Sign in to follow this  
mickey3390

Hey from the buckeye state

mickey3390

Hi my name is Wes I'm new here kinda stumbled upon this site been reading the forums etc. I have a couple of noob questions tat I found no reference to on the forums . First of all I may have been scammed as I ordered a rep watch from watchesshopsale.net has anyone delt with them before? Or should I call my cc card company and cry foul? And secondly I would like to purchases the best quality Omega Moon Watch I can find I'd like the 40th anniversary limited edition one with the silver subdile at 9 o'clock position. Where can I get the best one and what is the most correct movement , are there any that work correctly? And if so what one and where can I get it from? Sorry for the noob questions any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dr Yan

Hi Wes and welcome. in answer to your first question i would say yes, you may not have been scammed but you will probably not get what you are expecting.

Do a lot of reading on here; there is a huge amount of info and then order from one of the trusted dealers and you will be grand !

fatarms

Cleveland checking in.

Check out the Trusted Dealer list and contact some of them with pictures of the watch you are looking for, they should be able to point you in the right direction if the replica exists.

Read about different types of movements and how they differ, that will dictate the price more than anything. You may be willing to trade a lower beat movement to save money to buy more watches. And then more. And more.

Welcome.

robznet

Hi Wes..........................Nuthouse.jpg

Luthier

Yep, do your own homework, mate. "Point me in the right direction" question isn't very welcome here.

Read, read, read and you'll know.

Welcome to the Forum!

RichyRichRolex

O H

Brutus-the-Buckeye.jpg

myaz

Welcome. As is routinely pointed out here, except for adding the occasional after market modification, all dealers have access to the same watches.

Pick the dealer whose terms you are most comfortable with and then follow Fatarms' advice, if it's still made, they'll get it for you.

mickey3390

Thanks all for the responses thus far.

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse. Be sure to read the newbie link in my signature :)

DeLaForce

Welcome , be patient above all else :)

markeym3

Welcome , be patient above all else :)

double +1 on that one ,, patience is king

bronco bullit

welcome aboard

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

watchmonger

Welcome, Wes. For what it's worth, I buy most of reps from Mary and Rochest at Watch International. They tend to sell the higher end stuff and their QC is superior IMHO.

mickey3390

How long does it usually take Mary to get back to you? I have emailed her twice no response does anyone know if she's sick or on vacation? Thanks

dingle

How long does it usually take Mary to get back to you? I have emailed her twice no response does anyone know if she's sick or on vacation? Thanks

could be 3-4 days

RichardMiami

IT WAS ROBBERY

powderfreak
:wave:

kid8

Welcome to the forum! Read up like the others have said, there is a ton of great information and your fingertips.

Cleveland checking in.

Check out the Trusted Dealer list and contact some of them with pictures of the watch you are looking for, they should be able to point you in the right direction if the replica exists.

Read about different types of movements and how they differ, that will dictate the price more than anything. You may be willing to trade a lower beat movement to save money to buy more watches. And then more. And more.

Welcome.

I miss Cleveland :sad: , was born and raised on the east side, moved a lot in the last 2 years.

DFH

Hey! Ex- Buckeye here, lived in Shaker Hts. for most of my childhood. Welcome & enjoy the forum!

mickey3390

Actually received a watch from the first place I ordered from. Notice I said a watch, not the one I ordered but I got something I notified my cc company of the issue and emailed the dealer about the issues with what I received of course I have never received a rep,y from this dealer yet and don't really expect to. But on to the great news I did some fourm serifing and decided to go with watchinternational for my first purchase An Omega Moon Watch Rochester has been wonderful and I received my QC pictures today and should receive the watch soon it looks great in the pictures and I am looking forward to getting it.

Member X

Pics of the watch that arrived!! :D

Let us know how much you paid for it too :)

Great choice on the Moonie. What movement did you go with?