Sign in to follow this  
onzenuub

the first wristwatch in the world with a three-dimensional dial

onzenuub

ALFEX Black Light 5624

Alfex presents the first wristwatch in the world with a three-dimensional dial. The markings are made of transparent sapphire glass, and the hands travel under the markings. The name Black Light describes the properties that make reading the time by night a sensational experience, thanks to the markings with Superluminova.

The name Black Light is an oxymoron, which, in rhetoric, means a formulation of two contrary concepts. This figure of speech is used only if the inner contradiction is intentional and serves to create an emphatic description of a multi-faceted content. The new design piece in the Alfex family is absolutely functional by day as well as by night. Its jet black dial spreads bright light, and its unique three-dimensional design allows the wearer to virtually immerse himself in the watch. The Black Light model is an absolute must for every design addict.

All Black Line models bear the Swiss-Made label, are constructed of anti-allergenic stainless steel with an ETA movement of precious stones. In addition, the case has an anti-reflexive sapphire glass and is waterproof to 5 ATM.

Black Line models are available in select stores in two versions: steel case with integrated black leather watchband, and case with black IP cover and integrated black leather watchband.

4009606038_e30c62bf82_b.jpg

greg_r

Gimmicky, but I kinda like it.

jameo210369

Very nice, how much Onze??

onzenuub
Very nice, how much Onze??

499 Euro.

jameo210369

Very nice watch and sure to be a talking point, nice addition to any collection.

houndoggie

Interesting...

I think I like it.. But It isn't revolutionary.

onzenuub
Interesting...

I think I like it.. But It isn't revolutionary.

No, it is three-dimensional, not revolutionary.

jameo210369

I have seen a few similar watches claiming to be 3 dimensional on ebay, but they where $30 pieces of junk

Member X

How is it any more 3-dimensional than other watches??

They're not all as flat as A4 paper lol

All they've done is move the markers above the hands rather than have the hands above the markers :Talking Ear Off:

And all that marketing spiel is a load of bollocks that's lots of big words to sound important and amazing!

Sorry, I'm not feeling very charitable today LoL

As a watch, I quite like it. As a marketing campaign, it blows!!

greg_r

hehe yeah - they need to understand the concept of '3-dimensional' a little better. Marketing... :Talking Ear Off: :handjob:

AustinTech

I like it, but there isn't anything new there - like others have already commented. But it isn't your everyday watch. And the price is reasonable for an ETA powered, AR coated, superlumed, PVD watch.

omni
I like it, but there isn't anything new there - like others have already commented.
I'll disagree, they've innovated something new to the "clean simple uncluttered dial design" without messing up that concept. That's partially why Panerai was such a hit. -_-

But it isn't your everyday watch. And the price is reasonable for an ETA powered, AR coated, superlumed, PVD watch.
Quite agree. :thumbsup:

As a watch, I quite like it. As a marketing campaign, it blows!!
I'll agree, I've read their "Design Addict" marketing, it sorta makes your eyes roll in the back of your head! :irish_dance:

Thanks Onze for showing us this watch.