Sign in to follow this  
cwazy1

HELP with bad dial LOGO

cwazy1

Okay so... My new rep that just came in has a part of the logo rubbed off. Its only the top left corner of the B on the BREITLING logo.

Picture1.jpg

Now I've been in contact with the supplier and they have said that it would be easiest to have a watch-smith do it here locally. They also said that they would compensate me for the cost of the job.

Now... I don't even know who would be willing to even work on replicas here in Seattle.

And also, is this a common job? and will a watch smith's work when touching up be exactly the same as the origional?

Also, would I be able to do it myself? And if so, what type of paint would I use, and would I have to cut out a stencil? and use that?

One more thing, how do I remove the push button chrono crowns in order to get the movement out??

Picture22.jpg

Thanks!

greg_r

I wouldn't expect a local watchsmith to fix a badly-printed dial, frankly.

Cyril_Clunge

Send it back for replacement/repair.

Which TD did you get it from?

ThinkBachs

Send it back for replacement/repair.

Which TD did you get it from?

+1

Yikes! Can't say as I've ever seen a problem like that before. Did that come from one of the forum's trusted dealers? Very surprising if it did.

cwazy1

It did not come from one of the TDs, I found this forum after I ordered the watch.

I think right now, I'm going to see if they will send me a new dial. If not I'll send it back. What form of shipping do people usually use to send packages back? usps priority? express?

HWG

If it was not a TD here, dont waste your cash sending it back. either enjoy it as it is, or chalk it up to a learning experience.

10:10 Watch Repair

if you can get a new dial, that's the only way.

happens all the time with reps and it's a bitch to get replacements.

cwazy1

Yeah, I'm waiting on them to get back to me for a new dial, otherwise, I'll tell them that it cost me 50$ to get the face repainted, and just have them compensate me for a shit dial. At least that way I have peace of mind :giggle:

P4GTR

How much did you pay for that?

Stick with the TD's here, much better quality. Don't sink anymore money into that one you have.

dalboy

I assume it did not cost big bucks ??? dont bother sending it back, it will only get lost, misplaced , or some other b/s if you can get them to send you a new dial fine do that. If not chalk it up to experience and move on. Now you are a member here you have learnt a valuable lesson stick to the T/Ds list and you will be fine

cwazy1

150 + ship :blowup: It wasn't very expensive, but indeed lesson learned. I got a sub from times shop and its definitely much better quality, and much cheaper too (75 on sale)

Edited by cwazy1

dalboy

150 + ship :blowup: It wasn't very expensive, but indeed lesson learned. I got a sub from times shop and its definitely much better quality, and much cheaper too (75 on sale)

Tell em bollocks,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cwazy1
:bollocks:

cwazy1

Okay so lets hypothetically say that they agree to send me a new dial. I've been reading tutorials on how to remove the movement, but nothing has come up regarding the push button chrono crowns? Do I have to move them somehow in order to get the movement out?

after you remove the stem and movement ring, the movement will drop out at a slight angle for the dial to clear the chrono pushers.

robznet

At $150 plus shipping it should have been better than it was, I would dig deep with your dealer for some solution on this. If they send you a dial you still need to fit it which will need hand pullers etc which you will need to purchase. Pity you didn't find us first mate. I wish you all the very best with this.

cwazy1

after you remove the stem and movement ring, the movement will drop out at a slight angle for the dial to clear the chrono pushers.

Is the movement ring the plastic ring that is holding the movement?

I know, It definitely was a little pricey... Hopefully they send me a new dial, and then give me ~20$ for the hand puller. That would honestly be the best case scenario.

yes, the white plastic ring.

cwazy1

Thanks for the info, unfortunately the dealer has not agreed to send me a new dial. They just want to give me a 15% refund. I guess I'll take it and buy from a TD next time, lol

Luthier

t's fantasy Breitling with 21j mov't, $25-$30 at GZ watch market. Sorry for your loss, buddy.