Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Terminator T0238

JohnG

Won on eBay for 37.95 Euros, 12 Euros shipping within Spain, thought it was a good deal, most sell for more, but yesterday I did a search on sold ones, and last week one auction ended and NO ONE BID! Opening bid is .02 Euros! DAMNIT I hate when that happens, why didn't I see it!!! (I would have bought another and sold this one on RG! :thumbsup2:)

Anyway, some specs:

casesize 46mm; thickness 12 mm; stainless steel

20 atm (200 METER) water resistant

quartz movement

hardened mineral glass

screw down case back

luminous hands and indexes (very good lume)

high quality diver Strap Macuraflex (the strap is nice)

The build quality if REALLY nice, I am impressed with the watch for the money, great deal, nice size, not ridiculous but big, what I am used to now. The bezel is tight, neat design, fat coinage, partially recessed into case, nice deep rehault and crystal seems to be very thick.

The strap is a little stiff, but not too much, for me just right. I don't like too-soft rubber straps but over stiff feels uncomfortable. This one is just right IMO.

This would make a great every day beater. If I find another one super duper cheap (a no bidder) I will pick it up and use it on the job site (that really beats the hell out of watch and I don't want to make THIS one THAT much of a beater....

Imagen095.jpg

Imagen093.jpg

Imagen092.jpg

Imagen091.jpg

Imagen090.jpg

Imagen089.jpg

onzenuub

Nice watch.

Member X

Nice! Bummer about the price but that's about my luck too... lol

greg_r

Wow - nice for the price - shame about the earlier one, but that's still a helluva watch for €50 ish including shipping...

houndoggie
Wow - nice for the price - shame about the earlier one, but that's still a helluva watch for €50 ish including shipping...

Nice.. I had the Auto version of that Tauchmeister I got from ebay for about $150 shipped. It was nice, but became redundant with the purchase of the Zinex Trimix.

I like the looks of yours better, too.

Mine:

DSC04378.jpg

That bezel has a really nice feel to it, doesn't it?

JohnG
Nice.. I had the Auto version of that Tauchmeister I got from ebay for about $150 shipped. It was nice, but became redundant with the purchase of the Zinex Trimix.

I THOUGHT you had one of these - of course, these days there I think the only watch I have that you don't is THIS one:

LLBean.jpg

This is going to become a restoration project by the way - it was given to me by an OLD girlfriend and it has a lot of sentimental value. A bit of pure sweet sunshine from Dallas she was. :thumbsup2:

I am going to get rid of the media-blasted finish, go brushed with polished dial, relume, new crystal, and nice strap, then I will just put it away. It's way too fucking small to actually wear. ;)

Member X

Damn you all, now I have about 5 watches from that seller on the watch list :thumbsup2: lol

JohnG
Damn you all, now I have about 5 watches from that seller on the watch list ;) lol

:thumbsup2:

houndoggie

I THOUGHT you had one of these - of course, these days there I think the only watch I have that you don't is THIS one:

LLBean.jpg

This is going to become a restoration project by the way - it was given to me by an OLD girlfriend and it has a lot of sentimental value. A bit of pure sweet sunshine from Dallas she was. :thumbsup2:

I am going to get rid of the media-blasted finish, go brushed with polished dial, relume, new crystal, and nice strap, then I will just put it away. It's way too fucking small to actually wear. ;)

As a rule of thumb.. I never keep any sentimental items from previous relationships, cuz it will only cause a problem down the road.

Why don't you fix it up and give it to some local kid.

oscarmadfish

good lume

JohnG
As a rule of thumb.. I never keep any sentimental items from previous relationships, cuz it will only cause a problem down the road.

Yeah, but it makes sense that your panty collections would upset the next girlfriend.

I don't carry a torch for her, just remember her fondly. If my GF can't deal then she can start by giving away all the jewelry she has ever received as gifts from other boyfriends. No, it doesn't bother me and I am pretty sure it doesn't bother her that I keep this stuff. Now if I took a bath alone each night while wearing it, well, then I could understand.... :thumbsup2:

good lume

You're talkative lately!

houndoggie

Yeah, but it makes sense that your panty collections would upset the next girlfriend.

I don't carry a torch for her, just remember her fondly. If my GF can't deal then she can start by giving away all the jewelry she has ever received as gifts from other boyfriends. No, it doesn't bother me and I am pretty sure it doesn't bother her that I keep this stuff. Now if I took a bath alone each night while wearing it, well, then I could understand.... :thumbsup2:

good lume

You're talkative lately!

Makes sense.. but you know how women are.. they are fine with it until they are not fine with it.

JohnG

good lume

You're talkative lately!

Makes sense.. but you know how women are.. they are fine with it until they are not fine with it.

Yeah, but they know how I am too... they get the salami until they don't get the salami.

;)

JohnG

Turns out my Tauchmeister is a homage! :thumbsup: The original is the Seiko "tuna can":

standard.jpg

greg_r
Turns out my Tauchmeister is a homage! :thumbsup: The original is the Seiko "tuna can":

:thumbsup:

I've got one on the way myself - nice looking watch for the dough. Whether I'll keep it for long is another matter, but we'll see if it gets any wear :D

Member X

That seiko is nice!