Sign in to follow this  
TexAg08

How good is the SOH V1.5 rep?

TexAg08

Howdy y'all. I've been absolutely dying to get my hands on a SOH V2 with black dial, black bezel, mesh bracelet, and Swiss movement, but it appears that I'm simply too late. Apparently the factories have stopped making them and they've all been bought up so it's looking like I'm gonna have to settle for the V1.5. The problem is that I haven't seen or read any traffic on this version. Can anyone comment on whether the V1.5 is a decent quality rep? I'm sure it wont have the correct blue/pink AR that the V2 supposedly had, but are there any other flaws that I should know about? Thank y'all kindly for any and all help!

P.S. If anybody knows of a dealer that still has one I'll promise you my first born son. Just kidding. But seriously...

ScottDy

Check with Mary at WatchInternational, she had a few Black V2's left a week or so ago, don't know about now but she's the only one out there who has had any lately.

TexAg08

Checked with Mary as she is the dealer I usually deal with, but according to her she is now out of the V2s. You ever hear anything about the quality of the 1.5, Scott?

greg_r

The SOH v1.5 (aka v3) isn't quite as good as the v2, but it's still damned good (I have both).

The main downsides versus the v2 are:

1. the crown doesn't sit quite as flush as it should when screwed in.

2. if the lume dots aren't applied accurately, it's easily noticed as they're placed on a blue background within a white ring (the v2 used white dots instead). Mine has accurately-placed dots, so this one doesn't appear.

3. The rep OR strap and clasp are inferior quality to the v2 (which is pretty much identical to gen quality) - and, in the case of the blue one, the strap isn't quite the right colour. Simple solution: mesh ;)

Having said all the above, it's pretty nitpicky stuff - the v1.5/v3 is still damned close to gen and an excellent watch. Don't hesitate...

Here's my v2

soh_OR_270210.jpg

... and the v1.5 / v3 on Vollmer mesh

breitsoh_v3_vollmer_170112.JPG

Dr Yan

I was never really into breitling, but yesterday i looked at that exact model of SOH on mesh , and i think i see breitlings in my future :D

greg_r

I was never really into breitling, but yesterday i looked at that exact model of SOH on mesh , and i think i see breitlings in my future :D

+1

I'm not a Breit fan either - the SOH is my one and only Breit (well, actually three and only :giggle: )

stewzzy

waiting on V2 to be posted ordered the last blue one from mary last week. Whooo! The V1.5 looks pretty decent. it doesnt have the tell-tale giveaway "p" in "superocean" running not quite flush into the "a" in automatic which really put me off the V1. I would go for it if you can live with the points Greg has highlighted. Beautiful watch and will be my only breitling also as im not convinced with other breitlings - yet . . . . .

TexAg08

Greg,

Thanks for that great post! That's exactly what I needed to know. Just curious, is there any kind of blue/pink hue to the AR at all on the V1.5 or is it simply clear? Thanks again!

dredd0606

Nice watch Greg, I think I'll go ahead with a v1.5 blue as well. It looks like a stunner on the mesh!

- Dredd

ScottDy

Sorry, didn't get back to this post until now, I don't know anything about the v1.5 although greg_r seems to have covered it pretty well. I am fortunate enough to have a V2 that I got with the rep mesh bracelet (which I switched out for a Staib Mesh Bracelet). One of these days I'll get around to selling the rep Bracelet.

greg_r

Greg,

Thanks for that great post! That's exactly what I needed to know. Just curious, is there any kind of blue/pink hue to the AR at all on the V1.5 or is it simply clear? Thanks again!

The AR is very slightly blue (as is the V2 - they're pretty much identical in that respect). Fortunately with the blue dial, it's hardly noticeable at all.

ReplicaFromDownunder

Good luck with finding a V2. I purchased the last one Mary had at Watchinternational.

here is a pic! :P

Sa2.jpg

Prancuzas

So as far as i understand rep mesh is crap on all versions and it's better to search for an aftermarket one?

I think my next purchase will be SOH, and i want that to have all 3 straps (silicone, leather and mesh to be able to swap whenever i want).

pallidum

I know this is probably a bonehead question, but after searching the forums I still can't find the specs for the strap on the 46mm SOH v1.5. Mary has one one the way for me with mesh, but I want to pick up a silicone strap as well from panatime. Can anyone tell me if it is 22 or 24mm?

Thanks!

Hazz

Hi, it is a 24mm

zdh

I just bought the gen mesh - so excited to get it!