Sign in to follow this  
grb

Robert -Tribute Collection

grb

Repair drama nearly over, I thought I would post my tribute to Robert, as he supplied nearly all these pieces, directly or indirectly plus a couple of guests

Driving section

Chopard Mille Miglia, one his super versions, with an incorrect Giovanni et figlio, the patina looks great with the essence of copper on the markers. Still not back yet but hopeful

IMGP1828.jpg

Bretling Flying 'B' quartz on tan Orloff

DSC_0075.jpg

Ferrari Chrono on Junchten german rally strap.

I need advice on this I'm not sure whether this German/Italian duo work too well

DSC_0102.jpg

This is the movement of the ferrari. Roberts favourite movement and mine for what it's worth.

DSC_0071.jpg

Dive section

Mare Nostrum on Simona indirect from Mondeo

DSC_0074.jpg

Guest Anonimo

DSC_0068.jpg

Special, having dinner with Aren section

This is unworn, might even have to get rid of this... no wrist time

IWC F.A. Jones with an added Italian chestnut croc strap.. This is the best strap I own (Guest from KBH)

DSC_0088.jpg

Radiomir section

Swiss PAM231 with Tobacco croc Orloff (Guest from the Dutchman)

DSC_0064.jpg

PAM232 with Amoretto croc Orloff (Guest from Repgeek)

DSC_0086.jpg

PAM288 super version with Cognac Inspire

DSC_0085.jpg

PAM183 swiss on Negro croc Orloff

DSC_0084.jpg

Vintage from rsea on a peasant Curahee saddle. This is fabulous work but I'm still not sure about vintage, anyway this might have to go back the hands are starting to go rusty.

DSC_0101.jpg

Luminor Section

This is my favourite PAM297 GMT on Espresso Orloff Croc

DSC_0077.jpg

Now this one I got sucked into 21j PAM063 came from Roberts auction I got suckered I didn't know it existed and just had to have it.

So I paid way over the odds. It needs to be replaced with a proper version. It's on an Orloff croc

DSC_0065.jpg

PAM177 on Marrone OEM croc

DSC_0096.jpg

PAM251 on a good pretty good rubber strap with dust, I now have a problem with sunken date wheel

DSC_0095.jpg

PAM224 this came indirect it's supposed to be 7753 but I'm not so sure any advice gratefully received, on a midnight blue Orloff croc.

DSC_0094.jpg

PAM253 regatta this was supposedly a special order that he kept a couple back from, it's on Mocha Orloff croc, this is the absolute biz

DSC_0093.jpg

PAM308 regatta hand wind, on an accordion rubber strap.

Now you may ask why would we want to know what the crown guard looked like. I paid baldrick for a correspondence course on photographing watches, and he hasn't sent me lesson 2 yet.

DSC_0100.jpg

HWG

that is quite a collection! love the 224 and that chopard looks great too!

bklynboy

Special, having dinner with Aren section

This is unworn, might even have to get rid of this... no wrist time

IWC F.A. Jones with an added Italian chestnut croc strap.. This is the best strap I own (Guest from KBH)

DSC_0088.jpg

Lovely collection, I also bid on FA Jones during the last auction, the strap looks marvelous. LMK if you sell...

onionbag

A beautiful collection and some great images. Thank you for sharing these.

I'm hopeful Baldrick will come through for you, once your postal order arrives. :D

Del

Great collection! :thumbsup2:

Lovely watches and straps, not to mention your dry wit interspersed, all of which is right up my street. :clap:

grb

You are all very kind,

DeLaForce

Wow nice ... Great watches, and tribute :) makes me miss the pwc auctions, and constant deals posted on here of the best bang for you're buck watches ever! Thanks for sharing :)

gB.

I have that same Ferrari from Robert, my all time favorite but from him. I think this strap is the best for it IMO, and this is after trying probably close to a dozen or so over the past couple years. Outstanding quality too for only $35 at watchbandcenter.com. :D

ba4c9a63-1.jpg

Sent from my Drunken Carrier Pigeon via Tapatalk

grb

I agree GoBig, while it's a good strap there's something wrong with my combination. I thought you had the better gold version

nunu78

nice watches mate and Robert was gr8 the best we have got indeed,miss you Robert.R.I.P

mbjoer

Nice collection and pictures. And very informative that you added which straps you got as well.

Will have to test Orloff one day...

Mystery Shopper

Beautiful collection of watches and straps, grb.

Is it new rust or vintage rust on the vintage?

greg_r

Nice collection - and a great tribute.

I've had a lot of good watches from Robert over the years - in fact almost all of my favourites. Mebbe I should post something similar...

kolchak

sorry i missed this thread before - wonderful tribute & nice sarcasim Grb. Does Orloff live across the street from you?

Does he have an actual website or just email?

mondeov6

That is a truly great collection!! (Nice to see an "old friend" in there!)... :thumbsup2:

Very nice watch/strap combos! Watching this collection I do realize I must get myself another PAM! :lol:

Great tribute to Robert. Thank's for sharing!