Sign in to follow this  
mbjoer

RESOLVED: Problems with Prestige Watch Co

mbjoer

Update 21 Oct 2009: Received the watch!! Many thanks to the board and Greg.

Have written a small revied in the Rolex area. And I am glad it is all resolved... :clap:

I am really sorry to have to write this, but to get straight to the point I have been scammed by a trusted dealer on this forum.

Let me start out by stating that I have had dealings with a number of trusted and non-trusted dealers and members on the fora. I have had complications with some of the deals, but all have worked out in the end.

That was until I decided to try out Prestige Watch Company. - You know the one with the straight shooting guy you need to please if you want him to supply you.

Well, I tried.

A long time ago I attempted a purchase. I Followed the instructions on how to deal with this dealer to the book and received an order confirmation on July 23.

This was followed by payment straight to the bank (receipt of money confirmed) and a very long communication. - That is a very high no of emails and Pms from me (all which with Order No in the heading, so easy to trace) and sporadic replies from Robert.

Initially I messaged him because nothing happened at all. Then on 3rd Sep (!) I received a tracking no, which turned out never to be recognised by Parcelforce. And still no watch.

So more messages are sent to Robert. I try to get information about when and where it was shipped from, in order to trace it from my end. But he is not interested in this and refuses to provide any further shipping information.

Instead I am told on 11 Sep:

why are you wasting time chasing this around I gave you the simple solution 2 weeks ago Upgrade to EMS and I will send another for you. If the other turns up then send it back. The post office here and in the UK will take an age to trace this I will register a trace today but expect it to take anything upto the maximum time it can for them

Right. No point arguing. Instead on to the second scam. I pay the upgrade on 16 September – again straight to his bank account so no delay, and confirm by PM the same day.

By now I have paid twice. I have paid directly, so no comeback to CC or PP. Sounds familiar?

Well....

From hereon there is total silence from Prestige Watch Company. I try another 3 PMs to Robert, but get no reply. No watch, no shipping details and no communication.

In desperation on 26 Sep I try to contact him via a thread on Repgeek. After all Robert is quite prolific on the fora, so perhaps he would spot this one and answer me: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=79019

The thread clearly touched a nerve on the forum and attracted more than 80 responses, of which some are from Robert. However he still does not answer me or addresses the issue of the missing watch. His last posting on the thread is on 29 Sep just saying that enough has been said in this matter.

On 3rd October I contacted a moderator on Repgeek, who kindly intervenes on my behalf. This moderator gets one response saying that Robert would look into the matter. But then no more. Also no response when the moderator tries again. So this approach has also proved fruitless.

The tale may sound like the typical scare story about a Chinese back-room con-artist. But it is a trusted dealer. And a well known one at that.

I would love to be one of those who could write here about how wonderful Robert is, and keep him happy. I have even thought of a nice little bulk purchase from him, which might have made me happy. It all seems so tempting.

That is often the case, I guess. But if it seems too good to be true it probably is...

In my case I guess I was lucky that I was scammed on a relatively small order and did not go for the big bait.

I still hope to receive my watch one day, although my hope has faded considerably.

Now my question is: How safe should anyone feel with the trusted dealers? Certainly this experience has made me question the value of this status.

Hopefully I am wrong to do so.

Edited by greg_r

greg_r

Firstly, scammed is most certainly not the word to be using at this point, and it will only make it more difficult to resolve your issue. It's up to you, but I would recommend editing your post with that in mind. Whilst Robert certainly shoots from the hip at times, to my certain knowledge he has NEVER scammed anyone. The use of inflammatory language of this sort will only serve to make your point of view less credible to all concerned. Our choice of Trusted Dealers here was made after a great deal of discussion and investigation - we don't take this kind of thing lightly as we have only invited dealers we're confident that we can work with and trust.

Secondly, why have you not contacted myself or trailboss with your problem to see if it can be resolved before posting this here? What has happened on other boards is irrelevant - if you're questioning our choice of trusted dealer (and Robert has been my own preferred dealer for quite some time), then it is only polite (and, dare I say sensible), to contact us first to see what can be done.

Many years experience in retail management tells me that NOBODY gets it right all of the time - no matter how hard they try. This is obviously one of those instances. Be that as it may, there has obviously been a major breakdown of communication and it needs to be sorted. I'll contact Robert and see what can be done.

In future, please PM one of us directly before posting this kind of thing - other boards would simply have deleted your thread due to its rather inflammatory tone, but we don't do that kind of thing here. Casting aspersions on our integrity when having problems with a trusted dealer isn't going to make you any friends, however. Next time just PM Col or myself - we'll always try to help when there's an issue - that's part of what having dealers forums here is all about.

mbjoer
Firstly, scammed is most certainly not the word to be using at this point, and it will only make it more difficult to resolve your issue. It's up to you, but I would recommend editing your post with that in mind. Whilst Robert certainly shoots from the hip at times, to my knowledge he has NEVER scammed anyone. The use of inflammatory language of this sort will only serve to make your point of view less credible to all concerned. Our choice of Trusted Dealers here was made after a great deal of discussion and investigation - we don't take this kind of thing lightly as we have only invited dealers we KNOW we can trust - which is why many dealers seen on other forums are not in evidence here.

Secondly, why have you not contacted myself or trailboss here with your problem to see if it can be resolved before posting this here? What has happened on other boards is irrelevant - if you're questioning our choice of trusted dealer (and Robert has been my own preferred dealer for quite some time), then it is only polite (and, dare I say sensible), to contact us first to see what can be done.

Many years experience in retail managementtells me that NOBODY gets it right all of the time - no matter how hard they try. This is obviously one of those instances. Be that as it may, there has obviously been a major breakdown of communication and it needs to be sorted. I'll contact Robert and see what can be done.

In future, please PM me directly before posting this kind of thing - I'll always try to help.

Thanks for your reply.

I regret if you take that as critisism of yourself. That is not at all the case. I appreciate that you are here and ready to assist.

I chose not to do so because I already have taken the time from a mod on Repgeek whom I considered to be as influential as yourself. This lead nowhere and to take your time and others time whith so much history already seems a waste of time.

If ever I need your assistance (and in the best sense if the word I hope that will not happen... :clap: ) I shall keep you in mind.

houndoggie
Firstly, scammed is most certainly not the word to be using at this point, and it will only make it more difficult to resolve your issue. It's up to you, but I would recommend editing your post with that in mind. Whilst Robert certainly shoots from the hip at times, to my knowledge he has NEVER scammed anyone. The use of inflammatory language of this sort will only serve to make your point of view less credible to all concerned. Our choice of Trusted Dealers here was made after a great deal of discussion and investigation - we don't take this kind of thing lightly as we have only invited dealers we KNOW we can trust - which is why many dealers seen on other forums are not in evidence here.

Secondly, why have you not contacted myself or trailboss here with your problem to see if it can be resolved before posting this here? What has happened on other boards is irrelevant - if you're questioning our choice of trusted dealer (and Robert has been my own preferred dealer for quite some time), then it is only polite (and, dare I say sensible), to contact us first to see what can be done.

Many years experience in retail managementtells me that NOBODY gets it right all of the time - no matter how hard they try. This is obviously one of those instances. Be that as it may, there has obviously been a major breakdown of communication and it needs to be sorted. I'll contact Robert and see what can be done.

In future, please PM me directly before posting this kind of thing - I'll always try to help.

Thanks for your reply.

I regret if you take that as critisism of yourself. That is not at all the case. I appreciate that you are here and ready to assist.

I chose not to do so because I already have taken the time from a mod on Repgeek whom I considered to be as influential as yourself. This lead nowhere and to take your time and others time whith so much history already seems a waste of time.

If ever I need your assistance (and in the best sense if the word I hope that will not happen... :clap: ) I shall keep you in mind.

Wrong assumption. The administration and members here have a more intimate relationship with Robert.

greg_r
Thanks for your reply.

Oh I take it quite personally - and I suspect so will my co-admin, Trailboss. If you're going to post this kind of thing here, you're going to get my assistance whether you like it or not.

I know you're frustrated and I sympathise, but calling 'scammer' whenever something like this happens is a seriously bad idea - it just pisses people off and places yet more obstacles in the way of resolving the situation. I am assuming here that what you want to do is get your watches and/or your money back rather than just make a big noise...

Give us a day or two - we will work with Robert to try and resolve this. I'll get back to you as soon as I have some news.

Member X
Wrong assumption. The administration and members here have a more intimate relationship with Robert.

I'm not sure I want to know :band: lol

[/spamming] :clap:

jmd33

@ the OP - you are posting this on RWI, here, and every other forum. If you put 1/2 the energy into resolving it with the trusted dealer you probably wouldn't have a problem in the first place.

mbjoer

Update:

I have now received a tracking no from Robert.

Hopefully the matter will be resolved now.

:clap:

Member X

Good good. Make sure you post on all the forums when you have resolution!

JohnG

PWC is no scammer but it is clear that he is somehow related to TTK.

sconehead

Hmmm, I've had nothing but good transactions with Robert, I'd love to hear his side. Probably a customs/shipping issue if he asked the op to pay EMS for a replacement. Where do you hail from mj?

JohnG

Alpha was the one who was bending everyone's arm to allow sales posts on the forum, HE is the one who should have to deal with these cases... where the hell is he???

onzenuub
Alpha was the one who was bending everyone's arm to allow sales posts on the forum, HE is the one who should have to deal with these cases... where the hell is he???

Yeah :irish_dance:;):band::rofl:

KBH

:band:

This problem had nothing to do with allowing sales posts here.

By the way, I've been having problems getting an answer from Robert's sales rep myself lately.......Going on 3 weeks and 2 e-mails. But that's another story. I have learned patience is a virtue! :clap:

andy66

as ive posted my opinions on other boards so im not going to go into it all again but two words.... BAIT,SCAM.... are out of order.it makes it sound like it was some kind of plan robert had to part you from your cash.your deal has gone pete tong but itll be sorted.

sconehead

:rofl:

I don't think he's related John...Robert always delivers in the end, the one-eyed fatman didn't...:band::clap:

JohnG

I don't think he's related John...Robert always delivers in the end, the one-eyed fatman didn't...:popcorn::lol:

Well he did until he didn't.

This thread hasn't been locked yet?

:popcorn: :popcorn:

onzenuub

I don't think he's related John...Robert always delivers in the end, the one-eyed fatman didn't...:popcorn::lol:

Well he did until he didn't.

This thread hasn't been locked yet?

:popcorn: :popcorn:

When I start posting oics about Jesse Jane it will. :irish_dance:

greg_r

Folks,

This situation seems to be one primarily of mis-communication and should now be on the way to a satisfactory conclusion. The OP has wisely decided not to add further fuel to the fire by posting anything more to this thread for now, but will let us know what happens. I'm sure it'll all be sorted in a few days. Let's wait and see.

John: what is this 'locked' you talk about? Don't think I've heard of that... :lol:

onzenuub
Folks,

This situation seems to be one primarily of mis-communication and should now be on the way to a satisfactory conclusion. The OP has wisely decided not to add further fuel to the fire by posting any further on the matter and will let us know what happens. I'm sure it'll all be sorted in a few days. Let's wait and see.

John: what is this 'locked' you talk about? Don't think I've heard of that... :lol:

Jameo is on the line waiting for the Jesse Jane pics

houndoggie
Folks,

This situation seems to be one primarily of mis-communication and should now be on the way to a satisfactory conclusion. The OP has wisely decided not to add further fuel to the fire by posting any further on the matter and will let us know what happens. I'm sure it'll all be sorted in a few days. Let's wait and see.

The RG thread got locked... usually if I, onze, and sfa have converged onto a thread, chaos ensues.

and Johng too.

onzenuub

And we where only discussing this:

4009441630_f60fb2fdbd_o.jpg

greg_r
Folks,

The RG thread got locked... usually if I, onze, and sfa have converged onto a thread, chaos ensues.

and Johng too.

Good job - RG could use a little chaos.

houndoggie
And we where only discussing this:

4009441630_f60fb2fdbd_o.jpg

This bares repeating.

JohnG
anisig.gif