Sign in to follow this  
DFH

Personal "Grail" project with DSN...

DFH

It has been decided - going with a 47mm 3646 Radiomir fixed lug case / OP Brevettato display caseback/ Moljina-Rolex 2 hand movement / PAM 232 dial / Brevet cross crown/ Sapphire crystal with colorless AR/ Vintage gold hands/ Superlumed dial and hands / 2 Vintage style open end straps in Black and Brown with GPF Mod Dep buckles....

Should have QC pics next week - and will definitely post....

str8

Hi Den, nice work ... vintage is getting to me too and started to googling at pics. Looking at a 6154 like what Amuthon has and shot David an email. Update and post pics ya, whatever you have ... looking forward and don't mind me sharing your joy :)

DFH

Hey D!

That's what this place is all about! The joy, the pain, the disappointments, the great finds. the rip offs, the noobs, the know it alls ... and the pics!!!!

should have QC pics by Tuesday! very excited about this one.....

Luthier

Glad you sorted everything out, Dennis.

Now - most painful - waiting time...

;)

DFH

Looks like DSN moves fast - he has the parts, will send QC pics early next week and I have heard he gets things out quick! I have read numerous posts about lightning fast EMS deliveries from him across the globe. "The waiting - is the hardest part...." (T. Petty rules, by the way...)

Luthier

I'll shoot him an email - I need seconds hand, don't know, why, but only two hands make me sad... So, I'll ask, how soon he'll get proper Molnija.

:)

BVB09

nice piece, Жора привет

DFH

UPDATE!!

Here is the first set of QC pics I received from DSN this morning. So far so good - only real issues at this point are changing the Rolex/Brevet crown to the Brevet/Swiss Cross crown as requested - and getting a good lume shot with no additional lighting to cross-check the lume on the dial with the lume on the hands. Will post the next set of pics later with open end straps/GPF buckles mounted, the new lume shot and of course, the correct crown in place. Wish I could get pics to show the detail of the tobacco dial, but we all know how hard that is to capture... Nice blend of vintage/new don't ya think? Would love your thoughts...

newbuild1.jpg

newbuild4.jpg

newbuild3.jpg

newbuild5.jpg

newbuild2.jpg

newbuild6.jpg

DFH

UPDATE! Crown fixed - replace with Brevet/Swiss Cross crown...

crown1.jpg

crown2.jpg

Luthier

Beauty, Dennis!!!

DFH

Beauty, Dennis!!!

Thanks G !!! Just got the lume shot - looks great and the watch is now 100% approved and wil be shipped out today. Now the fun part.... waiting! DSN did a great job, excellent communication and fast build. Will post shots of it mounted on the 3 straps and GPF buckles when I receive it! Thanks for your help and counsel on this, G - much appreciated!

lume.jpg

lume2.jpg

DFH

nice piece, Жора привет

Thanks - now let's see how long I have to wait for it to arrive! :coffee2:

str8

That's a beauty, D ... me too love the look of 'clean' vintage. Don't forget the wrist shots ... :)

DFH

Thanks, D! Very happy with how it turned out. Should have it in my habds in a week or so - will definitely post photos/wristies when I get it!

Now, if only my preordered 243 from Toro would show up - he is still waiting for the new batch to arrive - it's been weeks...

Luthier

Dennis, little advice, if you didn't cover it already - be very careful with choosing the strap - it should be "Bingo!" right away, changing the strap on this beast is a nightmare.

So, ask David to show you a few, and choose one.

Good luck, mate, we all envy you.

DFH

Dennis, little advice, if you didn't cover it already - be very careful with choosing the strap - it should be "Bingo!" right away, changing the strap on this beast is a nightmare.

So, ask David to show you a few, and choose one.

Good luck, mate, we all envy you.

Thanks G! I studied up on this a bit, and ordered Open Ended Straps for this one! They fold over the lugs and are put together by clips (I did not like the traditional pilot style with the snap/buttons). Got them in Black, Brown and Tan from DSN. I will have a really beat up vintage style open end strap made as well - will design it as soon as I see the watch in person. here is the black version from DSN so you can see how it works - makes the fixed lug issue a breeze to deal with!

NEW-6.jpg

NEW-7.jpg