Sign in to follow this  
micscave

New Member Introduction

micscave

Howdo All

I'm new to this site so thought I would introduce myself. I'm from the UK. I've been into rep watches for a few years now. I started off with a couple of pretty rough fake Rolex and Brietling watches from Thailand about 20 years ago, the sort that fall to bits after a few weeks. Then over the last 3 years I've picked up 7 reps from Turkey and was amazed how much better they have become over the years. I say better, I mean the build quality really,as all the watches I've picked up have their flaws.

The watches are:

Bell & Ross 01-92. Nice watch but no lume and wrong corners around the face, if that makes sense.

Omega seamaster Quartz. Looks good but never really wear it now.

U-Boat Flightdeck Quartz. Again quartz and never really wear it.

IWC Big Pilot Automatic with working power reserve. I love this one, it keeps great time, it only looses about 2 seconds per day. It's got the wrong second hand on it though, dead give away.

Then there are the pams and the addiction that goes with them. 2 PAM 90 one white face and one black face. Not great reps by any means, I dont think there was a white face one and both with waffle dials. The black one looks good but is fast by 2 minutes each day.

Then my last one i picked up in January this year was a PAM 270. Looks ok but a little rough around the edges & is 5 Minutes fast every day.

So I came across this site and one or two others and discovered that there was more to this hobby/addiction than buying second rate watches blind.

I've jumped straight in and ordered a PAM127 E N-Maker 1:1 Superlumed Ultimate Edition from Puretime. I've Okay the QC pictures and just waiting for them to ship. Could anyone advise me if I should spend the extra $ and buy the "Special Shipping Service from UK". Do I need this as I'm in the UK? Do we get problems at customs with this sort of thing in the UK?

I'm looking forward to this watch turning up and have already ordered 2 straps. The first one is from Toshi on "Saddle leather" & the second is from

C & B Straps "74" bloody great price too at €45 inc shipping to UK.

I've also got my eye on a PAM111 N Noob best edition & a PAM243L Noob Ultimate addition and the list goes on.

Well thanks for listening, i'll post pics when the "fiddy" and straps arrive and if anyone can advise on the extra shipping question that would be great.

Regards

micscave

jeffw69

Welcome to the forum.

Definitely plenty of awesome reps out there.

You may want to put a limit on your credit card (if you haven't already) :lol:

Pob

Welcome mate ;)

Cyril_Clunge

No customs problems shipping to UK, that service is for those folks in Europe whose customs take an interest in parcels from outside the EU.

micscave

I think you're right there jeffw69. I've already got the pam addiction from the ones I have from Turkey, I dread to think what it's going to be like once I have a super rep in my grubby paws.

onionbag

Hello and welcome from Scotland, it looks like you've got it bad, so you're in the right place. :)

The shipping that Puretime offers is, I believe, a service for those who live in countries within the EU and have very strict customs rules, e.g. Italy.

So you'll have no problems with shipping and should not pay extra.

Slow I am..... :yoda:

micscave

No customs problems shipping to UK, that service is for those folks in Europe whose customs take an interest in parcels from outside the EU.

Thanks mate for that info. I had a very sureal pigeon english conversation with their live support at 3 am this morning & i don't think really they were getting the jist of what I was asking.

Edited by micscave

micscave

Thanks for the reply onionbag and thanks for the welcome.