Sign in to follow this  
NBJeeper

How to set date on 21J ?

NBJeeper

Just got my first rep. 2 actually. Both are 21J. A cheapie Omega SMP which I set the date on without any problem. The second is a PAM090. I assumed I just pulled the crown out one step and turned it towards me as I did on the SMP but it only seems to move one step which changes the time. I've tried not pulling it out and turning it but that doesn't seem to do anything when turning toward me and winds it away. Any ideas? Sorry if this has been covered before. I tried a search but didn't come up with anything relevant.

I know someone will say this post is useless without pics so here you go.

006.JPG

Crusader

Interesting.... there are usually 2 positions, one pull is date set and 2nd is time. Maybe you forced it too much and you didn't hear the first click?

NBJeeper

I'm going by feel more than sound and trying to pull lightly. There just dosen't seem to be a click between none and changing the time.

NCRich

Does it have a pusher?

Crusader

That's weird, never heard of that before. You can always move the hands forward to set the date, if you won't resolve this issue.

Watch works ok, no problems with it?

Frankt8242

There is a "dimple" at the 8:00 position on the case side....use a sharp instrument like a toothpick and push it you'll be AMAZED!!... :giggle:

And BTW the movement in that watch is almost certainly a Seagull ST25-30, a very high grade Asian movement with 25 jewels in the base movement, and reportedly another 10 jewels in the power reserve module....It should serve you long and well!!

Dr Yan

Great answer Frank, fair play to ya!

digger2

Great movement it is and good power reserve also.

NBJeeper

There is a "dimple" at the 8:00 position on the case side....use a sharp instrument like a toothpick and push it you'll be AMAZED!!... :giggle:

And BTW the movement in that watch is almost certainly a Seagull ST25-30, a very high grade Asian movement with 25 jewels in the base movement, and reportedly another 10 jewels in the power reserve module....It should serve you long and well!!

Perfect..that did the trick. Thanks for the help. I assumed the movement was 21j casue it was $80 and just advertised as Asian movement. I asked which asian movement but never got the answer.

Dr Yan

Hey NB, where did you buy it from?

digger2

Perfect..that did the trick. Thanks for the help. I assumed the movement was 21j casue it was $80 and just advertised as Asian movement. I asked which asian movement but never got the answer.

That was pretty cheap, my cheapest was 55 USD in Beijing (with metal band)

Frankt8242

Bear in mind that drop shippers never handle these watches...They usually have very little hands on knowledge about the movements....

It has always been a mystery to me as to why these 090 reps, which are very well built, are sold so cheaply...I have owned one for @ 5 years now and it's been a great performer always!!

Luthier

It's, actually Seagull 20/30 mov't, 23 jewels in total. It's designed with PR indicator, so, no any extra jewels for it there.