Sign in to follow this  
Novesh

Zenith Defy + Cartel Big Egi

Novesh

Didn't find a general "eye candy" section so guess this will have to do...enjoy ;)

just some quicky shots

IMG_1280_positiveAnd2more.jpg

IMG_1281_positiveAnd2more.jpg

IMG_1282_positiveAnd2more.jpg

IMG_1283_positiveAnd2more.jpg

IMG_1284_positiveAnd2more.jpg

IMG_1285_positiveAnd2more.jpg

IMG_1286_positiveAnd2more.jpg

IMG_1287_positiveAnd2more.jpg

IMG_1288_original.jpg

IMG_1288_positiveAnd2more.jpg

IMG_1289_original.jpg

IMG_1290_original.jpg

IMG_1291_original.jpg

IMG_1292_original.jpg

jameo210369

Great pics Novesh, 60mm Radiomir is too big for my wrists. I love the Zenith but the cheapest I have found is around $490

greg_r

Look great! As I mentioned, I have a Big Egi on the way - although I went for the 'vintage' version rather than the standard one.

I keep looking at the defy - still not quite made up my mind whether it's my kinda thing or not ;)

jameo210369

Greg the white dial Zenith Defy is stunning, I want one so bad.

Hopefully I will get Sharon to buy me one.

Luthier
Great pics Novesh, 60mm Radiomir is too big for my wrists. I love the Zenith but the cheapest I have found is around $490

You searching in wrong places, Jameo.

Nice Zenith, if it wouldn't be PVD - would be even better. Serious watch.

Novesh

yea it wasn't cheap, but I don't care, the watch is aweessommmmeeeee.

though the bracelet is a lot of work to be done (maybe i'll just buy a gen bracelet). The watch though is superb quality.

The big egi my wife looked at it and laughed...haha

Novesh

You searching in wrong places, Jameo.

Nice Zenith, if it wouldn't be PVD - would be even better. Serious watch.

I actually like it more in PVD, the SS version is just too..."blah" if you get what I mean...I tried on both the gens and WOW, these watches are awesome.

jameo210369

Not sure what version Greg has ordered but at 60 mm that is a lot of stainless steel.

Where did you get the Zenith Defy Novesh??

jameo210369

Yes Doc, I saw her the other day, she is stunning but still to big for my wrist.

Luthier I know you can get the Zenith Defy for $380 from trusty time but I am after the Defy Extreme DLC all the sites I have checked list her around $490.

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=4643

House of souvenirs have it for $448, they look the same not to sure about the chrono spacing

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/zenith/zenithswiss_012.htm

AllergyDoc

mm167photo7.jpg

;)

You guys gotta post wrist shots. But not if your wrist is less than 7.5" (21-22 cm) because I might laugh myself to death.

jameo210369

I'm a big man Doc, just short of 6ft and 15 stone but 60mm is still big even on my wrists.

Are you the Hulk in disguise Doc??

AllergyDoc

I'm 6'5" but my wrist is 22cm; way too small for that behemoth. I'm wearing my 49mm Big Bang King today and it's plenty big.

jameo210369

Your 6' 5" Doc, I agree with everything the Doc says from now on.

greg_r
mm167photo7.jpg

;)

You guys gotta post wrist shots. But not if your wrist is less than 7.5" (21-22 cm) because I might laugh myself to death.

LOL - I will. I have a 7.5" wrist, but I suspect it's gonna be way too big. Gotta try it, though - just love the look of the thing. If it doesn't get worn I can either turn it into a table clock or sell it on.

Novesh

The big egi is plenty big, I don't know how much of wrist-time it will see, but I am sure I'll wear it a little bit.

The zenith though...I am really loving it.

sfa437

I'm 6'6" and 250-260 pounds with 7 3/4" and I think I'm gonna be pushing the limits on watch size with the 60mm.

When I take my pics I'll be wearing my flight suit and Nomex gloves with the Egi OVER all that ;)

Member X

I really do think the Egi is just toooo big for daily wear or to be taken seriously. If it looks big on Sly Stallone (who's been pic'd on here with one on) then it's too big for us mere mortals! lol

WhyTF did the Egyptian Navy (or whoever it was) get it commissioned so big??

Random...

The Zenith looks good quality but I'm sorry, I still don't 'get' it. I just don't think they're a particularly attractive watch, and especially not at that price!

Sorry ;)

Novesh
I'm 6'6" and 250-260 pounds with 7 3/4" and I think I'm gonna be pushing the limits on watch size with the 60mm.

When I take my pics I'll be wearing my flight suit and Nomex gloves with the Egi OVER all that ;)

hmmm not a bad idea, would look great if you got your full kit on...hmmm

Novesh
The Zenith looks good quality but I'm sorry, I still don't 'get' it. I just don't think they're a particularly attractive watch, and especially not at that price!

Sorry ;)

I don't think most people will "get it" but I am fine with that.

Its the old stance on watches, I mean look at rolex, it took them almost a decade to make a watch that's bigger than 43mm...that says something about people and their tastes...

Luthier

I'm 6'2", 192 lbs, 8" wrist, and my favorite size of watch is 43-45mm.

Dove can ask for other dimensions...

:)

phaedo
WhyTF did the Egyptian Navy (or whoever it was) get it commissioned so big??

Would assume it is because they wear them over the diving suit, so something that size isn't really that big when your 'wrist' is 9 inches thick.

AllergyDoc
I'm 6'2", 192 lbs, 8" wrist, and my favorite size of watch is 43-45mm.

Dove can ask for other dimensions...

:D

You've already given her that other dimension:

43-45mm

:)

Dreadnought

I think people are forgetting something here;

The ol' $380 Defy was the PVD-coated 21.6 bph version with incorrect spacing and wasn't known for any accuracy whatsoever (Look at where it says "For X treme Condition Use")...the new one is titanium (!), DLC coated (!!), with a 28.8k bph 7750 with way better spacing of the turbines (helical disks). The way it should have been made.

If you get one of these for less than 450 bucks, you're gettin' a steal.

Luthier: All the Defy Xtreme Chronograph's cases were Black Titanium, with the exception of 2 versions of the Defy Xtreme Stealth series: the basic Stealth and the Stealth Grande had the bare titanium versions, on top of the black ones...