Sign in to follow this  
Jan-mj

New guy in the forums

Jan-mj

Hi everyone,

My name is Jan, I live in Austria and I, like probably all of you guys, am a huge fan of luxury watches.

I joned the forums so i can learn more about how the replicas really work ( the difference about the movements) and also to see if maybe someone can share their insight and experience about a thing or two.

I'm not entirely sure where i can post my questions (seems like i have a ton of them) or if this is the right thread - i'm really new at this.

3 weeks ago i bought my first replica watch (an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean in black with a leather strap) from a website that refered me to this forum. I bought it for about 140 dollars with an Asian Automatic 21J movement. The dealer recomended that i should get it with an Asian Valjoux movement but i didn't want to because i heard about a lot of problems with them regarding date change and adjusting the time. So after 19 days of waiting i finally recieved my wach (wich i am using right now) and i'm happy with it - but there are a few things that i would like to get off my chest / ask you guys about.

1) Do all replica watches in general have a loud rotor (mine does)? Is the rotor wit an ETA movement more quiet and reliable?

2) Does anyone know where to get a replica that is waterproof? I mean like really waterproof? I'm used to wear my watch for everything - including shower and swimming pool (i didn't take off my last watch for a 2 year period) and my last watch had a 100m / 10 atm waterproofing and it did only cost about 200 dollars, so i guess this should be possible somehow, am i right? Even if i ask the dealers via email thei never give me a straight answer about this (also i didn't find anything here - then again, i'm also not so good a screening the forum)

Over all i'm very satisfied with my watch, i just think there is still some room to improve.

Thanks for your time and again, i hope i'm posting this in the right place

Crusader

21j movements tend to be a bit louder and less accurate then eta clones, but you can't be 100 % sure, it really depends on a watch itself. If you chose right dealer, you shouldn't have any problems.

Some watches are waterproof straight from the factory, but you shouldn't be testing it by jumping in the water, you can easily damage it that way. It could be waterproffed by modder.

Hallo aus Slowenien and welcome :)

Member X

Firstly, :ttiwwop:

For the rest of your questions:

- the movements guide is linked to in my signature,

- rotors seem to vary between silent and a bit noisy - I'm not sure there is a quick and easy solution!

- you will have to speak to one of the modders on here about getting it waterproofed properly, or you could try it yourself then find a local watchsmith with a proper tester to test your work. Generally speaking, I do not trust a replica as waterproof, and I would not bother spending the $50 (or whatever) that the dealers charge because you can't guarantee the work.

Welcome to the board :)

myaz

Welcome to this forum. There are many "free thinking" members here so take it all in good spirit.

1) not all reps have loud rotors. 21J is a generally hit and miss, fairly reliable entry level movement, cheaper to replace than to repair. look at the thread on movements to get a basic idea. look here

2) you can't get a straight answer on water proofing resistance because there's no quality control. You can test one or have it tested by some dealers such as Mary at WatchInternational. If needed, It can be accomplished by greasing the seals. Some models with screwdown crowns are inherently better at being water resistant. I bought one recently that passed 3 ATM.

Good luck and read a lot more here.

Jan-mj

Vielen Dank, Crusader!

It's s quite clear that i'm not going to jump with my watch into the pool to find out. The Dealer said that i can get it up to 50m waterproofing, but when i ask if i can swim with it or take a shower with it he evades the question.

Does anyone know a dealer that would sell me a replica Rolex or an Omega that i can go swimming with or take a shower with? Even if it costs me waay more, is it possible to get one up to 10 atm waterproof?

I mentioned Rolex and Omega because they have diver's watches so it should be possible. I believe that waterproofing a Breitling navitimer must be quite impossible :)

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse. Be sure to read the newbie link in my signature :)

Jan-mj

Thanks everyone for your quick answers - i guess i have some reading to do :)

Nisv

Hi Jan, welcome :)

jeffw69

Hi Jan, welcome.

To be safe, have your watch tested for water resistance when you get it.

Jan-mj

So after extensive reading today i still wasn't able to get that one thing i had on my mind:

Does anyone know where to get a rep that is fully waterproof ( about 10 atm) so that i can swim with it? Or who do i have to contact to get that kind of service done/ is it even possible to this extend?

I would also like to point out that i live in europe so buying/ sending a watch to/ from the U.S and other countries can prove quite difficult due to customs.

Anyone in europe performing these services/ selling completely submergeable watches?

I hope i don't sound too demanding or anything - i just want some help with this

Thanks in advance

robznet

Hello Jan...........................Nuthouse.jpg

onionbag

Hello and welcome.

I think the answer to your question is this, no replica watch is guaranteed waterproof. If you want a waterproof watch, buy a rep, waterproof it yourself, and have it tested.

Alternatively, buy a watch that's fit for purpose......a gen.

dingle

So after extensive reading today i still wasn't able to get that one thing i had on my mind:

Does anyone know where to get a rep that is fully waterproof ( about 10 atm) so that i can swim with it? Or who do i have to contact to get that kind of service done/ is it even possible to this extend?

I would also like to point out that i live in europe so buying/ sending a watch to/ from the U.S and other countries can prove quite difficult due to customs.

Anyone in europe performing these services/ selling completely submergeable watches?

I hope i don't sound too demanding or anything - i just want some help with this

Thanks in advance

the waterproofing will be an after service. Wiz may be able to help you out. :)

Crusader

To be honest, I would buy Seiko or some similar watch for swimming purposes, it's more durable. Rep could be water resistant, but it has to be done after you buy it, by a modder.

For the beggining, I suggest you contact Narikaa and check if he has any watch you might like. Then you can have it moded.

Jan-mj

Sound great guys, i learned today much,much more than random googling the topic in 3 months! Also, i really appreciate that everyone has actual solutions to these sorts of problems.

You guys are the best!

jeffw69

Cheers Jan, and welcome!

bronco bullit

welcome aboard