Sign in to follow this  
AK47

Hello!

AK47

Hi everyone.

Great site, very informative, a credit to the Mods & Community.

I used to own quite a few replicas some decades ago, usually just the cheap ones bought whilst on holiday, that inevitibly usually had a short life! It's eyeopening to see the shift in quality and detail of some of the recent replicas being manufactured, especially the mechanisms, and which has now drawn me back to the scene!

I'm looking to buy a Calibre/Carrera/Aquaracer this week (still undecided as to which one ATM), and have been trawling through the trusted traders sites from RWG, as finding a trusted trader was my primary concern.

Only thing I've decided on is I'd like an automatic mechanism rather than quartz, for no other reason that I've never had one yet!

Any suggestions?

Regards!

Member X

Welcome aboard :)

The Tags aren't my strongpoint so I will let someone else answer that side of it, but I will say that you will be extremely pleased when you realise just how good modern reps are ;):D

dalboy

WELCOME ! spend lots you will :yoda:

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

The new Aquaracers look really nice and well made - both chrono and non-chrono versions. I recommend asking Mary, Toro or Marvellous Replica for a price on one of these. ;)

Mazz

Hi mate

Welcome aboard..........be sure to read lots and stop by the museum while your at it

bronco bullit

welcome aboard :pirate:

DFH

Hi there & welcome!!!!!

AK47

Thanks for the welcome everyone, and the info links, I'm really looking forward to getting myself a nice present!

Gonna read through the forums about mechanisms, and what I can get for about £200 UKP for my first replica, I can't wait!

robznet

Hi AK47...................................................Nuthouse.jpg

J.Eric

Hello and welcome!!

Tits McGee

One of the best rep Tags out there. Drop an email to watchinternational (Mary). She'll take care of you.

Practice2002.jpg

AK47

[

One of the best rep Tags out there. Drop an email to watchinternational (Mary). She'll take care of you.

Practice2002.jpg

That's nice, been trawling through Mary's site (Watch-international.com??), but not seen that particular one, do you have a link to more info on it? Maybe I'll drop an email to her and ask if not.

I'm also liking THIS ONE on her site.

So much choice, they're all such nice watches.

Edited by AK47

Cyril_Clunge

Don't bother with Mary's website, just window shop on all the TD websites and then send a pic of what you want to Mary.

AK47

Ahh ok, cheers Cyril, I'll give it a nudge.

Just one thing, what experience have UK folks had with import duty/VAT etc when buying?

Are there any traders with UK 'hubs'?

Edited by AK47

Cyril_Clunge

Reg (Narikaa) is in the UK, can't say Ive heard of any problems with customs though. You're more at risk if you use DHL, Fedex etc so just stick to EMS or airmail and you'll be fine.