Luthier

Breitling bracelet tutorial.

Xebryus

It doesn't say in this thread, but BE F*&%ING CAREFUL with those screws. They are tiny as hell, and definitely get some blue threadlock on them, because if you lose em, you won't find em.

Thanks for posting this up for me Luth yesterday. Appreciate the help as usual

How much for the watch? :giggle:

nunu78

Im demanding on behalf of all the noobs to made this post a STICKY .

BigBuys

It doesn't say in this thread, but BE F*&%ING CAREFUL with those screws. They are tiny as hell, and definitely get some blue threadlock on them, because if you lose em, you won't find em.

Thanks for posting this up for me Luth yesterday. Appreciate the help as usual

How much for the watch? :giggle:

FYI That would be Loctite 222 .

Baldrick

An old trick to avoid losing screws...!

Get an old sturdy shoe-box...........cut one long side down to about half-depth.....line it with foam....and hold the watch inside the shoe-box....if you drop a screw it shouldn't bounce outside the box.....easy to find :D

nunu78

Thanks Baldrick for an awesome tip.

Baldrick

Thanks Baldrick for an awesome tip.

My pleasure....I learned that at an early age.......my hands were made for holding champagne flutes and sifting £100 notes....not for picking up tiny screws and springs from the floor ;)

Xebryus

Thanks for the tip Baldrick. A work table seems so boorish now :D. I'll give this method a shot next time I have a tedious job to do

DR3M3L

How much for the watch?

:giggle:

Too big for your girl, joran.

:P

This one was going on my wrist, but I have to be careful though.. She 'accidently' wears my watches frequently. :giggle:

Luthier

Joran, it's 48mm and weight a ton.

:D

SSTEEL

Bookmarked for future reference, thanks Luthier for taking the time shooting those invaluable photos mate :)

Moriarty

My Navitimer by GF just arrived, and I'm having difficulty resizing the bracelet.  I've removed both screws, and expected the link to slide off, but it's not budging.  I've applied as much force as I dare, but no luck.  Is there some trick I'm missing?

Zb9S9n.jpg

black263

Holy fucking necropost batman.

BravoDelta

mket1.jpg

NCRich

gooner2826
6 hours ago, Moriarty said:

My Navitimer by GF just arrived, and I'm having difficulty resizing the bracelet.  I've removed both screws, and expected the link to slide off, but it's not budging.  I've applied as much force as I dare, but no luck.  Is there some trick I'm missing?

Zb9S9n.jpg

You’re still screwed in on the other side of the bracelet..... both sides need to be removed to allow the bar to be pulled out 

Moriarty
9 hours ago, gooner2826 said:

You’re still screwed in on the other side of the bracelet..... both sides need to be removed to allow the bar to be pulled out 

The other side is flat (like in the upper left corner of the above pic on the clasp).  Only the last pin has slots on both ends, and I was able to remove those without issue.

This is how I was expecting it to work:

Zbpw9v.jpg

I tried soaking in WD-40 overnight, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.

NCRich
21 minutes ago, Moriarty said:

The other side is flat (like in the upper left corner of the above pic on the clasp).  Only the last pin has slots on both ends, and I was able to remove those without issue.

This is how I was expecting it to work:

Zbpw9v.jpg

I tried soaking in WD-40 overnight, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.

I would ask the dealer I bought it from.  Failing that I would ask on RWI.  In general the membership over there is a bit smarter.

FunnyStarSystem

This necro scared the bejesus out of me, thinking Luthier was returning to enact his final vengeance upon us all!

33 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I would ask on RWI.  In general the membership over there is a bit smarter.

Dethspicable! :daffy:

fatarms

Did you push the rest of the pin out the other side?   After you unscrew the one side, there is a tube inside that needs to be pushed out the other side.  

NCRich
2 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Did you push the rest of the pin out the other side?   After you unscrew the one side, there is a tube inside that needs to be pushed out the other side.  

He said the other side was flat.

Glaude

Try a little bit of heat (not with a direct flame, rather a heat gun or hair dryer) if it fails, try with cold (stick it in the freezer for a bit).

Maybe worth a shot with stronger stuff than WD-40

Moriarty

I did try pushing from the unscrewed side with my pusher tool, but was concerned about messing up the threads.

But in any case, I used a lot more force and it finally popped off!  I wound up threading a section of coat hanger through the space on one side, and pulled the link off using my case opener (one of the flat pin inserts small enough to fit in the gap).  Two down, two to go.

• Like 1