Sign in to follow this  
landwomble

titanium cases - removing sharp edges?

landwomble

My Getatwatch titanium's turned up, and it's a peach. Some edges are a little sharp (well, not actually *sharp* but might mark the leather). What's the best product to remove these with? A file's far too aggressive, would something like Autosol chrome polish be a dumb idea?

greg_r
My Getatwatch titanium's turned up, and it's a peach. Some edges are a little sharp (well, not actually *sharp* but might mark the leather). What's the best product to remove these with? A file's far too aggressive, would something like Autosol chrome polish be a dumb idea?

a fine emery board (such as the wife uses for her nails) should be enough. I've used 'em to cure sharp edges on several bracelets and deployant clasps - be gentle, it doesn't take much..

houndoggie

I have a 12 step smoothing and polishing process for this that requires $200 worth of equipment and supplies...

...or you can use the emery board.

Both will work just fine ;)

JohnG
I have a 12 step smoothing and polishing process for this that requires $200 worth of equipment and supplies...

HD does "edge reductions" for between $60 and $150, depending on the particular geometry of the watch...

landwomble

I like the 2nd option! So literally, grab emery board, give it a rub, job done?

AllergyDoc

I used 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper.

houndoggie

HD does "edge reductions" for between $60 and $150, depending on the particular geometry of the watch...

Yes.. but I also will discount 2% if you send me multiple watches... :irish_dance:

greg_r

Both will work just fine :irish_dance:

I like the 2nd option! So literally, grab emery board, give it a rub, job done?

You got it - just be gentle about it ;)

Drhulee

I'd go with AllergyDoc's advice (very fine grit wet sandpaper), the emery board may end up taking off more than you planned, unless you're used to using one.