Sign in to follow this  
machiavegli

Final resolution: Can Omega have Happy Feet? Answer: YES [PIC HEAVY]

machiavegli

Hi team,

There have been a few topics related to "Happy Feet". I would like to lay for rest forever whether or not the gen can have Omega symbols with "happy feet" (for font junkies, upturned finial at the tips if the serif).

Like: http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=22808

And: http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=23813

I checked all 5 on my gen from an AD, and yes they can. I've included pics of the box, warranty cards, etc. The only omega without obvious HF is the case back which is almost too small to be sure.

Do ALL gens have happy feet? I'd guess not, logos change, right. But the answer to do some have them is "YES"!

--Mach

1333954633.jpg

1333954574.jpg

1333954772.jpg

1333955163.jpg

1333955234.jpg

1333955881.jpg

1333955804.jpg

1333955725.jpg

onionbag

I say just three words to you....applied metal logos.

You should factor those in, they should never have them, only printed logos can have 'happy feet'.

Chiquita Fanjita

You should factor those in, they should never have them, only printed logos can have 'happy feet'.

+1

Tbh happy feet don't really bother me, unless it is an expensive rep I'm buying.

Arism
...applied metal logos.

Yup, the basic rule of thumb(or as far as I understand) is if the logo is printed; there will be happy feet. The applied metal logos will have straight flat feet.

machiavegli

Really, I know these are sh***y iPhone pics, but ever logo, printed, applied, and engraved on the watch and all it's documentation have happy feet, as you should be able to see. It's a pretty simple case of a dumb misconception spread through the rep boards, and I'm only trying to help, boys.

Once again, if your Omega has printed OR applied metal happy feet, lose no more sleep :)

-Mach

Ganman

^^ Yeah, I was just visiting the omega website and realised the logo on the website actually has "happy feet", so there must be some, maybe older, gens that have the happy feet.

onionbag

Once again, if your Omega has printed OR applied metal happy feet, lose no more sleep :)

-Mach

Applied logos do not have happy feet. http://www.omegawatc...-ocean/22015000

But of course we are all free to fret, or not, over little inaccuracies. ;)

powderfreak

Funny how every once in a while this topic pops up, and every time it takes a few posts to clear the whole thing up:

YES, "happy feet" are what you see on 90% of the logos - because they are part of the "regular" logo.

NO, on applied metal logos they are NOT right! Dunno why Omega did this, but the applied logos don't have feet.

Well, that is your opinion and I have to disagree. IMO happy feet on the wrong models just suck and think they are a very obvious flaw.

In the end it is the same with happy feet, crystal height, lume, bracelets.... some stuff does matter to you, others doesn't.

If folks spend hundrets of dollars for lume and other mods it is accepted, but if we talk about happy feet 90% of the members

tell you "they don't matter, don't be a pussy" - I find that very strange, because a flawed logo is just as obvious as a bad pearl....

Cyril_Clunge

Even worse is the POs with the PROFESSIOAL spelling :D

machiavegli
Funny how every once in a while this topic pops up, and every time it takes a few posts to clear the whole thing up:

YES, "happy feet" are what you see on 90% of the logos - because they are part of the "regular" logo.

NO, on applied metal logos they are NOT right! Dunno why Omega did this, but the applied logos don't have feet.

Well, that is your opinion and I have to disagree. IMO happy feet on the wrong models just suck and think they are a very obvious flaw.

In the end it is the same with happy feet, crystal height, lume, bracelets.... some stuff does matter to you, others doesn't.

If folks spend hundrets of dollars for lume and other mods it is accepted, but if we talk about happy feet 90% of the members

tell you "they don't matter, don't be a pussy" - I find that very strange, because a flawed logo is just as obvious as a bad pearl....

Powder,

I think we're discussing different things. I totally agree with you that getting the logo right is important and right up there with lume, flawed pearls and all the other stuff we all obsess over. It's important that you get the correct omega logo that matches the Omega gen. It is TRUE that in the current 2012 Omega product line the applied metal logos have "flat feet".

I was making a much smaller point:

-In some Omega gens in some previous years, the applied metal Omega logo had "happy feet".

-In particular, the gen blue dial Omega Professional made just prior to the 007 limited edition, had "happy feet" applied logo (see pics above)

-Therefore "happy feet" are correct on some rep models, particularly reps of some older Omega models

-"Applied metal logos don't have happy feet" is true for this year's Omega product line, but not for all Omega gens or reps

That's all!

-Mach

onionbag

-In particular, the gen blue dial Omega Professional made just prior to the 007 limited edition, had "happy feet" applied logo (see pics above)

Whilst in no way attempting to speak for powderfreak, the pic above is of a printed logo.

Why do you continue to insist that applied logos on gens have happy feet?

Or am I misunderstanding your assertions?

All gens.

6915682754_d79d7dd418.jpg

omega_po_45_black_02Large by Sir Kitt Braker., on Flickr

6915681504_7f8cf4a6c2.jpg

omega_po_2209_14Medium by Sir Kitt Braker., on Flickr

6915680108_30b164d43e.jpg

omega_po_2201_01Large by Sir Kitt Braker., on Flickr

Rep....now in Frazzle's orphanage. ;)

6062741059_2dc41e5f4a.jpg

PO 3 by Sir Kitt Braker., on Flickr

machiavegli

Whilst in no way attempting to speak for powderfreak, the pic above is of a printed logo.

Why do you continue to insist that applied logos on gens have happy feet?

Or am I misunderstanding your assertions?

I'm not saying ALL logos on every watch Omega makes have happy feet. I'm saying many older models had only happy feet. On my gen, every Omega logo on the watch (not just printed logos) has happy feet.

2012 Omega product line and applied feet are now flat.

C'mon, they've been making watches 140 years. Sometimes the feet are happy, sometimes flat.

Smile :)

-Mach

onionbag
On my gen, every Omega logo on the watch (not just printed logos) has happy feet.

No-one has ever disputed this phenomenon, the issue reared it's ugly head when reps with the applied logo had them.

Gens never had the happy feet on applied logos, subsequently it became an easy 'tell' of a rep.

For many this was unacceptable.....not me included I hasten to add. ;)

I reckon the biggest worry with applied logos is them coming loose and floating around. :D

dalboy

As collectors of Replica watches are we not in danger of being a bit Anul, with regards to all models of watch and the attention to detail on everyone of them. Have we lost sight of the fact that they are indeed replicas of the Origsnal, and by their very nature as with all replicated goods watches or otherwise will never be perfect.

Don't get me wrong for the prices that some models command you expect it to be very close to the gen, not one of these nasty Jamboree bag specials you see knocking about.

After all, people collect them for different reasons, some hope to pass them off to freinds and work collegues as the real deal, some can't afford the Gen, others take them for what they are, and that if you get pleasure from what you see on your wrist each day then you have achieved your goal albeit at a lower cost.

Besides, owning a collection of Rep's gives you the ability to wear something new everyday. Not something most could do with Gens, unless lucky enough to be wealthy.

So come on lads, get real, enjoy your watches, the smiles and comments they bring, enjoy life.............But most of all ......................KEEP IT REAL

jeffw69

:bj:

a new smiley!

onionbag

You've been warned about this! :D

jeffw69

You've been warned about this! :D

:bedbounce:

Chiquita Fanjita

Never mind these happy feet, on a more important point where can I get some pink Ping clubs like Bubba Watsons :lol:

machiavegli

I love you guys *lmfao*

onionbag

Never mind these happy feet, on a more important point here can I get some pink Ping clubs like Bubba Watsons :lol:

You'll look a treat having a quick 18 around the Linn....watch oot fur the schemies. :D

Chiquita Fanjita
:rofl: the schemies fae Chateau Lait will no come near me Andy. I'll have on my pink Lyle & Scott, pink and white brogues (Ian Poulter style), my pink Pings and a white Ploprof, they'll think I'm a raving homo and be too scared to come near me :lol: I'll look the part up at my usual club though ;)

jeffw69

what's homo about the white ploprof?

Chiquita Fanjita

Nothing mate, just think the white would go nice with the pink. The white Ploprof is on my wishlist along with that Montauk ;)

Lord Flashheart
what's homo about the white ploprof?

Very nice watch. But in a gay way.