Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Panerai GPF 2/56 60mm (aka PAM341 vintage)

prestigewatchco

I sold the same one to a good old customer of mine Vangelis (Esdee) he drove me nuts to get them in . Anyway I have to say he posted a wrist shot on RG and it looked ok on him. He has an 8.5 inch wrist though

greg_r

It's a beautiful watch, Robert. 8" wrist or better and I think it's not a problem - provided you don't want to lift your arm above waist level :rofl:

Not sorry I bought it, just not 100% sure I'm gonna wear it :thumbsup2:

dingle
It's a beautiful watch, Robert. 8" wrist or better and I think it's not a problem - provided you don't want to lift your arm above waist level :rofl:

Not sorry I bought it, just not 100% sure I'm gonna wear it :thumbsup2:

do I smell a sale coming?

sfa437

Coolness :rofl:

I agree the thing is a MONSTER. I got mine and my wife looked at it, looked at me, then said "You're not BUYING that are you?" My fault for letting her see the box come in!

Wore it for a day and didn't think it was that oversized as to be totally impractical. I had a couple mmof overhang on either side of the wrist but not to the point where it was a PITA. It does weigh a ton and takes some getting used to. Definitely made an impression on the locals around here though. Kind of swelled my ego having a bunch of cougars staring at my crotch- then I realized they were trying to figure out why I mugged Flava Flav :rofl:

A couple things kept me off buying the Vintage model.. one is the caseback which should only have "Officine Panerai Firenze" on it and not the engraved Pig and serials as well as "Titanium" on it.

Second was the bezel. While there is quite enough meat on it to mod to the correct shape it has 12 clicks and in my case the fit was rather sloppy.

Third and the biggest "tell" for me was the black hands. They should be gold and finding a set of hands that long to swap... I guess I could have stripped the lume, buffed off the black and plated them but again that's an assload of work :thumbsup2:

Novesh got the "modern" 60mm one which I'm pretty sure I'll talk him out of at some point in the near future to mess with and I'll keep my fingers crossed for a DSN version :rofl:

greg_r
Coolness :rofl:

I agree the thing is a MONSTER. I got mine and my wife looked at it, looked at me, then said "You're not BUYING that are you?" My fault for letting her see the box come in!

Wore it for a day and didn't think it was that oversized as to be totally impractical. I had a couple mmof overhang on either side of the wrist but not to the point where it was a PITA. It does weigh a ton and takes some getting used to. Definitely made an impression on the locals around here though. Kind of swelled my ego having a bunch of cougars staring at my crotch- then I realized they were trying to figure out why I mugged Flava Flav :rofl:

A couple things kept me off buying the Vintage model.. one is the caseback which should only have "Officine Panerai Firenze" on it and not the engraved Pig and serials as well as "Titanium" on it.

Second was the bezel. While there is quite enough meat on it to mod to the correct shape it has 12 clicks and in my case the fit was rather sloppy.

Third and the biggest "tell" for me was the black hands. They should be gold and finding a set of hands that long to swap... I guess I could have stripped the lume, buffed off the black and plated them but again that's an assload of work :thumbsup2:

Novesh got the "modern" 60mm one which I'm pretty sure I'll talk him out of at some point in the near future to mess with and I'll keep my fingers crossed for a DSN version :rofl:

I agree about the size - feel that way about it myself. It's damned big, but only a couple of mm either side of the wrist. That I can cope with - I'll see if I get used to the weight.

I know what you mean about the limitations of the vintage model, but I just couldn't resist that dial. The modern version is fine, but not as compelling for me. The bezel on this one is fairly okay - could be tighter but it's still fairly precise.

jameo210369

wow, she is huge Greg. I love her.

I am so jealous, but I don't think I could pull her off.

prestigewatchco

Should they have gold hands then ? I can get that done easily in BKK takes about 5 mins no need to strip the lume. If people are fussed about that I will get some done

dingle
wow, she is huge Greg. I love her.

I am so jealous, but I don't think I could pull her off.

yeah, once those big ones get on, they are really hard to pull off. :thumbsup2:

greg_r
Should they have gold hands then ? I can get that done easily in BKK takes about 5 mins no need to strip the lume. If people are fussed about that I will get some done

Yes, I believe the 'vintage' version should have gold hands (not that it really bothers me - I mean, who the hell has ever seen a real one? :thumbsup2:).

greg_r
:thumbsup2::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

AllergyDoc

The DSN model is smaller, for some reason.

greg_r
The DSN model is smaller, for some reason.

Yup - he misunderstood the size info when it was first launched - his is 60mm including the CG (52mm without). Would probably be a better size for daily wear, frankly.

greg_r

okay - managed to get a fairly decent wristie, so added it to the original post (shot about a dozen - this was the only one that was sharp enough)

Member X

lol @ the walken thing :)

I love the look of these but they are just too big for everyday use I think!

Especially on my weedy wrists :(

I can just about pull off a BR01 homage but that's a stretch lol