Sign in to follow this  
landwomble

payment: sending cash / western union

landwomble

guys, one of the dealers recommended for UK shipping (ptswiss) is asking for cash to be sent in the post, or payment via Western Union. Should I be worried?

Fiddo
guys, one of the dealers recommended for UK shipping (ptswiss) is asking for cash to be sent in the post, or payment via Western Union. Should I be worried?

I would never send cash to anyone via the mail/post. As far as Western Union, you should be fine with that when dealing with any of the recommended dealers.

Luthier

I use WU all the time, but only with well known dealers.

JohnG

I would never send cash to anyone via the mail/post. As far as Western Union, you should be fine with that when dealing with any of the recommended dealers.

Agreed.

Precious Time is a good solid dealer, but don't send cash. It would probably be fine but I woulnd't risk it, better to pay the (inflated) rate at WU and KNOW that it got there....

greg_r

PTswiss is reliable, but no way would I send cash in the post. If you're in the UK, maybe a cheque would work? Cash or WU is really no choice at all. Assuming you are in the UK, and given that we have no problems whatsoever with customs anyhow (I've brought more than 40 watches in over the last couple of years without a single issue), I'd recommend ordering from one of our forum dealers instead.

P_Diddy

Why is Precious Time asking for Cash in post or WU?

I paid by PP last time.

landwomble
Why is Precious Time asking for Cash in post or WU?

I paid by PP last time.

Dunno. I will ask. Thanks guys

Member X

Also be aware that WU off a credit card can incur 'cash withdrawal' fees on the card and then the 20+% interest rate they charge :D

greg_r

Yup - I would certainly not use WU for a UK-based dealer either.

I'd be interested in hearing the outcome - if he's insisting on this kind of thing, we may have to re-consider whether he belongs on the dealer list.

landwomble
Yup - I would certainly not use WU for a UK-based dealer either.

I'd be interested in hearing the outcome - if he's insisting on this kind of thing, we may have to re-consider whether he belongs on the dealer list.

OK. My mate's pushed him on it, awaiting a response. I recommended ptswiss to him and I don't want to be responsible for him being ripped off. I'll post back when/if he gets a response.

If anyone's a good source of Omega SMP autos (high-end reps rather than low) that ship to the UK, let me know - ptswiss is quoting £210 for them delivered, which he's willing to pay...

greg_r

Frankly, here in the UK we have NO customs problems, so you'd do much better with PWC or Watchinternational - they'll give you the right service, delivery will still be quick and I'd expect the price to be lower. I generally only recommend PT to buyers in EU countries where customs are a problem (such as Denmark, Italy and France).

Member X

I'd definitely recommend Mary, she's been great so far for me :D

Luthier
I'd definitely recommend Mary, she's been great so far for me :D

What did you get from my gal?

Any pics?

Member X

Soon, soon... :D

She did send one but a marker was flawed so I'm just awaiting a replacement now. Missed the other half's birthday unfortunately, but hopefully she'll understand... (she better for the amount it's cost! lol Still cheap but I iz skint, innit!)

Luthier
Soon, soon... :D

She did send one but a marker was flawed so I'm just awaiting a replacement now. Missed the other half's birthday unfortunately, but hopefully she'll understand... (she better for the amount it's cost! lol Still cheap but I iz skint, innit!)

THAT blue marker you mentioned recently?

I'm sure you'll get flawless watch soon, Mary just came back from vacations.

Member X

Yeah, that's the one. Apart from that the watch was great! Not sure it's 100% to the gen but looks lovely and is so rare in real life (and women don't care about these things lol) that she's unlikely to ever get called out :D

It's been two weeks tomorrow since she sent it by air so hopefully it'll get here soon!

dazzaling69

I'm the guy who my friend landwomble (how did he come up with that name) was talking about. Precious Time won't let me pay by paypal citing 'security' reasons. I just want a great Omega SMP, not this kind of hassle. I must have had 10 emails exchanged with him with no change in his position. I'm new to the replicas but this is really putting me off.

Luthier
I'm the guy who my friend landwomble (how did he come up with that name) was talking about. Precious Time won't let me pay by paypal citing 'security' reasons. I just want a great Omega SMP, not this kind of hassle. I must have had 10 emails exchanged with him with no change in his position. I'm new to the replicas but this is really putting me off.

Question is - how did YOU come up with your name?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just kidding, Mr. Ling...

As our respectable Member X said - go to Mary, girl accept PP, just don't mention "watch" or "replica" in PP files, and you'll get what you want fast. Don't forget to mention that you're Forum member. Whole Lotta Love guaranteed.

greg_r

yep - try WatchInternational (Mary), PrestigeWatchCo or House Of Souvenirs (you'll find all of them in our Trading Zone). They're not UK based, but that's not a problem if you're in the UK (honestly - UK customs are very rep-friendly). In fact they'll probably ship faster than PTSwiss would anyhow.

As I've said earlier, the only reason PTSwiss is on our dealer list is that some EU countries (Denmark, Italy, France in particular) have customs issues, so it's safer to buy from an EU-based dealer. However, if he's pulling this sort of nonsense, we'll have to re-consider his status on our list - thanks for your feedback on this.

We do have complete faith in our forum dealers, however - they're the guys we use ourselves and have been invited to have their own subforums in preference to others because we KNOW we're safe with them. Nobody gets it right 100% of the time, but these folks surely try :rofl:

Welcome to the board, and feel free to let us know if you need any help sorting this out :-)

andy66
yep - try WatchInternational (Mary), PrestigeWatchCo or House Of Souvenirs (you'll find all of them in our Trading Zone). They're not UK based, but that's not a problem if you're in the UK (honestly - UK customs are very rep-friendly). In fact they'll probably ship faster than PTSwiss would anyhow.

As I've said earlier, the only reason PTSwiss is on our dealer list is that some EU countries (Denmark, Italy, France in particular) have customs issues, so it's safer to buy from an EU-based dealer. However, if he's pulling this sort of nonsense, we'll have to re-consider his status on our list - thanks for your feedback on this.

We do have complete faith in our forum dealers, however - they're the guys we use ourselves and have been invited to have their own subforums in preference to others because we KNOW we're safe with them. Nobody gets it right 100% of the time, but these folks surely try :lol:

Welcome to the board, and feel free to let us know if you need any help sorting this out :-)

i can definatly recommend PWC,got my watch here to the uk in under a week and the quality was outstanding,my first rep aswell.

i still cant understand pt not letting you pay via pp,he was ok with it last week??maybe theres one of those disputes going on and they are on his case??

greg_r
i can definatly recommend PWC,got my watch here to the uk in under a week and the quality was outstanding,my first rep aswell.

Yep - Rob's my preferred dealer as well. Good guy too :lol:

i still cant understand pt not letting you pay via pp,he was ok with it last week??maybe theres one of those disputes going on and they are on his case??

I'm wondering the same thing - however, he should be upfront about it - and, at least, offer a sensible alternative (bank transfer or cheque) for UK customers.

Member X

Sorry, this is possibly a dumb question, but now that Robert's sold his wholesale business, is he still selling watches? Just not on the wholesale-scale and therefore not with the wholesale offers that recently happened? I gather he is still selling but I thought I'd check as there's not much point recommending him if he's not... lol :lol:

Luthier
Sorry, this is possibly a dumb question, but now that Robert's sold his wholesale business, is he still selling watches? Just not on the wholesale-scale and therefore not with the wholesale offers that recently happened? I gather he is still selling but I thought I'd check as there's not much point recommending him if he's not... lol :lol:

Sure he does.

greg_r
Sorry, this is possibly a dumb question, but now that Robert's sold his wholesale business, is he still selling watches? Just not on the wholesale-scale and therefore not with the wholesale offers that recently happened? I gather he is still selling but I thought I'd check as there's not much point recommending him if he's not... lol :dogify:

Yep - he's concentrating on retail now. His plans sound interesting, to say the least ;)

greg_r
Sorry, this is possibly a dumb question, but now that Robert's sold his wholesale business, is he still selling watches? Just not on the wholesale-scale and therefore not with the wholesale offers that recently happened? I gather he is still selling but I thought I'd check as there's not much point recommending him if he's not... lol :dogify:

Yep - he's concentrating on retail now. His plans sound interesting, to say the least ;)