Sign in to follow this  
drobbins_atws

PAM 127 Info

drobbins_atws

Hi All,

New member to the forum and thoroughly enjoying the great resource that all of you have built.

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with some information on the PAM 127 Ultimate Fiddy model. From various posts, it looks like this was a very popular model and may no longer be available. Any information you can provide on availability would be greatly appreciated. Also, would you have any other recommendations for other PAM reps of similar quality?

Thanks!

David

greg_r

There are two 'Ultimate' Fiddys worth the name. One from PrestigeWatchCo and the other (more expensive) from DSN. Both are great watches - there are pros and cons in each direction - personally I have the PWC version.

Drop PrestigeWatchCo (one of our forum dealers) an email or PM to see if he still has any left from the last batch (trust me, it's a beautiful watch - mine is my all-time favourite).

If PWC can't supply, DSN should be able to supply his version (you'll find his info on our trusted dealer list linked from the top of every page), but bear in mind that DSN's communications aren't the best and he can sometimes take 2 or 3 days to respond.

As far as other Panerai reps of that sort of quality goes, there's quite a few. DSN produces several very good models and PWC can also supply a wide variety. Ultimately it depends on what you want. If in doubt on any particular model, feel free to ask - between the membership here we've probably owned most of the decent PAM reps out there :D

Welcome to RWG! :(

landwomble
There are two 'Ultimate' Fiddys worth the name. One from PrestigeWatchCo and the other (more expensive) from DSN. Both are great watches - there are pros and cons in each direction - personally I have the PWC version.

Drop PrestigeWatchCo (one of our forum dealers) an email or PM to see if he still has any left from the last batch (trust me, it's a beautiful watch - mine is my all-time favourite).

If PWC can't supply, DSN should be able to supply his version (you'll find his info on our trusted dealer list linked from the top of every page), but bear in mind that DSN's communications aren't the best and he can sometimes take 2 or 3 days to respond.

As far as other Panerai reps of that sort of quality goes, there's quite a few. DSN produces several very good models and PWC can also supply a wide variety. Ultimately it depends on what you want. If in doubt on any particular model, feel free to ask - between the membership here we've probably owned most of the decent PAM reps out there :)

Welcome to RWG! :lol:

Anyone do a 47mm Fiddy or otherwise PAM case with Sapphire glass rather than mineral?

greg_r

Yup. My PWC Fiddy has a sapphire crystal - I believe the same goes for the DSN version too (but check before buying as I'm not 100% sure what he's supplying at present). Sapphire domed crystals tend to be a little rare, however.

landwomble
Yup. My PWC Fiddy has a sapphire crystal - I believe the same goes for the DSN version too (but check before buying as I'm not 100% sure what he's supplying at present). Sapphire domed crystals tend to be a little rare, however.

Ta. Just don't like the idea of non-sapphire, particularly on a domed crystal. I guarantee I'd scratch it. What's the best way of polishing out glass scratches? Anyone?

sconehead

Ta. Just don't like the idea of non-sapphire, particularly on a domed crystal. I guarantee I'd scratch it. What's the best way of polishing out glass scratches? Anyone?

Toothpaste...:lol:

greg_r

I've polished out scuffs and minor scratches on mineral crystal with a cape cod cloth before now.

drobbins_atws

Thanks for the info! I'll look forward to posting my new watch.