Sign in to follow this  
Del

Breitling Chronomat B01 mini review.

Del

This is a short review of a Breitling Chronomat B01 with quartz movement bought from from Reg (Narikaa) for the measley sum of £70 delivered.

At this price level you don't expect perfection, and I was right not to because it's not perfect. ;) The chrono second hand doesn't sit perfectly straight at 12 regardless of how you set it - it is less than one second out so you can have it a little to the left or a little to the right, but not in the middle! And there is a little "play" in the same hand so if you tip the watch from side to side then you can see the hand move backwards and forward a fraction. And the bezel is a little loose and clicks when you press it down on one side.

However, I love this watch! These flaws noted above are really insignificant when wearing the watch - it looks superb on the wrist. It's rather chunky at 45mm and around 17mm (I estimate) so with all this polished steel strapped to your wrist it's going to get noticed! :D

The lume is standard rep lume - you can make it glow for a bit but don't expect to be able to tell the time at 3am. Unless you put a light on of course! ;)

It's got a touch of purple AR on the crystal (I don't know if it's sapphire or not) but it is not particularly noticeable and is certainly not an issue. I rather like it actually.

The dial is beautifully detailed and well finished - no issues there. Tip top! :)

What else? The bracelet is excellent but the clasp engraving is a little uneven with the B in "Breitling" not as deeply stamped as the other letters.

The chrono works great using the screw-in pushers and being quartz is completely safe to use regularly.

So, there you have it, warts and all. Make no mistake though, this is a great rep for the money and should give hassle-free, bling-tastic enjoyment for a long time! :thumbsup2:

p2148274v3.jpg

p2148278v2.jpg

Dssd

Wawwy Wawwy I love it well done

Chiquita Fanjita

Looks great mate. Shame about its minor faults, but at least they're ones you can live with :)

Inushuk

Very nice .... Enjoy and wear it well.

I sold mine last year ... :)

P4GTR

Beautiful! That's a steal for the price. The white dial is stunning.

There's a few other differences between that and the 7750 version that i've noticed so far. The pearl is different on the quartz, as are the pushers and crown. The date window is stepped on the quartz, the auto gradually cut. The wording and emblem are different on the top of the dial. The "Breitling" logo bracelet on mine is etched not stamped, which is nice- all my others have been stamped. Quartz doesn't have sunken datewheel eh?

This is my 7750 version for comparo.

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9672.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

powderfreak

Nice little review with some pretty pictures, thanks for sharing :)

And there is a little "play" in the same hand so if you tip the watch from side to side then you can see the hand move backwards and forward a fraction.

Why, oh why?! EVERY quartz rep I had in hands was the same in this aspect... is there a dwarf in the quartz factory running around and pulling at the seconds hands?! :(

Cynikal.Mindset

pretty nice for a quartz piece...but you know you want the big boy version!

that centre chrono hand slop really angers me and I don't know why its like that but its pretty apparent on all the reps with this movement maybe a ronda 5040.D movement can be used in these things cuz those have no play at all and are pretty cheap for a swiss quartz

looks good still, maybe I should get a white one to go with my black-eye grey one

HWG

Its a great pick up for the price. Makes me want one.... congrats Del!

Del

Thanks guys! :thumbsup2:

I knew to expect some of the little flaws - most cheaper quartz reps are like that. I wanted a white dial Breit with s/s bracelet and this fits the bill so I'm very happy with it. Maybe one day I will buy the 7750 version but to be honest I'm not sure I so into the B01 that I'd want to spend 3 times the price on the ultimate version. No promises though! ;)

Only £70 remember - I spent £60 in a London taxi last week (expensed of course!) but you know what I mean. :D

fragzzone

This is art :)

TexAg08

I love it! Thanks for the post, partner.

gazzy

Nice to see a balanced view,it's not perfect but great value,that's the name of the game for me.

Del

Appreciate the comments! :thumbsup2:

dingle

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the pics.................:thud:

Del
damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the pics.................:thud:

I love my light tent. I've even started sleeping in it now.......;)

P4GTR
Maybe one day I will buy the 7750 version but to be honest I'm not sure I so into the B01 that I'd want to spend 3 times the price on the ultimate version. No promises though! ;)

I probably should've done the same.. Mine might have to go, I want a SOH. Badly.

kolchak
damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the pics................. :thud:

I love my light tent. I've even started sleeping in it now....... ;)

didn't micheal jackson sleep in a light tent?

Looks choice regardless of price. Dollars to doughnuts I'd pick the flush date wheel & flaws with quartz over sunken date wheel and better finishing, movment of the 7750.

I had a 7750 & a quartz grey dial avenger (got quartz from HWG for 1/3 price). Except for the flush vs sunken date wheel (and when you ran the chrono obviously) they looked identical. IMHO quartz breitlings are the best budget reps around.

Just wish they offered a chronometre w/ quartz under the hood...

Del

:lol:

Thanks Kol. Yes, the flush date wheel is a big plus of the quartz version. :)

stupid121

OK, quartz - not dangerous for me. How did you call it, cynikal-mindset? You need a Big Boy Version? And P4GTR shows it: The best grade Big Boy Breitling Rep I ever saw!

Til now, I could step aside of Breitling Reps. Now things changed! I want it now!

tenacious328

hey DEL

looks good for a new comer like myself

whats the site to order from?

UmpaHimself

I've had other, non rep quartz watches that have had similar issues that I lived with. So for that price you should be stoked Del!