Sign in to follow this  
Harley357

How about a watch wallpaper section?

Harley357

I have several hi rez watch pictures (and working on some more) that I would like to post, but I never know where. So I thought a "Watch Wallpaper" section where people can post hi rez pictures that can be used as backgrounds for the desktop.

What do you think of that Idea?

AustinTech

i like it.

AllergyDoc

Good idea.

The only minor problem I run into is the size. My notebook computer's screen is more of an HD format while my desktop is more 3/4.

Number One: Make it so. :)

greg_r

hmm - I like the idea. The only problem is that wallpaper tends to be much higher resolution than our usual photos, which can slow the board to a crawl - as well as breaking the board formatting once they go over a particular size...

We'd have to limit the number of wallpapers posted in a particular topic.

Let me think about this one...

Harley357

Can it be done so that they just show as 800 pixels (or less) and must be clicked on on to see full size?

I usually compress them anyway. The last 1920x1200 pixel wallpaper I made was under 250kb.

greg_r
Can it be done so that they just show as 800 pixels (or less) and must be clicked on on to see full size?

Not natively within iPB unless we allow uploads (which I'm not going to do - again, will slow the board down). Most of the image hosting sites will do that, though...

I usually compress them anyway. The last 1920x1200 pixel wallpaper I made was under 250kb.

Yup - most of mine are that kinda size too, but there's always someone who uploads a 10mb file :Whistle:

I just need to figure out how to get it to work so that it doesn't cause a problem. The annoying bit is that if we were using the latest version of iPB (the one that RWGJr uses) it would be easy as there's a photo gallery plugin for it.

Might be able to work around it by just restricting the number of wallpapers that can be posted in a topic. Maybe saying 3 wallpapers per topic max and restricting the highest resolution. If you want to post a wallpaper you HAVE to make a new topic. That would limit the impact fairly well. Do you think that's workable?

Harley357

I usually post one picture per thread in 1920x1200. I figure if someone wants to use it as a wallpaper they will have to resize/crop/etc themselves. Most should be able to do that. Otherwise you'd have to upload at least 5 different pictures per thread to match the most common screen resolutions.

I'd be perfectly fine to post only wallpaper per thread (that's how it's done over at RG).

greg_r

Okay - done deal. I'll get something organised asap.

RolexAddict

another possibility is to open here a new section called "wallpaper galery" for exemple, to show low resolution images, and then a link to dowload from a other storage place the right size high resolution image selected by the members

o.k I :Talking Ear Off: :irish_dance::shitfan:

JohnG

Yay a new sub-forum!!! :Talking Ear Off: