Sign in to follow this  
Massimo

If you could only keep one watch, which would it be?

Massimo

Just for fun, imagine you were going to have to wear one watch from your collection for, oh I don't know, say a whole year. Which would it be, and why? Pics too for preference :)

For me, I'd keep the Sea Dweller because I love the way it looks and it has some practical use too: I use the bezel to time eggs and such like rather than dives, but still useful. Since we're just having fun, I'm pretending this one is water resistant too. It isn't of course, but if I was to wear it for ever more I would get that sorted. I get frustrated when I wear a watch without a date too, so for me that's a long term essential.

At least that's what I say today. No doubt next week it would be different...

SSD_2.jpg

AllergyDoc

Always a good question in that it refocuses a collector on what he or she values most in their watches.

I would have to say the WM9 Sub, for most of the same reasons you have for choosing your SeaDweller.

3499947618_d020284f90_o.jpg

This one can be taken swimming and also looks good with a suit. I think they work in any environment.

oscarmadfish

if i could only keep one it would be this one

rolex are doing well in this thread lol

IMG_0352.jpg

SliceMaster

This would be my choice: Rolex GMT-Master Vintage with a flat gen. crystal (fixed by Rolexaddict )

vintagewristies002.jpg

Edited by SliceMaster

greg_r

Just to balance out the Roliies (although I'll admit I like my DSSD a lot), guess which one I'd be wearing for that year... ;) (yes, I know I'm predictable :beer2:)

127_U_shark.JPG

Massimo

Very good showing by Rolex there and I'm loving all those. The GMT looks great on the Jubilee bracelet and I'm starting to think that one of everything WM9 does would be ideal, that Sub is superb. Still coming around to the Deep Sea, but I expect to get there in time. No surprise with Greg's choice!

Having started this thread it had to be the SD on the wrist today of course :bitch:

KBH

If I had to wear one for a year it would be Sea Dweller (gen insert and pearl :bitch: )

SSDPearl.jpg

If I could only keep one it would be:

DSCN2642.jpg

These two! :P

Member X

No pics as I haven't got time to find any and I also haven't got any myself :lol: lol, but I'd have a SS B&R BR01-92 - dress it up, dress it down, looks nice and chunky and makes a statement but doesn't shout "look at me, I'm rich" :)

This may change when my WM9 SD arrives but that will be a while yet... lol

NFleischer

DSC00196.jpg

that would be very hard for me- jejeje

AllergyDoc

Where's the two-thirds of your collection, Noel? :lol:

NFleischer

DSC00195.jpg

those are the reps only doc- plus some more since that pic was taken!

Here are (most of) the gens.

Edited by NFleischer