Sign in to follow this  
dingle

my first pam...183

KBH

I've got a 183 on my desk that I just put back together. I'll just send you that one and keep yours.

dingle
I've got a 183 on my desk that I just put back together. I'll just send you that one and keep yours.

I know you go out of your way for me KBH, thanks. :( What mods does yours have?

KBH

DSN super lumed dial, super lumed hands and brand new crown with new non rep tube and a brand new correct style movement with swan neck regulator.

dingle
DSN super lumed dial, super lumed hands and brand new crown with new non rep tube and a brand new correct style movement with swan neck regulator.

....and canon pin fix,sapphire crystal.......

Sounds just like mine. I will try sconey's method and see....I have to learn at some point, right?

sconehead

Sounds just like mine. I will try sconey's method and see....I have to learn at some point, right?

That's how the rest of us started... :(

keep us posted...which I'm sure you will now the race with Doc is on...:lol:

dingle

That's how the rest of us started... :rofl:

keep us posted...which I'm sure you will now the race with Doc is on...:pee:

race?...what race....:rofl:

dingle

camera scheduled to be here Tuesday. Thanks KBH! then pics..............

are we still racing? :lol:

dingle

well here we go. finally some pics thanks to KBH. You will see some flaws along the way. Hopfully I can correct these issues myself.....sorry for the dust.....did not see it before I took the pics.

DSCN1776.jpg

DSCN1780.jpg

DSCN1781.jpg

DSCN1786.jpg

DSCN1793.jpg

DSCN1796.jpg

DSCN1797.jpg

DSCN1798.jpg

DSCN1800.jpg

DSCN1801.jpg

DSCN1802.jpg

DSCN1804.jpg

DSCN1807.jpg

DSCN1808.jpg

DSCN1811.jpg

All comments are welcome. Still learning this camera....thanks

greg_r

183 lookin' good. First shot is a tad overexposed but interesting - looks like the lume is pretty decent :santa:

KBH

Not bad but the camera is capable of much better. Read about the macro setting, how to turn off the flash and how to set the white balance. Macro and no flash pretty much require the use of a tripod for good pictures. Also use the timer (3 seconds) for no camera movement.

Then if you have Photoshop use the color correction or "quick fix" and Sharpen Mask to make the "pop".

dingle

update:

I still have not received the new gear and hands from sead. He stated in a PM yesterday they were sent out a long time ago...........I replied asking for a tracking number and the actual day he sent them. I should hear from him in about 4 days, this is the time frame it is taking now........mary is looking better each passing day.

dingle

bump for alfi. :)

Member X

This is worse than Eurotimez lol

Hope you can get it sorted in the end!

I wouldn't hesitate in using Mary for every single transaction from now on - great communication, great delivery times, great QC and pics for approval, great prices - what more could you want?!

Luthier

I wouldn't hesitate in using Mary for every single transaction from now on - great communication, great delivery times, great QC and pics for approval, great prices - what more could you want?!

Exactly.

Man got dead watch, shipped back, waited for an age, trashed his nervous system, got it back still with flaws, now waiting for parts...

Why the hell use unreliable dealers, if we have a few perfect ones?

Or "learn thru blood" is the best way?

:)

dingle

Exactly.

Man got dead watch, shipped back, waited for an age, trashed his nervous system, got it back still with flaws, now waiting for parts...

:D

:)....thanks Luthier for the cliff notes version. :thumbsup:

Luthier

Exactly.

:)....thanks Luthier for the cliff notes version. :D

I just care your health, we already have enuf psychos here.

:thumbsup::)

KBH

Exactly.

:) ....thanks Luthier for the cliff notes version. :D

I just care your health, we already have enuf psychos here.

:thumbsup::)

:sillywalk::sillywalk::sillywalk::sillywalk::sillywalk:

Luthier

Running for postwhore status?

dingle

yes I am. :)

KBH

I'm just trying to catch up to the rest of you!

Luthier

:lol:

Nobody succeeded...

dingle

Nobody succeeded...

slow you both are.......:yoda:

KBH

DB is running the rest of us into the ground. Every morning, Monday through Friday I turn on my computer and see a whole page of DB's thread bumping.

dingle

UPDATE:

I still have not received my gear or hands from sead. The last PM from him was on Jan 9th. It was a reply to my question asking for the tracking # and what day he actually shipped the items. He stated "let me do little research". I have not heard from him since. I have fixed the hands and cleaned the gear thanks to Sconey's tutorial, so I really don't need them now. I guess it's the principle involved. Every geek around stated I would be taken care of by sead.................. I will not order from him again. :thumbsup2:

greg_r
UPDATE:

I still have not received my gear or hands from sead. The last PM from him was on Jan 9th. It was a reply to my question asking for the tracking # and what day he actually shipped the items. He stated "let me do little research". I have not heard from him since. I have fixed the hands and cleaned the gear thanks to Sconey's tutorial, so I really don't need them now. I guess it's the principle involved. Every geek around stated I would be taken care of by sead.................. I will not order from him again. :(

Sead has always been a little too 'cottage industry' for my tastes, which is why we didn't invite him over here. He's a fairly decent dealer, but there are others I'd buy from in preference. Sorry he didn't sort things out for you...