Sign in to follow this  
Nimitz

Fitting a bezel on DSSD

Nimitz

I bought a DSSD on a different forum, but when it arrived the bezel was off the watch... I tried pressing it back on, but no luck. Is there a trick to do this or should I consider the watch broken?

IMG_1264.jpg

Amit

oh man that sucks hard!

some clearer pics of both bezel and case may help a but more

Hazz

as far as I am aware , rhere shoud be a spring clip to keep it in place, but I could be corrected on that. if you got it from a TD, from the other site, ask for a replacement

fatarms

as far as I am aware , rhere shoud be a spring clip to keep it in place, but I could be corrected on that. if you got it from a TD, from the other site, ask for a replacement

Pretty sure this is the correct answer, it's a little wire thing and if you don't have it, it's not going to stay on the watch. Contact the dealer.

Nimitz

Pretty sure this is the correct answer, it's a little wire thing and if you don't have it, it's not going to stay on the watch. Contact the dealer.

I bought it from a member on a different forum... The spring clip is there, but its not attached to the bezel, so it moves freely inside the bezel. Is this how it should be? I will post clear pictures tomorrow

Edited by Nimitz

fatarms

I bought it from a member on a different forum... The spring clip is there, but its not attached to the bezel, so it moves freely inside the bezel. Is this how it should be?

It moves freely and is able to be lost easily, you're lucky to have found it.. It should fit into the casing steel casing, I forget exactly where though. Take a look at some youtube videos for changing bezels and you'll see where the little spring thing should go before snapping the bezel back on. Hopefully the spring isn't broken or bent too badly.

KeNnY

as far I know, when Robert told me, that they at rep factory, put the bezel inside with an hammer ?

Nimitz

as far I know, when Robert told me, that they at rep factory, put the bezel inside with an hammer ?

... Won't that damage the ceramic on the bezel? Is it normal that the spring thingy inside the bezel is not attached to the bezel, or could this be the problem?

IMG_1293.jpg

10:10 Watch Repair

take the ceramic insert out first. Then put the wire in the groove on the bezel and work it onto the case, install the insert after. You also have likely lost the spring and small insert that causes the bezel to click.

Nimitz

take the ceramic insert out first. Then put the wire in the groove on the bezel and work it onto the case, install the insert after. You also have likely lost the spring and small insert that causes the bezel to click.

No I have the spring and click piston thingy. But how do I remove the insert, can I just pop it out?

sconehead

Yep...heat it up with a hairdyer first though, it's more than likely glued in as well...:)