Sign in to follow this  
sms

Probably Go Broke

sms

I just joined the forum Friday I think it was and already I've ordered 4 new watches. One from Mary, one from Marvellous, and two lower end pieces from Timeshop. But what really worries me is that I've put at least 25-30 on my wishlist, many of them in the 300-600 range. I just have to have that AP Juan Pablo Montoya, but I held myself back this weekend. I didn't see it until I had already bought two. I got the two cheaper versions from Timeshop just to keep me from buying the AP. This place is great!

IS the Asian 21J worth having? I know its a low end auto movement, but I'm thinking thats probably what I have in the reps I bought from perfectwatches. Their website says it's a Miyota movement, which I've read is owned by Citizen or Seiko, I forget which. Their higher end watgches say they have a Swiss ETA 7750, but having read the great post about the different movements, it's likely the Asian version of the 7750. They ask from 350 to 600 for them. I've never bought one of their "Swiss" pieces, but I have a a few of their better Miyota movement pieces. The stainless bands aren't that great, with the exception of the Rolex Day Date, it has a really nice gold and stanless with the plating on both sides in every other link. The leather bands are OK on the Tags, but I don't have one of their more expensive leather band watches.

I am looking forward to getting these. If they are superior to what I have now, and I expect that to be the case, I'll be ecstatic. If they're not, no harm no foul. they cost about the same as I've been paying at the other place, so it's really a win win :giggle: :giggle:

NCRich

21js have been very reliable for me. YMMV. Handwinds are good too. You will get some that go bonk, but that is just the game. I like all mine, all 23. Welcome!

Nisv

Man, you got it bad :P

Welcome, you've come to the right place ;)

Cyril_Clunge

Nope, you won't probably go broke. A more accurate word is definitely.

Soopah Spy

*with a glazed, shuffling look*

"one of ussss... ONE OF UUUUSSSSS..... :rofl:

Welcome! Settle in for the ride.

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

You're made for this place. ;)

stewzzy

prepare to become part of the guilty little pleasure that is this forum and the endless amount of info, witty banter and of course beautiful wristwear. whoooooo!

Member X

You're dooooooomed!! :lol:

I would recommend going for the Asian/Swiss ETAs - the sweep is much nicer and more accurate to gen, plus you stand some chance of getting them serviced by a modder on the boards but have to faff with finding the correct 21j movement if one dies...

That said, most 21j movements are reliable and pretty bombproof, it seems, but if you are getting something you think might be a keeper then definitely go clone/ETA :)

robznet

Hello mate - looks like you have slotted in here right away and been blessed early with our terrible affliction!

Nuthouse.jpg