Sign in to follow this  
ChasR

Sell For Spares or Replace Movement

ChasR

Due to heavy handedness and ignorance in my part I damaged the "winder" of my watch. Further investigation on Forums it would appear that I have dislocated the castle wheel and also broken a spring.

Since mentioning on here about the damage and that I was purchasing a replacement watch I have had a few pm's offering to buy the damaged watch for spares. The watch is a Tag Carrera 16 with : New Asia Valjoux 7750 (28,800bph) movement with Cut Out Rotor detailed

engraving on Rotor.

Couple of questions:

Whats the value of the watch to sell for spares?

How much would a replacement movement with "winder" cost if I decided to keep and put it back together again.

Member X

Technically speaking you aren't actually allowed to sell on here till you have 50 posts and have been here for a while (1 or 2 months??), unless you upgrade to Supporter before that point, although there is nothing that can really be done if someone wants to buy from you via PM.

With regards to fixing it, A7750s are a bit of a PITA as I understand it, because there are no easily interchangeable parts you can swap for spares.

Whereabouts are you? There might be a modder on your continent that is able to assist :)