Sign in to follow this  
KBH

Molnia stems?

KBH

Any of you guys that are playing with Molnia, Moljina, Molhina movements, or whatever they are, know where to get a couple of stems.

My first try with one of these and I can't get the damn stem out of the crown. But, it looks like it will be too short anyways.

10:10 Watch Repair
Any of you guys that are playing with Molnia, Moljina, Molhina movements, or whatever they are, know where to get a couple of stems.

My first try with one of these and I can't get the damn stem out of the crown. But, it looks like it will be too short anyways.

They're available through horological supply with Bestfit. Ofrei, Cousins, etc.

KBH

Problem solved.

The last Molnia 3601 pocket watch that I just received today, I asked the guy if he had any spare stems. He surprised me and shipped the watch with 3 extra at no charge.

BTW, tried Ofrei and they didn't have any. Cousins will only ship to US with tracking so small items get very expensive.

PatronSaintofChainsaws

I've heard that 6497 stems can be modified to work. I just picked up six extras last week, and I ruined one last night attempting the mod (I took a little too much material off), so I'll let you know how it goes once I ruin the remaining five.

10:10 Watch Repair
I've heard that 6497 stems can be modified to work. I just picked up six extras last week, and I ruined one last night attempting the mod (I took a little too much material off), so I'll let you know how it goes once I ruin the remaining five.

You might be able to file one but it's best to have a lathe for that sort of work. Henry Freid has a chapter on it in his book.

trailboss99

With any luck the RWG Shop will soon have single stems for sale and I'll just ship 'en in an envelope at letter rates so no worries there. We allrealy have asortments available for Rolex, Miota, Seiko etc if anyone is intersted.

Col.

offshore
With any luck the RWG Shop will soon have single stems for sale and I'll just ship 'en in an envelope at letter rates so no worries there. We allrealy have asortments available for Rolex, Miyota, Seiko etc if anyone is intersted.

Col.

And Ronda & ETA, are now in stock also!