Sign in to follow this  
p-lund

UPO

p-lund

i´ve just reciewed my UPO. the watch was running when i got it, but i haven´t wind it up yet. one thing concerns me : on a chrono movement, isn´t the center second hand supposed to be still at the 12 o clock position while the little second subdial at 9 should be running constantly. isn´t the center second hand only supposed to be moving when the chronofunktion is activated ? as it is now the center secondhand can point at 12, when the little subdial second han points at 3 o clock position at the same time. will they be synchronized if i wind it up, starts, stops, and resets the chrono ? then i was spinning it clockwise to add a little more energy to the rotor, and it sounds like there is something rotating inside. i have heard that the the rotor should be pretty noisy on these with A7750, but mine is silent. even my sub with ETA-clone sounds a little more. is there something wrong ?

AllergyDoc

Push the bottom pusher and stop the chrono. Then push it again to reset the chrono hands. The large second hand should snap to 12:00 and the small second second hand at 9:00 should keep running. The running second shouldn't be synced with the chrono second hand, unless you activate the chrono function when the running second hand hits 12:00.

A7750 rotors can be very quiet. Not all are noisy.

Frankly, if your watch was running when you got it, it sounds like you have a quartz watch.