ks653

Why are Breguet reps not as popular?

Luthier

now that's a great looking Breguet

Thanks, Gunnar!!!

This dial has almost 3D effect, thanks for carbon fiber pattern. Here's few more pics:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

P1080117.jpg

RichardMiami

it measures approx. 38 x 43 x 10- head only, not crowns or pushers

ks653

now that's a great looking Breguet

Thanks, Gunnar!!!

This dial has almost 3D effect, thanks for carbon fiber pattern. Here's few more pics:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Stunning watch Luth.. is that a 7750 movement? What are the subdials at 3 & 6 for? I am guessing 9 is seconds...

Luthier

Thanks, mate!

It's quartz mov't, seconds @6.

43mm size, very well built watch.

RichardMiami

MODS - maybe we should move this to the Breguet Review forum???

sconehead

MODS - maybe we should move this to the Breguet Review forum???

Tssssssssssssssk....oke...:)

RichardMiami

Thank you!

mbjoer

To answer the OP's question, I think that there are a few good reasons:

One is that the Breguet brand is relatively small. There are not many shops carrying the Gens and not that many models.

Also they are very refined and expensive watches. The rep market is mostly for $100 watches (what we generally see here are the top end of the big market). A $100 rep of a $30,000 watch is mostly not good at all. Certainly the bulk of the Breguet reps are really bad.

Specific to RWG I think that the layout of the site has something to do with it as well. Where other rep sites have brand sections prominently placed, this one has only a review section, well down the list. And as we see with this thread, it is only a part-time review section. I suspect that quite a few occational visitors never get beyound the General Discussion.

Having said all that, there are a few good Breguet reps. I have two reviews for some that I can recommend, and the XX series has some pretty good versions as well. As to the tourbillon versions, they are kind of OK, but not as well made as Jaeger or Hublot.

If you have not already seen this, here is a thread from Repgeek you might be interested to read: http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=135880&highlight=breguet+appreciation

dingle

great link Mb :clap:

greg_r

Use this link instead - the post is more complete on RWI: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/breguet-appreciation-megathread-75886.html?p=740825#post740825

Having said that, the layout of the board is rather irrelevant - the simple fact is that Breguet reps are not big sellers - on ANY of the boards. As the youngest of the major boards, we have fewer reviews than elsewhere, but the same really applies all over.

RichardMiami

Very good link MB - I truly enjoyed that thread! Thank you for posting it!

mbjoer

.... the layout of the board is rather irrelevant - the simple fact is that Breguet reps are not big sellers - on ANY of the boards. As the youngest of the major boards, we have fewer reviews than elsewhere, but the same really applies all over.

Agree.

It is a small brand, and the comment about the layout of the board was a general one.

I think a re-arrangement would benefit this board, but that is for another thread......... ;)

Bosox

Use this link instead - the post is more complete on RWI: http://www.replica-w...0825#post740825

Having said that, the layout of the board is rather irrelevant - the simple fact is that Breguet reps are not big sellers - on ANY of the boards. As the youngest of the major boards, we have fewer reviews than elsewhere, but the same really applies all over.

I can tell you that the tonneau shown in this link is a beautiful watch. Two things work against it: its cost at over $800, its size at 53mm, and possibly the third problem: the need for the owner to be able to carry it off. I doubt that any of us will ever see the gen, even in a shop.

Krispee

i have two Breguet`s and i love them both. the Orbital isn`t like the original at all but the Chrono is not too far away and the movement is lovely. unfortunately the Orbital has been away for many weeks being repaired in China and is back now, just need to change the strap.

Chrono.

breguetchrono_3.jpg

breguetchrono_5.jpg

Orbital.

breguetorbital_1.jpg

there are some truly spectacular Breguet originals but as the others have said here the complexity is overwhelming for the replica manufacturers, probably always will be......

Kris

Edited by Krispee

SalMonella

Too bad. I am a Breguet man, at least in my heart. They are super classy, and not many watches say solid, expensive and class like the Breguet, aside from their undeniable quality. But even on mainstream watch sites, many either have no Breguets or only a few.

Not everybody can carry off the tourbies and tonneau, maybe not even the classique. People might not pay much attention to what's on your wrist, but they WILL look at a Breguet.

SalMonella

Actually, anyone running from the law should hide out on this Breguet forum. He'd never be found, for sure.

SalMonella

But I should have added (sorry, guys) that at least you HAVE a Breguet board.

Luthier

We have eeeevrythiiing!!!

:D

adamm19830

Yes- same watch, both copy mov'ts. Here's the RG Datograph very nice repDSCN0081.jpg

There are some Brequet chronos out with same mov't, not as good reps IMO

Where do i get one of these????? Beautiful.

Kleen™

Breguet is a stealth brand. Extremely innovative, but undeservedly not that well-known...

OmegaOverlord

IMG_6558.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_5035.jpg

IMG_6600.jpg

that breguet chono sport looks awesome where did you get it ?

VMSG
On 3/12/2012 at 15:49, greg_r said:

The biggest problem is that, for whatever reason, there are relatively few decent Breguet reps around. You can say the same for Patek, Lange, VC, JLC and others, too...

When you look at Breguet's high-end stuff, you have to bear in mind that there's a limited range of movements available to rep makers and in many cases what's available simply doesn't have the functionality to replicate some of the high-end gens. I'd love a good Lange 1 rep, for instance, but it's just not going to happen.

The other factor is, for better or worse, the average buyer of a replica watch starts out looking for a Rolex and then moves on to a fairly predictable range of dive and general sport watches. Dress watches, for some reason, just don't seem to be as popular.

I've owned a rep Breguet, but it was just a 21j-powered cheapie and I was never terribly satisfied with it, so moved it on. These days there are a small range of models available - some tourbys (which are lovely watches, but not really much like the gen as the tourby movements used are of rather different appearance and configuration than the ones made by Breguet themselves) along with the Aeronavale range, some of the Classiques and one or two others. Most aren't really that close to the gen and whilst there's some pretty watches amongst them, there's little that is that inspiring tbh.

To see what's around, take a look at Josh's site: http://www.1-pc8838....?page=1&sort=2a (you will probably have to click that link a second time to get to the actual page).

@greg_r six years later - do you still find this true? or there are better Breguet reps now?

greg_r
2 hours ago, omrivm said:

@greg_r six years later - do you still find this true? or there are better Breguet reps now?

There's still only a relatively small range, but we've certainly seen some higher-quality reps of late.

Alfry1951
I sold this one some time ago as it was too small for my taste, but it was a a stunner....

Greg just posted a link ( you have to click the link twice). I sent a pic of that watch to Mary and ordered from her. The Strap was ordered seperate as the bracelet that comes with it is hideous.

4919246791_ed598bbf20_z.jpg

Hi. Where did u buy it?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

FunnyStarSystem

I would mock him for the ridiculous necro posting, but it's nice to read and remember Gary. And whatever happened to Luthier?!?

• Like 1