dingle
does a noob with the most post win it?

Na, I'm sorta leaning towards bigest bribe :lol:

Col.

I have 50K geekbuks. does that count?

greg_r

lol@Col.

Yeah, bribery sounds like a better idea than the original plan :lol:

Sconey, you might be right, you might not. There's more to this than so far meets the eye :D

dingle
lol@Col.

Yeah, bribery sounds like a better idea than the original plan :lol:

Sconey, you might be right, you might not. There's more to this than so far meets the eye :D

oh the suspence. :D

oscarmadfish

greg is watching us

the-eye-of-sauron.jpg

trailboss99

No go on Geek Bux mate. USD or gold only.

Did you guys see where the reserve bank of India bought 200 ton of gold last night?

6.7 BILLION worth! Guess what that dd to the price of gold.

Col.

dingle
No go on Geek Bux mate. USD or gold only.

Did you guys see where the reserve bank of India bought 200 ton of gold last night?

6.7 BILLION worth! Guess what that dd to the price of gold.

Col.

ah man, that means I still haven't found any use for geek bux....even at RG. Their a useless status symbol I guess.

did someone say gold? :(

JohnG

No one here has gold - that's why we buy fakes. But I have a couple of TTK watches - those are BETTER than gold!

onzenuub
No one here has gold - that's why we buy fakes. But I have a couple of TTK watches - those are BETTER than gold!

You have nooooooooooooooooooothing. :(

dingle

You have nooooooooooooooooooothing. :D

Ok

someone expain. Who the hell was TTK and why is he the most hated person on the forums. I started my obesession with watches a little late to understand what exactly happened. :(

greg_r

TTK was the inventor of a new delivery system. Order a watch and then wait for continental drift to deliver it to you :(

He pissed off a lot of folks - he's an interesting guy, but not easy to deal with. John and I both got along with him well (I have a couple of TTK watches too), but I think we might have been in the minority :D

dingle
TTK was the inventor of a new delivery system. Order a watch and then wait for continental drift to deliver it to you :(

He pissed off a lot of folks - he's an interesting guy, but not easy to deal with. John and I both got along with him well (I have a couple of TTK watches too), but I think we might have been in the minority :D

ya think. any more details? Is he still lurking around? :mellow:

JohnG

He was one of the VERY FIRST rep dealers on the forums - a guy from Scotland who traveled to Asia on business frequently and started by bringing watches back for friends. Later he retired and turned it into a business he ran out of his beach side bungalow. But he lived far from the city/post office/rep supplier. He had no inventory. He would take pics of watches he didn't even own sometimes (taking pics of watches he had either picked up for customers or even shooting watches in the supplier's store. He would not actually get the watch until the money was delivered to him - and he charged very low prices (so he had a small margin). So he was always dependent on new customers to pay for his ongoing expenses and sometimes he was kind of robbing peter to pay paul. He also had health problems and in the end had to return to the UK and he still owed watches to many people (myself included).

He was a strange guy, notorious for delivering watches anywhere from a couple of weeks after ordering to six or twelve months later. I ordered from him for the excitement (like Russian roulette). In the end I wasn't disappointed - got stuck for two watches.

The difference between me and most others is that I did RESEARCH on the guy before I bought - and I used him because it was a chance to be part of rep history. Many others decided they didn't need to search his user name, didn't listen to the million of warnings, and then they got all bent out of shape when Neil (TTK) didn't get the watch to them quickly, and when he answered them (if at all) with sarcasm. He didn't have much patience with complaining customers (less than PWC even) and told them frequently "I have a life and I don't have time to hold your hand".

The sheer entertainment value was far greater than the value of the watches he never delivered!

dingle

He was one of the VERY FIRST rep dealers on the forums - a guy from Scotland who traveled to Asia on business frequently and started by bringing watches back for friends. Later he retired and turned it into a business he ran out of his beach side bungalow. But he lived far from the city/post office/rep supplier. He had no inventory. He would take pics of watches he didn't even own sometimes (taking pics of watches he had either picked up for customers or even shooting watches in the supplier's store. He would not actually get the watch until the money was delivered to him - and he charged very low prices (so he had a small margin). So he was always dependent on new customers to pay for his ongoing expenses and sometimes he was kind of robbing peter to pay paul. He also had health problems and in the end had to return to the UK and he still owed watches to many people (myself included).

He was a strange guy, notorious for delivering watches anywhere from a couple of weeks after ordering to six or twelve months later. I ordered from him for the excitement (like Russian roulette). In the end I wasn't disappointed - got stuck for two watches.

The difference between me and most others is that I did RESEARCH on the guy before I bought - and I used him because it was a chance to be part of rep history. Many others decided they didn't need to search his user name, didn't listen to the million of warnings, and then they got all bent out of shape when Neil (TTK) didn't get the watch to them quickly, and when he answered them (if at all) with sarcasm. He didn't have much patience with complaining customers (less than PWC even) and told them frequently "I have a life and I don't have time to hold your hand".

The sheer entertainment value was far greater than the value of the watches he never delivered!

thanks john for the history lesson.

JohnG

Here are some typical TTK quotes - usually in the threads of whining customers:

That's the 4th time you've mentioned ladyboys in your posts....I think there's a subliminal desire being expressed on your part.....if you want ..I can go down to Walking St ..and get some of their phone numbers that you can call.....I'm sure you'll be able to whack yourself silly over them......oh..wait...you're silly already...Sillykat...or is it Smellykat....!

i know you're an old fogey...but get with the program...that was way back in July....how about a firmware update for your brain....!

You say that as tho' it's a bad bad thing....now Julio my houseboy ( in tight hippy hugger pants this morning )....has gone all huffy and refuses to work with Manolo...Manolo is refusing to give up the iron...and Julio just hates folding...says that ironing is more of a woman thing than folding....you'll be familiar with that feeling.......eh....sweetheart....

Speak English man...you're not making any sense...as usual....even in your own language....Rubbish...or is it Gibberish,...!

:(

dingle

That's the 4th time you've mentioned ladyboys in your posts....I think there's a subliminal desire being expressed on your part.....if you want ..I can go down to Walking St ..and get some of their phone numbers that you can call.....I'm sure you'll be able to whack yourself silly over them......oh..wait...you're silly already...Sillykat...or is it Smellykat....!

i know you're an old fogey...but get with the program...that was way back in July....how about a firmware update for your brain....!

You say that as tho' it's a bad bad thing....now Julio my houseboy ( in tight hippy hugger pants this morning )....has gone all huffy and refuses to work with Manolo...Manolo is refusing to give up the iron...and Julio just hates folding...says that ironing is more of a woman thing than folding....you'll be familiar with that feeling.......eh....sweetheart....

Speak English man...you're not making any sense...as usual....even in your own language....Rubbish...or is it Gibberish,...!

:D

:(

sconehead

That\'s the 4th time you\'ve mentioned ladyboys in your posts....I think there\'s a subliminal desire being expressed on your part.....if you want ..I can go down to Walking St ..and get some of their phone numbers that you can call.....I\'m sure you\'ll be able to whack yourself silly over them......oh..wait...you\'re silly already...Sillykat...or is it Smellykat....!

i know you\'re an old fogey...but get with the program...that was way back in July....how about a firmware update for your brain....!

You say that as tho\' it\'s a bad bad thing....now Julio my houseboy ( in tight hippy hugger pants this morning )....has gone all huffy and refuses to work with Manolo...Manolo is refusing to give up the iron...and Julio just hates folding...says that ironing is more of a woman thing than folding....you\'ll be familiar with that feeling.......eh....sweetheart....

Speak English man...you\'re not making any sense...as usual....even in your own language....Rubbish...or is it Gibberish,...!

:gunbandana:

:lol:

My opinion of TTK...He had a lot of lip for a one-eyed fatman...researched him as a dealer, never bought from him and hated his smart arsed comments, mainly to noobs I may add (he wouldn''t get away with it with more experienced members.) He reckoned on several occasions he didn't do it for/or need the money but ended up scamming people, ill health or not he ended his forays on the rep boards badly...John? :)

Fiddo

Just give it to me. I'll post some pictures of me wearing it and stuff.

JohnG
never bought from him and hated his smart arsed comments

Well Greg thought they were pretty funny.

sconehead

Did Graman? :):gunbandana:

onzenuub

Did Graman? :beer:;)

Let's wait for the answer. :nana::Whistle::)