Sign in to follow this  
fatarms

Hi and stuff

fatarms

New here. I've been looking for a couple of days at a few different replica sites and had no idea what I was looking at or for in terms of scam vs. real. I went through the list of reputable sellers here and have sent a couple inquiries to a couple sellers.

This place is exactly what I was looking for. The information here is better than I've seen anywhere and I've looked everywhere. This place has answers, that's a good thing. I'll be here for a while. Thank you for spelling everything out in easy to read tutorials and summaries.

As for having a thick skin, take your best shot. I've been around for a while.

Luthier

Good start, mate! Read our threads for a week-two, you'll get plenty of knowledge. And thick skin is a necessity here.

:)

Welcome to the best Forum on Earth!!!

Mazz

Welcome aboard mate

Like Luther said read the stickies in the new member area are a great place to start.

Be sure to visit the museum to see the horrors of the watch world

bronco bullit

Welcome

jeffw69

welcome fatarms.

arm-fat.jpg

P4GTR

Welcome :)

diegosaenz

Welcome!

robznet
Nuthouse.jpg

dalboy

Welcome nice to have you with us, a wealth of info here and a great bunch of people too. Hope your thick skin stands you in good stead

DeLaForce
welcome fatarms.

arm-fat.jpg

:lol: +1

greg_r

Welcome - good to have you here :D

fatarms

Ok, I've been here a week now. I've been here everyday for at least an hour total each day. I've read as much as I can to learn about movements, I've visited every TD's site or at least looked through their galleries to get a feel for who might have the best versions of brands. MReplica or Mary for Rolex, Toro for Pams (I didn't even know the word "Pam" a weel ago). I've picked out the watches I've seen so far that I want and have to restrain myself from buying them all at once.

What gets me about this forum is that it's fun and informative. You guys are helpful and playful at the same time, no matter what corner of the world you're from. The suggestions you guys give, whether how to fix, mod, where to buy a certain type of watch, or just looking out to help a fellow poster ('sup HWG?)

There have also been some things here that have discouraged me a couple times, this Mike thing being the biggest. I think I just came in a wrong time and things aren't normally like this here. Seems like some guys are going to lose some watches that they entrusted in someone else and looks like some people got theirs back in worse condition than they sent it in. I hope that's not the norm here, just a matter of time before one of my watches will need servicing and I'd like to be able to trust someone here.

It's been a pretty eye opening week here. I've learned a shit ton of stuff I had no idea even existed in watches, I've learned what a low-beat vs. a high-beat means. I've learned that there are sellers out there that you can be rest assured aren't going to screw you and take the money and run. I've learned that sellers like Mary and Rochest, marvellousreplica, silix are all actually really nice people and very informative and freindly when it comes to dealing with them. I'm still waiting for a watch from each of them, but then again, it's only been a week. It takes a while for a watch to swim across the pacific.

Thanks guys and gals (I think I saw at least one girl here. KenNy has nice nails, right? :-P ) You've made me feel pretty comfortable here in the past 7 days, and I'm here to stay for a while. Like it or not.

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse :)

fatarms

Maybe I should have posted that in the general section :lol: