Sign in to follow this  
andy66

rolex.

andy66

im not big on rolex,not sure why but its probably down to all those horrible gold reps that were about years ago and everyone been obsessed with sweeping second hands.

since i found this place,rolex is the one brand ive not really looked at.my mate has got a gen,the green bezel one and although i like it,its too small.i like watches the size of the 45mm po.

the one rolex that has caught my eye is the black pro hunter but i thought it was around 40mm so i left it.

yesterday i saw roberts new arrivals....2 rolex,both 43mm..........

.....now im interested.

is there many more larger size rolex??

how do you lot feel about size?

is it a factor in your buying decisions?

p.s-i put the second question in for the usual suspects!!!!!lol

greg_r

The DeepSea is the largest watch Rolex make at 43mm - available in both standard and Pro Hunter (PVD) versions.

The next largest are the Day/Date II and Datejust II at 41mm although, frankly, they lack the elegance of the older 37mm versions imho

Sub, GMT, YM and original SeaDweller are all 40mm. The Daytona is 39, but wears small.

I used to be something of a Rolex fan (I wore a Day/Date for years), but much as I like the design of most of 'em (notable exception being the YM, which is kinda fugly) I find most of 'em too small these days. I tend to think twice about anything under 44mm - love my DeepSea though (wearing it today). I used to have a GMTII, but sold it to Kinky as it was just too small to get much wrist time.

andy66

im the same mate,under 44mm and it doesnt do it for me.

ive got the omega smp chrono in blue,i love it but if only it was a bit bigger.

AllergyDoc

Most collectors go through phases. Big, small. Big, small. It's one of the nice things about collecting reps instead of gens.

sconehead
Most kollecters go threw fazes. Big, small. Big, small. It's one of the nyce things abowt culecting reps insted of gens.

How dare you criticize me...check your own spelling first Doc...:boobies2::lookatme::Whistle:

AllergyDoc

You don't have to make them up, just check my late night-post drinking posts. :boobies2:

dingle
You don't have to make them up, just check my late night-post drinking posts. :boobies2:

:lookatme:

jameo210369

Rolex do nothing for me andy, just not my type. I know lots of the guys love them, Doc has some really good looking Rolex's.

Member X

I've been getting into them recently :lol:

Can't wait for my WM9/BK SD, and I want a YM, a DeepSea, a DJ, a DD, a Milgauss or two...

Bizarre really, seeing as I never liked them before joining RWG and getting properly into watches! lol ;)