Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Inredible homage on WUS

JohnG

6498 Unitas, Elgin dial (subdial spacing SLIGHTLY off, but not bothersome to me, though I would just put an Elgin movement in it), Radiomir case, super funky strap:

Deco_Radio-04.JPG

Deco_Radio-08.JPG

Deco_Radio-05.JPG

Deco_Radio-12.JPGt

Deco_Radio-01.JPG

houndoggie

That is what I'm talking about!!!

Awesome!

AllergyDoc

That is cool!

Maybe not blue hands, though?

JohnG
That is cool!

Maybe not blue hands, though?

I kinda like them, but silver hands would look cool too. Blue takes courage and that guy has it in spades, that is a BOLD watch, but it totally works. The dial, the strap, fucking ORIGINAL!

greg_r

WOW!

Yes, I like the blue hands too - works well with that dial.

oscarmadfish

i think the strap is gay

trailboss99

Nice!!!

Not my style but one hell of a nice jiob by the maker.

Col.

KBH

The subdial spacing just ruins it for me. Otherwise it could have been pretty interesting.

greg_r

I'm waiting for the JohnG improved version with gen movement and proper spacing... :D

trailboss99

Ya, on closer examation that sub dial does me to. He didn't actualy file a gen dial to do that did he? If so he should be shot!

Col.

spboudart
The subdial spacing just ruins it for me. Otherwise it could have been pretty interesting.

+1

JohnG
I'm waiting for the JohnG improved version with gen movement and proper spacing... :D

I'm on it!

And the strap is a little out there, don't think I could wear it, but it is very cool. It is funny though hearing the word "gay" from Oscar, when he is the king of gay baby-blue straps - eeewwww...... At least this one if totally funky.

Nevertheless, I am already looking for a damask embossed leather to use to make a strap for the JohnG version with gen movement!!!!

Here is the working watch I am going to snipe for my NEXT project:

E930(2).JPG

greg_r
I'm waiting for the JohnG improved version with gen movement and proper spacing... ;)

I'm on it!

And the strap is a little out there, don't think I could wear it, but it is very cool. It is funny though hearing the word "gay" from Oscar, when he is the king of gay baby-blue straps - eeewwww...... At least this one if totally funky.

Nevertheless, I am already looking for a damask embossed leather to use to make a strap for the JohnG version with gen movement!!!!

Here is the working watch I am going to snipe for my NEXT project:

E930(2).JPG

Yep - I saw your post in the snipe thread - hence my comment :D

I agree about the strap - on ALL counts :D

JohnG
Ya, on closer examation that sub dial does me to. He didn't actualy file a gen dial to do that did he? If so he should be shot!

Col.

No, the seconds hand just sits on one side of the hole. He can always fix it by swapping in a gen Elgin movement but when he saw the dial it was being sold alone and he already had the movement.

It would bug me too but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is an AWESOME combination.

P_Diddy

is that snakeskin?

i think the strap is gay

JohnG
is that snakeskin?

i think the strap is gay

It is an embossed alligator or croc or something, and he put it at a 45 degree angle so that it would reflect the pattern on the dial. He got in in a scrap bag from Tandy Leather...

pollux1

KBH's Arnex kicks the shit out of that, hands down. It's nice but not in the same league as his