Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Panatime CF on TopGun

trailboss99

I needed to buy some Pam CG screws the other day and what the heck? Why waste postage?

So, I had a browse of the extensive range of bits of leather and stuff with holes in 'em you find at Panatime

and shot Stan of an order for the screws and a CF 22mm with blue stitching as I have been wanting to try something else on the TG.

The stock rep strap looks the part, it's a good copy of the gen but it's somewhat stiff and a bit of a bitch to do up as a result.

Now, having a house with tiled floors a tricky strap on a ceramic watch is not a good idea :) It also doesn't sit quite right on my wrist.

Today the package arrived and the strap was persuaded to fit the lugs on the TG. A TG is of cause only 21mm but a 22 will fit without too much effort. So, a couple of pics and some thoughts on the strap.

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

The strap sits very well on the wrist.

IMG_0585.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the underside but it's fully lined in soft leather.

The strap is a nice piece of work for the money, soft and pliable with two keepers and a good solid buckle which is a good thing as this strap is 115/80x 22/20 so the 18mm IWC buckle is not going to fit. I'll bead blast this one when I get a chance so it blends in a bit more, it's brushed ATM. The good thing was the damn thing has a hole that fits! I am forever suffering from the fact that ideal is always between two of the pre punched holes in most straps, not this time as the last hole was perfect! I prefer a long tail so that's just fine by me. I like the blue stitching, it's adds a bit of character to the whole ensemble IMO. you will find the strap here: http://www.panatime.com/22syst.html in a range of stitch colours for 28 bucks. Stan even threw in a nice blue 22mm leather strap for free, pity it wasn't 24mm or I'd see how it looked on my 112, quite nice I suspect. I'll throw it on my SOSF if I ever find a crown to finish the build!

All in all a worth while investment considering the price of a gen TG strap is a little bit higher. Oh, alright, a lot higher :)

Thanks Panatime, trailie likes!

greg_r

nice one, mate :)

Leigh

sweet

Del

Looks like a really nice strap! :thumbsup2:

I'm not 100% sure about the combo but at least it's a bit different! ;)

tommylad

Those straps are great. I had the one with red lining.

ReplicaFromDownunder

Looking great!!

sent via my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Tits McGee

Very nice!

I had Dan Migliore make one for mine. It came out incredible!