Sign in to follow this  
alfo982

my first online watch replica purchase... need help!

alfo982

Hi everone, as you have already read on the title, I'm going to purchase a Rolex Submariner replica for the first time. Honeslty... it's a week that I'm surfing in internet looking for a good dealer.

And until now I only found sad stories about compliants and frauds!!!

Sincerly I'm losing hope to find a good deal in internet.

All the good feedbacks and guestbooks shown on the different sites are so clearly pretendent... but this forum seems to be 100% genuine... made of comments and opinions of sincere people!

For this reason I would ask you an help on finding a good site for my purchase...

If anybody of you has already bought 1 or more replica watches... please tell me your experience (either good or bad)... in order to understand in which site I can trust, and which scammer I must avoid...

Thank you so much in advice... and hope to reach a good decision!!!

Alberto

greg_r

Welcome to the board Alberto.

Your first stop should be the Forum dealers here - they're known to be trustworthy. Have a look at their listings and don't be afraid to ask questions. Next, take a look at the Trusted Dealer list (linked from the top left of every page). These are all dealers we KNOW we can trust. Most of us have bought from all of them at one time or another.

Personally, I tend to buy most of my watches from PrestigeWatchCo (Robert) - the only thing that may put you off is that he doesn't have a web site. You can buy from his listings in his subforum here (I think there are at least a couple of subs listed) or if you can't see what you want, then just drop him a PM or email. Watchinternational works the same way. House of Souveniers, however, does have a website, so you might want to look at that. All three dealers will supply you with a decent watch for your money, and all give excellent customer service. You can't go too far wrong with any of them.

Just to put your mind at rest - the board does not make any money from our trusted dealers. It was set up because most of us have been ripped off at one time or another and we wanted to try and reduce the chances of getting ripped off again.

My advice is not to rush into anything - spend a little time reading the board, feel free to ask questions and let us know what you decide to get!

Good luck - this is a fun hobby, so enjoy! :irish_dance:

Member X

Welcome aboard! :irish_dance:

Let us know what sort of money you're looking to spend and whether you're willing/able to do any modification work yourself, and we can offer suggestions as for which model to go for!

alfo982

Hi Greg... thank you so much for your prompt answer!

Of course your first suggestion is to have a look at the trusted dealer inside this forum... sincerly I have already done it: now, the only thing that I need is a true contanct with other buyer, just like me! their feelings with their watches, their impressions, are all fundamental for me in this phase of decision!

Of course I will read carefully as much as I can in this forum, and in the meanwhile I would pray you (who wants of course...)to let me know where did you buy your watch(es) and leave me a short impression on the quality of the item(s).

I would anticipate...ok, I'm looking for a replica watch, but not a complete rubbish that scratches too easily or lose a minute each day...

Just a discrete watch with a robust steel structure and an acceptable mechanism.

Ok, I hope to see you numerous!

byeee

alfo982
Welcome aboard! :irish_dance:

Let us know what sort of money you're looking to spend and whether you're willing/able to do any modification work yourself, and we can offer suggestions as for which model to go for!

I would pay 300-350 € for a good mechanism, and a robust strcuture!

KBH
Hi everone, as you have already read on the title, I'm going to purchase a Rolex Submariner replica for the first time.

If anybody of you has already bought 1 or more replica watches...

Alberto

Hello Alberto,

I think you'll find most everyone here has bought many more than one. Some of us knuckleheads have probably bought enough to wear a different one every day of the month. :irish_dance:

As a first time buyer I would suggest trying Joshua at Perfect Clones. He has the easiest and most complete web site as well as probably the best customer service of any of the dealers. You'll get quick answers and super fast shipping, but you'll pay a few extra dollars for this. For a beginner to get your feet wet he is the best. As you get more used to the forum and dealers you'll learn where the best prices are but often buying gets a little more complicated. Some dealers don't take PP or credit cards, some take a long time to return e mails, etc.

Joshua's BeginMariner for $108 delivered is an excellent Sub for the money.

Also, if you're in Europe, you might give Narikaa a try. He's easy to deal with, has good prices, and there is no customs worries. He also has a great low priced sub, very similar to Joshua's.

greg_r

That's why you need to read more of the board - there's lots of reviews of all sorts of watches bought by the members here.

As for which sub to buy, that depends on how much you have to spend. $100 or so will buy you a so-called "noobmariner", which has a good case and dial, mineral glass crystal and runs a simple 21J movement. The movement beats at a lower rate than the genuine, so whilst the second hand sweeps smoothly, it isn't quite as smooth as the real thing. Time keeping shoud be accurate provided the movement is well-regulated (that goes for whatever movement is fitted to the watch, quite frankly).

At the other end of the price range, there's the custom-build WM9 replicas, which cost $4-500 and are very accurate, but there's a waiting list of several months from them. They're supplied by BK, who is a dealer on some of the other boards. Personally, I don't think they're worth the money.

In the middle are a couple of options. Good quality reps powered by either a gen Swiss ETA movement or by an Asian Clone ETA - either one will beat at the same rate as the genuine thing, so the second hand will sweep very smoothly. Both are good movements and generally very reliable. Personally I'd go for the Asian clone - they tend to be that much cheaper and there's little or no real difference in the quality of the watch.

I'm not going to make a specific recommendation as I'm not a fan of the submariner so don't really follow the ins and outs of the various versions - hopefully one of the other guys will be along shortly - there are several guys here who actually own the gen Rolex, so they can probably advise you better than I can.

alfo982
In the middle are a couple of options. Good quality reps powered by either a gen Swiss ETA movement or by an Asian Clone ETA - either one will beat at the same rate as the genuine thing, so the second hand will sweep very smoothly. Both are good movements and generally very reliable. Personally I'd go for the Asian clone - they tend to be that much cheaper and there's little or no real difference in the quality of the watch.

Very interesting dissertation about the mechanism panorama!

Just for clarity...also for the next posters... I would take right this middle-range quality (genuin or clone ETA movement).

Member X

Nice summary Greg :irish_dance:

I do like the WM9s but I'm not sure about the lower priced but almost-as-good models either.

alfo982
Have a think about the Asian clone version of this at $179 (the $129 version runs a 21j).

http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...?showtopic=2620

It looks very cool... of course do you confirm me that all the descriptions in this insertion, as well as the other inside this forum are all honest and sincere?

I'm very sorry for this offensive mistrust, but I repeat... in this week of surfing i have read soooo many scams...

thankyou again...

Member X
Have a think about the Asian clone version of this at $179 (the $129 version runs a 21j).

It looks very cool... of course do you confirm me that all the descriptions in this insertion, as well as the other inside this forum are all honest and sincere?

I'm very sorry for this offensive mistrust, but I repeat... in this week of surfing i have read soooo many scams...

thankyou again...

lol Don't worry, it's natural to be worried about these things, I know I always was at the start.

Robert from PWC is sound, as is Mary from WatchInternational, and I would trust both to sort me out exactly what it said on the tin. Mary will go out of her way to find what you want and Robert is a no-bullshit kind of guy!

I've not used Joshua but have tried Eurotimez, and I will be sticking to Mary in the future as she offers such a low-hassle service :)

trailboss99

Yep, if I were you I'd drop either PWC(prestige watchco=Robert) or WI (watchinternational=Mary) an email and tell 'em you want a good Sub with a clone ETA and see what they come up with.

Don't worry, it gets easier with time :)

Col.

SliceMaster

Go for House of Souvenirs, Lawrence will take good care of you and he´s always willing to help you if you have any questions!!!

KBH

thankyou again...

lol Don't worry, it's natural to be worried about these things, I know I always was at the start.

Robert from PWC is sound, as is Mary from WatchInternational, and I would trust both to sort me out exactly what it said on the tin. Mary will go out of her way to find what you want and Robert is a no-bullshit kind of guy!

I've not used Joshua but have tried Eurotimez, and I will be sticking to Mary in the future as she offers such a low-hassle service :(

As the old saying goes: "Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one". That's why it's important for you to do a little reading and studying. There's lot's of information here and all free for the taking. Any of the dealers can pretty much get the same things. You just need to figure out which flaws you can live with. There is no 100% like gen Sub, regardless of what the scam sites tell you.

Even in a simple sub there are lots of varieties. For instance that ugly blue sub listed above. Some like it, I think it's an abomination. Especially the polished mid link GMT style bracelet. What kind of tool watch is that? :)

greg_r

thankyou again...

hehe you know, there's caution - and then there's paranoia. I think you maybe crossed over there for a moment ;) ;)

No offence taken, of course, but we have over 1100 members and over 45,000 posts. Go ahead and read some of those posts, then use your head. If this forum is a scam, it's the most elaborate scam in history! :)

Many of us have been collecting for a long time. (I bought my first rep about 7-8 years ago and I'm far from being the most experienced collector on here). We're recommending from experience. Stick with the trusted dealers (preferably our forum dealers - they've been invited to participate here for a reason) and you won't go far wrong. :(

dingle

thankyou again...

hehe you know, there's caution - and then there's paranoia. I think you maybe crossed over there for a moment ;) ;)

No offence taken, of course, but we have over 1100 members and over 45,000 posts. Go ahead and read some of those posts, then use your head. If this forum is a scam, it's the most elaborate scam in history! :)

Many of us have been collecting for a long time. (I bought my first rep about 7-8 years ago and I'm far from being the most experienced collector on here). We're recommending from experience. Stick with the trusted dealers (preferably our forum dealers - they've been invited to participate here for a reason) and you won't go far wrong. :(

well said greg.

alfo982

Thank you guys... I will take a careful tour in this forum...

In the meantime I contacted Robert and Mary, just to have a look at what they can propose me!

I will keep you informed... of course...

dingle
Thank you guys... I will take a careful tour in this forum...

In the meantime I contacted Robert and Mary, just to have a look at what they can propose me!

I will keep you informed... of course...

Goodluck Alfo!

Are you located in the States?

trailboss99
but we have over 11,000 members

We do? :)

Col.

trailboss99

Col.

dingle

Col.

I need greg to be my new accountant. :(

Member X
For instance that ugly blue sub listed above. Some like it, I think it's an abomination. Especially the polished mid link GMT style bracelet. What kind of tool watch is that? :lol:

Pah, wash your mouth out young man!

It's an £18k white gold toolwatch! ;) lol ;)

I like it - I must get one at some point, to go with the other million watches I must get when I'm rich...

KBH

If you get Greg to be our accountant you'll be able to afford it next month.