Sign in to follow this  
Cosmo

Question: where/which Oyster Perpetual Day date Platinum to buy?

Cosmo

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and joined to leverage the knowledge of the other members here.

I would like to buy a replica Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day date Platinum (men's). Don't care if it has a Swiss or Asian movement.

Just want it to look great and of good quality for a GREAT price. (Yes, I want it all :-)

Can anyone tell me which site to go to and what to look for (and not)?

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Cosmo

jeffw69

OK.

Welcome to the forum.

On the main page over to the right is a link to all of our Trusted Dealers.

Do some reading, check out the Rolex subforum.

Also, check out the link in my signature below.

Cheers.

greg_r

Most dealers can supply a DD (you don't say whether you're after the original 37mm DD or the later DDII which is 41mm).

Obviously it's going to be SS not platinum ;)

The watch is well repped - the more expensive versions ARE better than the cheapie 21J versions, though, so bear that in mind. A Sellita-powered version is going to cost you something in the order of $250. A little less for Asian clones. $120-130 is the general range for 21Js.

I'd try Toro, WatchInternational or maybe Silix for this one. Check out the trusted dealers linked from the board index :)

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

Cosmo

Thanks for the quick response and info.

I wasn't even aware of the size difference, need to take a look at that but I think I prefer the smaller size.

Bummer that the replica is not made of real platinum! :-) but just steel. As long if it does not wear off like some cheap crap.

I will check out the links and I assume that the Sellita powered version is the one to go with?

mspangl

mary

jeffw69
Bummer that the replica is not made of real platinum!

Platinum is trading for over $1500 an Ounce, don't think a rep will have real platinum. :lol:

greg_r

I wasn't even aware of the size difference, need to take a look at that but I think I prefer the smaller size.

Bummer that the replica is not made of real platinum! :-) but just steel. As long if it does not wear off like some cheap crap.

I will check out the links and I assume that the Sellita powered version is the one to go with?

If it was real platinum, mate, it'd be the same kinda price as the gen :lol:

Yep the "Swiss" versions (which tend to be Sellita rather than ETA movements now) are the ones to go for and decent value imho. I have a DateJust from a fairly recent batch and it's an excellent watch.

Cosmo
Bummer that the replica is not made of real platinum!

Platinum is trading for over $1500 an Ounce, don't think a rep will have real platinum. :lol:

I know, just joking. I would buy the entire supply if that were the case.

gtwc

Stainlees steel ? Cheap crap?

I honestly feel the members (and admin - kiss kiss) have been way too lenient with you.

You are posing a ridiculously stupid fuckin' question with an impossible answer.

I would love a Greubel-Forsey Quad tourbillon - but I know I ain't gonna get it !!!

Less my lotto numbers come up !!!!!!

:giggle:

Cosmo

I honestly feel the members (and admin - kiss kiss) have been way too lenient with you.

You are posing a ridiculously stupid fuckin' question with an impossible answer.

I would love a Greubel-Forsey Quad tourbillon - but I know I ain't gonna get it !!!

Well,

It was never my intention to post a stupid question and I do believe that there is a difference in the quality of stainless steel like everything else.

I was merely joking about wanting it all but I did get a lot of useful information that I will put to use when buying a watch while having the peace of mind that I don't get screwed.

I therefore would like to thank, once again, everyone for their input. (Even you for your contribution!)

Success with your lotto tickets.

gtwc

C'mon then - post me 6 random numbers between 1 and 49.........

I promise to share..................................

dingle

Well,

It was never my intention to post a stupid question and I do believe that there is a difference in the quality of stainless steel like everything else.

I was merely joking about wanting it all but I did get a lot of useful information that I will put to use when buying a watch while having the peace of mind that I don't get screwed.

I therefore would like to thank, once again, everyone for their input. (Even you for your contribution!)

Success with your lotto tickets.

you will fit in just fine here....... :D

jeffw69
:lol:

Cosmo

C'mon then - post me 6 random numbers between 1 and 49.........

I promise to share..................................

how about 52?

Jameslowe1

Cosmo I recommend Watchinternational, one of the TD's.

Just send them an email with an image of the watch you want with a note. If you don't have an image just link.

mbjoer

Some specific points about the Platinum Day Date reps:

Steel and Platinum look very similar, so steel is a pretty good substitute for the real deal.

The other main differences with the Rolex reps are the hallmarking (There are no Rolex reps with correct platinum hallmarks), the crown (should have one dot, but reps have a line or two dots) and the weight (platinum is very heavy, so the steel version will feel very light if you are familiar with the Gen).

Good luck with your search.