dingle

TC Submariner with Gen Bezel Insert (pic heavy)

dingle

so, when are you buying the gen?

when I get about $5000 extra :)

964boy

While on my quest for "who has the best sub", my friend Trailboss tells me to search for the TC submariner over at RWI and perhaps I will find this Grail rep.....

I emailed TC last Friday the 13th requesting his version V sub. After a few questions and such, I paid on late Saturday and he shipped on Monday. The hardest task with this version is the fact you have to source a bezel insert. After several days of searching, I found a gen insert on the bay for $235.00 in great condition and ordered. The watch arrived this past Wednesday as TC ships this version within the US. The gen insert arrived yesterday.

I admit, I was scared about installing the insert myself and even sent PM to CLS about installing it for me. It turns out, this was not the case at all. The gen insert was installed in about 6 seconds at was a perfect fit. It literally snapped in place with no issues or modifications needed.

Needless to say, I believe my search is over.....and now I have a watch that will accept gen parts if I want to upgrade as I go. I am really , really happy about this :D

here are a few pics. Hope you enjoy .

In this pic yo can see the rehaut. Much superior than the standard rep subs. No worries on the marks on the bezel insert...it's just dust :)

6953121762_1ed8699e12_c.jpg

take a look at the date font......it is centered and is perfect IMO

7099194987_4c0268eab5_c.jpg

the crown and guards look spot on as well

7099196769_e330b44ed5_c.jpg

6953129174_15a52c0050_z.jpg

take a look at the crystal height

7099197771_d66f6f186b_c.jpg

6953127986_f4f9b4276e_c.jpg

6953128496_3fa41bd349_c.jpg

6953129568_4d6e77efee_c.jpg

the bracelet is nice as well and has the correct hollow mid link

7099188623_91071db6dd_c.jpg

6953117278_b0cd7fec66_c.jpg

7099196895_9b07431994_c.jpg

here is a lume shot....I still need some work in this area....

6953121216_39ef8fcdc3_c.jpg

.................and now the money shot :D

7099199337_86d4e6e059_c.jpg

cheers! :beer2:

Does the ROLEX engraving on the rehaut line up with the minute markers all round the dial. It's hard to tell with your pics.

Hugh

jeffw69

:Yawn:

dingle

Does the ROLEX engraving on the rehaut line up with the minute markers all round the dial. It's hard to tell with your pics.

Hugh

Yes. It does. :)

964boy

Hugh

Yes. It does. :)

Thanks for that dingleberry, one step closer.

One of the rolex forum suggested these inserts as top quality, there are two, does one of them fit? Don't know tc bezel dimensions

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WATCHSALES/WatchSparePartsSalesTable.htm

Hugh

BigBuys

One of the rolex forum suggested these inserts as top quality, there are two, does one of them fit? Don't know tc bezel dimensions

http://www.pmwf.com/...sSalesTable.htm

Hugh

The second bezel insert is the same Cal.3035 for the 16800 series (102263762) that I sourced new from Rolex for my TC Sub. There is NO WAY for me to evaluate fit, or even finish, with just the lone picture shown and the stated dimensions. You might dig a little for the original dimensions within the Rolex specifications. Specifications ARE NOT stated on my original Rolex packaging. Your best bet for evaluation is to study the source of the referral and try to determine the authority with which they speak.

IF it as good as indicated, then it would certainly be a deal at $65. The reality of it may be that you are buying a Rep insert.

964boy

Hugh

The second bezel insert is the same Cal.3035 for the 16800 series (102263762) that I sourced new from Rolex for my TC Sub. There is NO WAY for me to evaluate fit, or even finish, with just the lone picture shown and the stated dimensions. You might dig a little for the original dimensions within the Rolex specifications. Specifications ARE NOT stated on my original Rolex packaging. Your best bet for evaluation is to study the source of the referral and try to determine the authority with which they speak.

IF it as good as indicated, then it would certainly be a deal at $65. The reality of it may be that you are buying a Rep insert.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I can't put my hand to the post in question, just copied insert details. I believe this is an aftermarket part, the poster recommended it as of superior quality. At $65 I might just take the chance and if all works out will keep everyone posted. Fingers crossed.

Now just of to contact TC and order one of his assembled v series subs.

trailboss99

Mate, that's a 16800 bezel insert, not a 16610 one. It's not correct for this watch even if it does fit.

If you compare the font on the 16800 with Ding's gen 16610 you can see it's all wrong for that watch.

BezelInsert16800.jpg

7099194987_4c0268eab5_c.jpg

Note that the font is thicker and the 5 is more closed on the 16610. The pearl is also different.

dingle

+1

Don't waste your money, the gen inserts are expensive enough as it is. Take the $65 and use it towards the real thing.

964boy

Thanks guys. Bookmark deleted.

gB.

Just an observation...

It's funny how the discussion has shifted from "who has the best sub" to now "who has the best sub insert". :lol:

:popcorn:

964boy

It's funny how the discussion has shifted from "who has the best sub" to now "who has the best sub insert". :lol:

Have to agree, sourcing the sub seems to be the easy part of the journey. Bezel insert another story.

That's the the great thing about this forum, first class advise offered freely, am glad I stumbled across it.

Now for what to me seems very strange. After yesterdays good advise re bezels I spent some time searching for a gen insert. Info here suggests $300+ for a good one. I live in Scotland and came across this

http://www.rolexforu...ad.php?t=123477 Don't know if you have to be a member to read this thread, but here's the important posting,

I just bought an LV and have ordered a black bezel insert to swap from time to time too.

I believe the price for this should be around £40-50GBP. I suppose in $ up to 100.

This is easily fitted, and does not need to be sent away.

So is the solution to the best bezel as simple a finding a friendly gen rolex owner and purchasing a gen bezel insert for cheap money.

Just a thought

Hugh

jeffw69

Just an observation...

Geeks.

trailboss99

Have to agree, sourcing the sub seems to be the easy part of the journey. Bezel insert another story.

That's the the great thing about this forum, first class advise offered freely, am glad I stumbled across it.

Now for what to me seems very strange. After yesterdays good advise re bezels I spent some time searching for a gen insert. Info here suggests $300+ for a good one. I live in Scotland and came across this

http://www.rolexforu...ad.php?t=123477 Don't know if you have to be a member to read this thread, but here's the important posting,

I just bought an LV and have ordered a black bezel insert to swap from time to time too.

I believe the price for this should be around £40-50GBP. I suppose in $ up to 100.

This is easily fitted, and does not need to be sent away.

So is the solution to the best bezel as simple a finding a friendly gen rolex owner and purchasing a gen bezel insert for cheap money.

Just a thought

Hugh

True, if you can find a 16610 owner and the AD will sell him one. However Rolex are becoming more and more anal about parts so prising one out of Rolex may be the hard bit.

gB.

Just an observation...

Geeks.

rep...

geeks?

jeffw69

Just an observation...

Geeks.

rep...

geeks?

:lol:

964boy

Hugh

BigBuys

Could you please confirm if this was the part number you purchased

315-16800-81

Hugh

964boy

+1

Don't waste your money, the gen inserts are expensive enough as it is. Take the $65 and use it towards the real thing.

Could you please supply the rolex bezel part number as fitted to your TC Sub. Have one on order and have to get my hand on insert soon.Your help would be much appreciated

Hugh

dingle

Really dunno the actual part #. It will need to state it fits the 16610 sub.

I recommend joining the Rolex forum( with a different name of course) and looking in the sales section under parts, etc. There will be several posted each week and range from $235 to $300 depending on condition.

Hope this helps

:)

gB.
Best deal out there. He will probably take $250.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=241793

Yep, that's the same DB that bought a few TC YM during the group buy on RG at $550 per and immediately tried to flip them on RWG.cc for $865, immediate $300+ profit (he even says in his sales he has three he doesn't need). Big stink about it over there in a couple threads. Member name is dpclark87 on RWG.cc and WC, maybe here too. I bought a gen PAM JV strap from him on REG.cc and he was kind of a prick in his PMs. This was prior to me seeing his TC YM profiteering, so didn't know what kind of DB he was. Seems like a decent deal on the gen insert, but, meh, purchase with caution.

:)

Edit: here's the link to his TC YM thread that sold quick before anyone noticed, but has now exposed him for the DB he is.

http://www.rwg.cc/index.php?/topic/148591-[sOLD!]:-Brand-New-TC-WM9-Yachtmaster-16622

Realism

better profit margins with TC YM than selling gens :giggle:

gB.

Yeah, but still seems like a shitty move in the rep world. TC was trying to offer a great watch to some lucky members at cost with no profit for him, and seems some DBs are taking advantage of it. All any member has in this rep hobby is trust with one another, and losing that isn't worth $300 IMO.

As an interesting side note, Col over on RWI nuked one sales thread where the same thing was happening (which that member now has it listed in RWG.cc but is getting flamed for it). Col also instructed his mods to not allow any other sales threads for the TC YM where immediate price gauging is taking place.

Realism

Yeah, but still seems like a shitty move in the rep world. TC was trying to offer a great watch to some lucky members at cost with no profit for him, and seems some DBs are taking advantage of it. All any member has in this rep hobby is trust with one another, and losing that isn't worth $300 IMO.

As an interesting side note, Col over on RWI nuked one sales thread where the same thing was happening (which that member now has it listed in RWG.cc but is getting flamed for it). Col also instructed his mods to not allow any other sales threads for the TC YM where immediate price gauging is taking place.

Just went over to check it out... I heard TC even made a loss out of the transaction...

you're right though... still not right to rip off a fellow member from a community

funny thing is that in the gen world, YM is one of the more heavily discounted model, a forgotten bastard :giggle:

SecretAgentMan

I wouldn't wear a gen YM if it was given to me for free.......they are ugly with that red plastic looking second hand. As for tha guy making $300 profit on TC's YM.....if people r stupid enough to pay the price, oh well........but that guy shouldn't have done it.