Sign in to follow this  
bjornjonas

hi all!

bjornjonas

so i have been lurking the forums for 2-3 days now since i joined and i must say im very impressed with all the knowledge gathered here..

Im looking to buy my first rep-watch and have been interested in vintage watches for a while now and my question is if anyone has any experience of vintage rep-builds and how they stand up.. for example i've seen some vintage sub(mil/comex/tiffany/normal), vintage SD and vintage Daytona paul newman on some other sites (not among the trusted sellers here) and since im working with film and photography these seem very interesting to me as well as that i love the look of a vintage sub on a nato or paul newman on a leather bracelet..

does any of the trusted seller here offer vintage-looking reps? how do they stand up against the gen-versions? any tips in general?

im interested mainly in the models mentioned above but also maybe JLC deep sea alarm (both vintage-looking and if there is allready a nice build of the new version).

any tips and pointers very welcome.. I recide in berlin and have had a lot of trouble with customs whenever i order anything (where i actually have to go to a loading-area in berlin wait in line for hours to pic up any parcel, when i have ordered watches (gen vintage) before ive asked sellers to put repair on reciepts to keep customs down, how does german attenders of this forum get around reps in customs?

well enough of this essay from me ;)

feel free to pm me or respond in thread with any tips on these matters..

best

/b

Edited by bjornjonas

Mazz

Hello and welcome aboard mate

Be sure to visit the museum

graman

Welcome to the forum mate....enjoy!

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

jeffw69

Welcome.

Quite an essay.

Wish I could offer advice about vintage, but I am into new and shiny. :)

bjornjonas

wow quite the turnout in the forums! just a couple of hours and allready a lot of responses ;) thanks for the warm welcome guys!

so i was looking more carefully through the trusted dealer section and found this in one of the webstores..

http://www.marvellou...l.php?ProId=974

is there some vintage-wizard that could point out the most obvious (cosmetical) differenses between this and a gen 25k daytona from the time-period and if there is ways to improve on this linked rep IF its even a worthy alternative.. ;)

also is tehre a way to get a pm when someone replies in your thread or is it virtual post-its and revisits that is the way to go? ;)

/b

EDIT; i see now that the linked model has a fake hour counter.. is there versions out there where it is working as it should or is that not possible with non-rolex movements that fit in the case?

/b

Edited by bjornjonas