Sign in to follow this  
boneyjr

My Gen dial has an issue... modders advice needed.

boneyjr

As you will see from the pictures below, I purchased a few gen parts to franken my planet ocean. Among the parts is a gen dial. However, it didn't take me long to notice that something was up with the 7 and 11 markers on the gen dial. It appears as though something has been glued on top of the lume portion. What the hell is going on? has anyone seen this? I don't want to return the dial until I can make sense of it. Thanks!

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02027.jpg

DSC02021-1.jpg

DSC02020-1.jpg

DSC02022-1.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

DSC02026.jpg

RichardMiami

Boney... I am no expert, but I don't think you need to know how they screwed that up... I would send it back immediately, You have an extremely compelling case with those very good photos. Get it exchanged for the perfect dial you wanted, or at minimum get your money back - plus shipping.

boneyjr

Boney... I am no expert, but I don't think you need to know how they screwed that up... I would send it back immediately, You have an extremely compelling case with those very good photos. Get it exchanged for the perfect dial you wanted, or at minimum get your money back - plus shipping.

Problem is that I bought it on Ebay.. I was hoping that the lume markers just have protection on them that could be removed or something...

jeffw69

Fuck!

Are you sure it was a gen dial?

Those markers are seriously fucked up.

boneyjr

Fuck!

Sure enough it was gen. It looks like that actual markers are below whatever the hell is on top of them. Other than those markers, the dial is a thing of beauty...

jeffw69

Fuck!

Sure enough it was gen. It looks like that actual markers are below whatever the hell is on top of them. Other than those markers, the dial is a thing of beauty...

The rest of it

Fuck!

The rest of it does looks amazing.

boneyjr

it is looking like the lume was glued on upside down... wtf??

Mike 1108

Now you know why it was on the Bay.... Send them the pics immediately and ask them WTF ? Don't leave feedback yet. They should send you a replacement or your money back... The edging around the lume is messed up (bent and not smooth like the others) - I don't think you could even re-lume this and have it look right.

Just my opinion - I wouldn't mess with it. Order parts thru Cousins UK or another Omega supplier.

Mike

g.man

SEND IT BACK.

powderfreak

How about that scenario: Lume gets loose, falls out, idiot puts the "parts" back in the wrong way and tries to fix it with some glue...

gottahaverolex

Send it back bro. That's bad

10:10 Watch Repair
How about that scenario: Lume gets loose, falls out, idiot puts the "parts" back in the wrong way and tries to fix it with some glue...

+1.

boneyjr

+1.

Yea.. my thoughts exactly. Do you think a modder could fix this? Or perhaps replace the lume markers from my rep dial?

10:10 Watch Repair

It's fixable. Probably just need to flip the lume and clean it up.

Amit

What a jackass that did that.

boneyjr

What a jackass that did that.

I bought it from a guy on ebay. I am guessing he is the jackass. I am going to take it to a watch shop to see if it can be repaired. I hope the dial doesnt get destroyed in the process...

gB.

Did you check with your local AD?

:popcorn:

boneyjr

Did you check with your local AD?

:popcorn:

hahaha.. dude, wtf. But it is a gen dial, so maybe i will.

stewzzy

that is crap! Definetly someone butchering the affected lume markers. I suspect that they have tried to remove the lume but realised how much damage they were causing so they have cut plastic to fit the markers and refit with glue. Probably thinking "ohhh well I will fire it onto ebay, someone will buy it" bastards! email them and say you want a refund. Why is ebay such a heckhole of con artists just trying to pam off second rate goods! hope you get this sorted as it will be a cracking touch to your watch.

boneyjr

that is crap! Definetly someone butchering the affected lume markers. I suspect that they have tried to remove the lume but realised how much damage they were causing so they have cut plastic to fit the markers and refit with glue. Probably thinking "ohhh well I will fire it onto ebay, someone will buy it" bastards! email them and say you want a refund. Why is ebay such a heckhole of con artists just trying to pam off second rate goods! hope you get this sorted as it will be a cracking touch to your watch.

Email already sent.. along with the pics I took. Let you know what happens.

diegosaenz

Gluck, I would hate to get that.

boneyjr

Guy responded to me.. said he notices that the markers were loose so he tried to fix them himself... dipshit glued them on upside down. I asked for a 50% refund... see if I can do the work myself.

g.man

How much did you pay for this garbage?

regards

g.man

boneyjr

How much did you pay for this garbage?

regards

g.man

I got a really good deal on it (it came with gen hands, gen crown and gen He valve). I contacted the seller and he said he would take a full return, or refund 50% of my money if I want to try and fix the dial. I am going to take it to a local watch guy and see if he can swap replica markers for the 7 & 11.

HWG

Take the refund and start over boney. Sorry bout your luck.