Sign in to follow this  
dingle

my first pam...183

dingle

UPDATE:

newest PM states I should have my watch by Saturday. Woot,Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I can post pics this weekend

:lol:

houndoggie
UPDATE:

newest PM states I should have my watch by Saturday. Woot,Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I can post pics this weekend

:lol:

Congrats.

dingle

UPDATE:

nothing came in the mail Saturday. :Whistle: I sent a PM requesting tracking info. Sead replied wanting my name to track the package. The is the same response I have gotten before. I have given him my name and address at least 5 times.This is getting ridiculous. ;)

KinCaidk
UPDATE:

nothing came in the mail Saturday. :Whistle: I sent a PM requesting tracking info. Sead replied wanting my name to track the package. The is the same response I have gotten before. I have given him my name and address at least 5 times.This is getting ridiculous. ;)

That sucks Dingding!

sconehead
UPDATE:

That sucks Dingding!

I think it's time to have a word with the admis/mods to give him a polite 'hurry up' imo...;)

greg_r
UPDATE:

That sucks Dingding!

I think it's time to have a word with the admis/mods to give him a polite 'hurry up' imo...;)

+1

If he was a dealer here, I'd have already contacted him on your behalf...

sconehead
UPDATE:

nothing came in the mail Saturday. :Whistle: I sent a PM requesting tracking info. Sead replied wanting my name to track the package. The is the same response I have gotten before. I have given him my name and address at least 5 times.This is getting ridiculous. :lolcina:

That sucks Dingding!

+1

I wouldn't, DB is a postwhore... ;)

just kidding...;)

dingle
UPDATE:

That sucks Dingding!

+1

That will be the next step. I will wait until I get a reply with the tracking # and then go from there.........

dingle

Well it's finally here and it actually works. The only thing wrong is sead did not do anything to the smudges on the movement wheel, but I think I can live with it for now. Thanks for all the encouragement along the way, fellas'

crappy blackberry pic for now, hopefully more to follow.

IMG00059-20091215-0818.jpg

KinCaidk

Congrats DingDing!!!

greg_r

Good to hear! Enjoy :D

Silverspeed

:D:woo:

great news man...glad to see you got your first PAM

dingle

the minute hand is sitting a little awkward on the canon pin. How hard is it to "seat" it correctly?

sconehead
the minute hand is sitting a little awkward on the canon pin. How hard is it to "seat" it correctly?

Not that hard, there's a pictorial tuto about removing the movement from a Pam 111, written by a well loved, highly respected member here, http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...?showtopic=1769 :pee:

Just follow that to remove the movement, then using a plastic biro case or something suitable, press the second hand on 'till it's seated correctly.

The biggest problem/headache you'll have DB, is removing any dust particles off the dial before refitting it...it's a relatively easy fix mate...:)

dingle

Not that hard, there's a pictorial tuto about removing the movement from a Pam 111, written by a well loved, highly respected member here, http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...?showtopic=1769 :pee:

Just follow that to remove the movement, then using a plastic biro case or something suitable, press the second hand on 'till it's seated correctly.

The biggest problem/headache you'll have DB, is removing any dust particles off the dial before refitting it...it's a relatively easy fix mate...:)

Thanks monkey.What is the plastic biro case thingy you are referring too?

sconehead

Thanks monkey.What is the plastic biro case thingy you are referring too?

Bic pen case...

KBH

For a hand that small, I'll give you another suggestion. Cut a round wooden toothpick in half and use it to push it down with.

dingle
For a hand that small, I'll give you another suggestion. Cut a round wooden toothpick in half and use it to push it down with.

^^^^^this I can understand. Thanks KBH.

Monkey----I did not see how to put the watch back together again.......did I miss it somewhere?...I am a noob ya know. :pee:

KBH

Monkey----I did not see how to put the watch back together again.......did I miss it somewhere?...I am a noob ya know. :pee:

:)

dingle

Monkey----I did not see how to put the watch back together again.......did I miss it somewhere?...I am a noob ya know. :)

:)

I know, I know....................it's sad, but true. :pee:

sconehead

Monkey----I did not see how to put the watch back together again.......did I miss it somewhere?...I am a noob ya know. :lol:

:facepalm:

I know, I know....................it's sad, but true. :(

...just look at the pics in reverse... :rofl:

dingle

Monkey----I did not see how to put the watch back together again.......did I miss it somewhere?...I am a noob ya know. :rofl:

I know, I know....................it's sad, but true. :lol:

...just look at the pics in reverse... :facepalm:

:facepalm: got a mirror? :(

sconehead

Monkey----I did not see how to put the watch back together again.......did I miss it somewhere?...I am a noob ya know. :facepalm:

I know, I know....................it's sad, but true. :rofl:

no, my rugged good looks have cracked them all...:lol:

dingle

Monkey----I did not see how to put the watch back together again.......did I miss it somewhere?...I am a noob ya know. :facepalm:

I know, I know....................it's sad, but true. :facepalm:

if I fuck it up, I'll send it to ya to fix......mirror and all. :rofl:

sconehead

I know, I know....................it's sad, but true. :facepalm:

if I fuck it up, I'll send it to ya to fix......mirror and all. :rofl:

KBH is closer...:facepalm: