Sign in to follow this  
gB.

G. Gerlach new diver project - F.O.K.A.

gtwc

Yep, the watch looks great.

I especially like the PVD / DLC'd one.

Further to Scorpions remark above (and not getting into Jeff's Polish jokes) this name DOES remind me

of a very old joke :-

A retired RAF Squadron Leader was holding forth over the dinner table at his exploits during WWII -

'Fokkers to the left of me, Fokkers to the right of me, Fokkers at 12 O'Clock high......'

Seeing that the ladies present were looking pale, and very offended, a further guest offered the

explanation : 'Don't worry ladies, no rude words. A Fokker is simply a make of German 'plane' and

then he looked over to the Sqd. Ldr for clarification.................................

"That's correct" boomed the Squadron-Leader "but these Fokkers were Messerschmitts!!"

:giggle:

teterouge

Nice to see a unique brand on the forum. Are any of you guys fond of Graham watches? I've become obsessed with the Swordfish. My hubby is not fond of them so I might have to buy one for myself and wear it around my ankle -- with black stilettos of course!

jcagara08

mother of Fokkers!

lovely watch mate!

how much for a piece with ss bracelet?

PVD option?

ETA based movement?

gtwc

Nice to see a unique brand on the forum. Are any of you guys fond of Graham watches? I've become obsessed with the Swordfish. My hubby is not fond of them so I might have to buy one for myself and wear it around my ankle -- with black stilettos of course!

Tete - you sound like a woman of my heart !!!!

:wub:

teterouge

Which part, the watch or the stilettos? (You have a HEART?)

Miracle

Not my kinda thing

teterouge

Not my kinda thing

I hear ya -- stilettos are a bitch to walk in...

YoungGPS

Sexy nice! :thumbsup:

Luthier

Just curious - where they'll make this watch?

Definitely not in China.

Chemicalafy

I love Copenhagen

SB56667

Not bad at all! I always liked that hybrid 60s-70s oblong-oval case shape...there are some cool old Soviet watches with a similar shape, but they're all too small for the full-grown PAM era...

Luthier

True, I remember these watches.

Also, it remind me Rado Diastar watches from 70s.

Rado.jpg

Luthier

Which part, the watch or the stilettos? (You have a HEART?)

Hhhmmm... If my wife will wear stilettos, she'll be much taller than me, and I'm 6'2"...

gB.
Just curious - where they'll make this watch?

Definitely not in China.

They're assembled in Poland, but I'm sure most of the parts are made in China. The movement definitely is since it's a Seagull.

gB.

Here's a few more wristie shots (not mine) of the orange dial Otago. :Whistle:

20120817104404.jpg

20120817104415.jpg

20120817104507.jpg

Luthier

That's the problem, mate. As far, as I know (and trust me, I know it VERY well), no factory in China will take an order for any parts - case, dials, etc - less than 500 pieces.

Some factories can accept 300 pieces Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) if the watch case is SS, but they'll charge you for every mold they make, and return these money ONLY after quantity will reach 500. So, the price would be astronomical. Also, Seagull won't sell less, than 150 movements for sure.

gB.

That's the problem, mate. As far, as I know (and trust me, I know it VERY well), no factory in China will take an order for any parts - case, dials, etc - less than 500 pieces.

Some factories can accept 300 pieces Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) if the watch case is SS, but they'll charge you for every mold they make, and return these money ONLY after quantity will reach 500. So, the price would be astronomical. Also, Seagull won't sell less, than 150 movements for sure.

G.Gerlach does deal in volumes like what you mentioned. The MOQ is probably why they are doing very similar models just with dial and lume variations, but the same case and movement. Check their website if you don't believe me. Plus they do special projects like the FOKA every year for the Polish watch forum chinawatches.pl, which is a forum about Chinese watches. But it is fact that they only use Seagull movements, and have even posted in their WUS thread about some modifications they have done to a Seagull manual wind to extend the PR by several hours.

They are using Chinese watch parts mate. :)

Luthier

Sure, I believe you, why not? In case they have well established cooperation with factory - then, yes, they can order such a small quantity.

I just talked to Seagull about buying ST-1908 movement in small quantity, and they agreed, only because I already bought many movements from them in the past.

gB.

Plus G.Gerlach is actually set up as a non-profit organization by the Polish government to sell Polish branded watches and promote horology industry within Poland. Maybe given their government status and backing, that may have something to do with their arrangement with the Chinese factories.

:)

Luthier

:rofl:

Trust me - chinese factories don't give a shit about any charities, these thing sare unknown there. They know how to make money.

Anyway, very interesting watch, want to see one in your possession, and... pictures!!!

krishogarth

Disaster watches from the 70's?!

True, I remember these watches.

Also, it remind me Rado Diastar watches from 70s.

Rado.jpg

Luthier

Well... they were quite popular.

James.

look like old seamasters...if you squint...and had dirt in your eye.

Veganburger

Hi guys was trying to search the link to buy the foka models, can share the link here? Thanks

gB.

Hi guys was trying to search the link to buy the foka models, can share the link here? Thanks

Cannot buy the FOKA since it was a limited forum model of <100 pieces and long sold out. They are making similar production models though with the same case but one with orange and one with graphite dial.