Sign in to follow this  
Massimo

Is this movement new?

Massimo

I was looking at the other new stuff on Josh's site after reading AllergyDoc's post about the vintage Seamaster, and spotted this "Nickle Plated Asian Clone (Rolex 3186) Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph". I haven't heard of it before, is it new?

14.jpg

Presumably it's a copy of this:

3186d.jpg

(Wow, that's pretty)

Here's a watch that contains it:

http://www.jpc8118.com/0000000000rlgs00088...als-p-7669.html

trailboss99

No, it's not. It's a dressed up ETA clone.

Just Jandrew making a big fuss about very little. No difference to the normal clone execpt the look and since it's a closed bach watch . . .

Col.

Massimo

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. :headdesk: I'd rather they'd left it alone really, like you say, it isn't on display after all.

JoeyB
No, it's not. It's a dressed up ETA clone.

Just Jandrew making a big fuss about very little. No difference to the normal clone execpt the look and since it's a closed bach watch . . .

Col.

So, would anyone else have this at a better price? Or is it 'closed batch' exclusive to Joshua?

AllergyDoc

Josh's site says it's exclusive to them/him. But who really knows for sure?

jameo210369

Are they not allowed to import the Tissot automatic movements anymore, I can remember reading about 18 months ago that China was hoping to ban these imports.

Novesh

Its a dressed up asian 21j you find in the $100 reps...its just dressed up slightly.

JoeyB
Its a dressed up asian 21j you find in the $100 reps...its just dressed up slightly.

I don't think so. It's the higher beat. It could be the asian ETA 2836-2 as Col. said and dressed up a bit. Either way at $130 more that's not worth it. I was hoping for the money there would be more to it.

PatronSaintofChainsaws

I don't think so. It's the higher beat. It could be the asian ETA 2836-2 as Col. said and dressed up a bit. Either way at $130 more that's not worth it. I was hoping for the money there would be more to it.

That is not a 2836. It looks like the Sea-Gull automatic movement that's started showing up in some of the $120 or so homages recently (just with some extra engravings and a different rotor).

Novesh

I just looked in one of my 3 year old a21j reps with a power reserve function, its the same movement...

JoeyB

This is a genuine Caliber 3186.

3186e.jpg

Jandrew:

07ecf6fd0c8961f3192c3da27bd80a44.image.750x498.jpg

Genuine:

3186d.jpg

Jandrew:

5c01a4164c8f0bbc150cfc4ebd1a0a0f.image.750x498.jpg7749e500aecfad658c175dff4d1ba047.image.750x498.jpg

For that much extra in price shouldn't it be much better?

JoeyB

I just looked in one of my 3 year old a21j reps with a power reserve function, its the same movement...

I tried to find pics of the 21j but came up short. But this doesn't look anything like the 21j in my DSSD. Were they different 3 years ago?

Novesh

I tried to find pics of the 21j but came up short. But this doesn't look anything like the 21j in my DSSD. Were they different 3 years ago?

good question, I have to find my old old old pix and check

trailboss99

There is no one "21J" these things are made by a dozen companys in CN and vary greatly. The best are made by Sea-Gull and the HZ watch company and a cpl of others. They range from those down to the one in my 1016 which is vastly more primative (as I expect in a $69 rep).

There is a lot of debate ATM over exactly what this MVT is and untill someone like Ziggy, Francisco or Fakey gets his hands on one it could be anything IMO. I have a good idea where these proberly are coming from and you never know, they just may be obtainable, def no promises tho. Any real intrest? And I meen REAL intrest, not just a handfull. This meens you guys, Robert, Tat, Fakey etc.

Col.

RolexAddict

Its a 2836, swiss/chinese -call it as you like, just a regular 2836 with automatic module colored gears, Rolex gold stamps, a new rotor design and a new balance bridge design. That's all. No mystic.

Initially, its the ProWatch-Polo company who started to sell this product, somebody else made the improvements adding a new balance bridge like on this Rolexized 2836

here : http://www.prowatch-polo.com/showpic.asp?ArticleID=802

I you observe a regular 2836, you notice the train wheel bridge design is exactly the same as on this faux Rolex movement. It means you can adapt a 2 arms balance bridge without any mod. For this, the balance bridge second arm srew could be a faux screw, or, if the screw is real and screwed, the only difficult consisted to drill a new hole.... very simple mod,

Its just a new way to sell more stuff and automatically make more money. But i prefer this way than this one who consist to say there are swiss and chinese eta... and allow to sell for more $$$ an eta, telling is swiss.

Just think a little about this.

This movement is a simple 2836, nothing else.

Edited by RolexAddict

AllergyDoc
Its just a new way to sell more stuff and automatically make more money.

+1

Good enough for me.

Luthier

Asian 2836-2 clone, nickel plated. Period.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
Asian 2836-2 clone, nickel plated. Period.

Ka-ching, I take back my previous statement now that I've seen more pics of it. Looks 2836-ish after all.

trailboss99

More LWLs then.

3816 clone my ass!

Col.

Luthier
More LWLs then.

3816 clone my ass!

Col.

:D:irish_dance::irish_dance: