Sign in to follow this  
Niles

What is your favorite watch to wear with a suit??

Pihlippe
DSC00513.jpg

Amit

Usually Cartier Santos, Rolex Datejust or Rolex 6263 for me, but I've been known to wear my Fiddy with a suit, so what the hell.. :lol:

There's just no accounting for people that have no class...lol

Frankt8242

Probably this one.........If i ever need to wear a suit again!!(I think I've still got one way in the back of my closet somewhere!!)

IMG_6667.jpg

A 1960's vintage 30 j Bulova auto

fatarms

I can't afford a good Nautilus right now, so I'd have to go with the Breguet on the left:

DSC00021.jpg

mrs1986

I dont have one, but the Piaget Ultraplano would be a nice watch to wear whit a suit...

tesmith2112

This is my go to suit watch. Nice contrast when wearing a darker suit.

IMG_1200.jpg

mrs1986

This is the watch i mention... Sorry no wrist shot...

PIAGET.jpg

Tits McGee

I go with the Datograph.

Practice55004.jpg

Realism

I don't wear a suit anymore.   :tease:

you wear dresses now?...

str8

This when in formal wear -

pam190_8301.jpg

dedafmonteur

IMG_0687-1.jpg

or...

IMG_0688.jpg

nuker

055.jpg

For those who have big whrists :)

Craig88

This when in formal wear -

pam190_8301.jpg

Doesn't get more classy than this.

conx

Gen Rolex Datejust for me...

P1010656.jpg

jdoe

Must be a reactionary oldtimer I think. My specs:

Thin: Damn thing has to slip under your bloody shirt cuff, this is by far the most important aspect of a dress watch.

Understated: It should not draw attention, but scream expensive to anyone who does take a peek (No, that does not mean Bling). After all it's there to help you persuade someone to part with a shitload of money.

Simple: It should tell the time, that's it. No lume, no chrono, no E6B. Allowance for Day&Date, but do you really want to let on that you don't know the date?

Strap: Leather, black croc, no horns. Absolutely no rubber, metal or Natos. If you're queer and use brown shoes, get a brown strap, yes your belt should be the same colour too dammit.

Size: 35-40mm

Case: Platinum or Gold

Movement: Mechanical, do I have to elaborate?

Brand: Preferably none on the dial. If you absolutely must, make sure it is either unknown (made to order) or one of the top brands. No, bloody Rolex doesn't hack it.

Pecking order: Don't get an obviously more expensive watch than the boss (unless he's clueless, in which case you could). Get e Frederic Constant or something similar if you're just starting.

Provenance: Most folks will be better off with a Gen as they get nervous about being called on a "Fake" in a business setting and potentially not landing the shitload of money. If you don't give a shit any more it doesn't matter as nobody is going to ask anyway. Also note, in this case you really could put on an orange G-Shock too if you felt like it.

Alternatively you could go for a gold or silver pocket watch if you are "eccentric"

Edited by jdoe

bbb

Submariner!!

mianos

PP Nautilus or Cartier Santos if you want to demonstrate budgetary restraint. I just got the white Nautilus and it's probably the most understated yet stylish watches I have ever held. I also have the Santos and it's a little less formal and slightly thicker under the cuff. (As much as I love my BB King it is even a pain getting it under the cuffs of a jacket :( ).

ebzen02
6752499295_2bbeb97093_b.jpg

dingle

Must be a reactionary oldtimer I think. My specs:

Thin: Damn thing has to slip under your bloody shirt cuff, this is by far the most important aspect of a dress watch.

Understated: It should not draw attention, but scream expensive to anyone who does take a peek (No, that does not mean Bling). After all it's there to help you persuade someone to part with a shitload of money.

Simple: It should tell the time, that's it. No lume, no chrono, no E6B. Allowance for Day&Date, but do you really want to let on that you don't know the date?

Strap: Leather, black croc, no horns. Absolutely no rubber, metal or Natos. If you're queer and use brown shoes, get a brown strap, yes your belt should be the same colour too dammit.

Size: 35-40mm

Case: Platinum or Gold

Movement: Mechanical, do I have to elaborate?

Brand: Preferably none on the dial. If you absolutely must, make sure it is either unknown (made to order) or one of the top brands. No, bloody Rolex doesn't hack it.

Pecking order: Don't get an obviously more expensive watch than the boss (unless he's clueless, in which case you could). Get e Frederic Constant or something similar if you're just starting.

Provenance: Most folks will be better off with a Gen as they get nervous about being called on a "Fake" in a business setting and potentially not landing the shitload of money. If you don't give a shit any more it doesn't matter as nobody is going to ask anyway. Also note, in this case you really could put on an orange G-Shock too if you felt like it.

Alternatively you could go for a gold or silver pocket watch if you are "eccentric"

I actually agree with all of this :lol:

except the bracelet part, I use to wear only alligator strap watches with my suits......and I have a shitload of them, but with the DJII the bracelet works really well with the suit.

:)

bklynboy

Wearing the Portuguese today for a client meeting

Portuguese1.jpg

slask111

When i meet clients i often leave my "expensive" reps at home. My customers are state, goverment etc so no money there ;) I usualy wear my ebel or pams.. noone knows what they are and noone notice them. Even though they are huuuge.

I also park two blocks away.. cant show up in a nice car.

And yes i live in Sweden. A country where you cant show off. At all.

An example. The company that cleans our office did a bad job. So we called the owner to set up a meeting, something had to be done. He shows up in a porsche. We fired him on the spot..

But yes this is what i think is a good watch for a suit:

PAM312_00016328.jpg

00017921.jpg

ATFSWUS09.jpg

You need to know the date when working...

Edited by slask111

mspangl

Daydate, Nautilus, Aquanaut, Datejust....

Bosox

[

And yes i live in Sweden. A country where you cant show off. At all.

An example. The company that cleans our office did a bad job. So we called the owner to set up a meeting, something had to be done. He shows up in a porsche. We fired him on the spot..

That showed him! And this is what the world is coming to: success is now defined as living in a mud hut like Obama's half brother. Punish the industrious, the successful, and reward the slackers. Sure makes me want to work harder.

As to the OP's question: PAMs and Rollies are far too thick to slip under a cuff. I have a beautiful rep Breguet tourbillon which is so thick, I wear it only with casual clothes. Even my JLC rep tourby is not a good fit under a sleeve. IWCs and PPs plus a nice Piaget would suit my suit, I bet. Actually, I bought a Movado quartz expressly to wear with a tux. Very rich looking and it can't be more than 3mm thick on the wrist, as part of the case sinks into the flesh, making it almost a second skin. I am now waiting to pick up a gen JLC Ultra Thin Reverso which is 7.2 mm thick so it, too, should work. So many good choices but how many people actually notice a watch or know enough to appreciate a really fine timepiece even if they see one? Some of you guys are simply amazing with your knowledge of watches, reps and gens. I am in awe, but you are the exceptions.

Edited by Bosox

jdoe

I actually agree with all of this :lol:

Got you worried now?

Edited by jdoe