Sign in to follow this  
conx

Just lost my Breitling cherry to.....

conx

... a Breitling Superocean 2010 Abyss in blue.

I've always been a Rolex diehard, but decided after seeing Del's pictures of the same watch a while back that I would give Breitling a go - and what a watch to lose your Breitling virginity to :) (I'm afraid my pics are not up to Del's standard - I may need to subcontract the photography to him in future !)

br5.jpg

The case is 42mm which is the perfect size for me. What has put me off Breitlings in the past has been size. I prefer a smaller watch and 42mm is pretty much my sweet spot.

br2.jpg

I went with the blue version and can say that I am delighted with my choice. The blue is not as bright as I thought it could be and is in fact quite subtle. Combined with the AR the blue inner bezel really makes a nice colour combination. In fact my wife even commented on it, which she rarely does with my watches :) However, I do recognise that what colour you choose is very much a personal choice, but I am really pleased I chose blue.

The case and back are beautifully made, the engraving on the back is spot on. The bezel rotates with nice assured clicks with no hint of play and the "rubber like" material in the bezel is a nice change from Subs and Planet oceans.

The only slight quality issue I have found with the case is with the crown which can be difficult to screw back in and I worry it could be easy to cross thread. But I just take my time and make sure it is in the correct position, so no real issue here.

The movement is an A2824. The sweep is as smooth as anything else in my collection (rep or gen) and the winding is buttery smooth. I'm really happy with the movement.

br4.jpg

The AR is excellent, again better than any other rep I own. The lume is OK. I don't worry too much over lume (prefer lube myself :)), it is lumed, but it won't hurt your eyes to look at, so if lume is your thing you might want to get this super-lumed.

br3.jpg

I was worried about the strap, as my previous experience of rubber straps was not good (B&R rep). However, I have been very impressed with this strap. It is soft and comfortable. The only slight issue is that is can be a bit fiddly to put on and take off as the rubber does not slide over itself as easily as the genuine strap (I tried one on in an AD before buying). However, this is not a huge issue. the strap also has quite a pronounced smell - a not unpleasant sweet smell that is slowly fading, but it is quite powerful to start with.

br6.jpg

In summary, I would say that this is the best rep I own. As far as I can see it is accurate to the gen with no obvious tells. The movement is good, the finish is excellent. All in all, I am delighted with it.

br1.jpg

HWG

I just sent one of these back to a member (cleaning up after Mike) Nice watch, I like the blue. Congrats! I just wish there was a rep bracelet for these, that being said, the rubber is a decent quality.

jdthompson131216

Love this watch. Congrats.

jdthompson131216
I just sent one of these back to a member (cleaning up after Mike) Nice watch, I like the blue. Congrats! I just wish there was a rep bracelet for these, that being said, the rubber is a decent quality.

I almost bought the gen about 2 months ago. It was a 44mm with a stainless bracelet. I really liked it alot. I should have gotten it

Del

Superb, congrats! :clap:

This is extremely close to gen - I've started threads on it before if you want to search - and there are only a few very minor tells. The crowns can be a bit fiddley to screw back in but you'll get used to it (I always screw it the wrong way until I feel the "click" of the start of the thread and then screw the correct way - this minimises the risk of threading the crown). ;)

I also thought the rubber strap was excellent but agree it doesn't slip on and off quickly. It's a very comfortable watch to wear though. :)

robznet

1st class mate - enjoy!

onionbag

The guys have said it all........enjoy it in good health conx.

dalboy

Conx,

Nothing wrong with them pics mate. looks great to me !! ' oh fuck it i just dropped my white stick ' :giggle: .glad you like it wear it well my friend...........

I have to say Del does piss me off !!!!!! his photographic skills !!!. he could make a fucking turd look good... :giggle:

HWG

I have to say Del does piss me off !!!!!! his photographic skills !!!. he could make a fucking turd look good... :giggle: :giggle:

Lets not put him up to that challenge.

Del

I have to say Del does piss me off !!!!!! his photographic skills !!!. he could make a fucking turd look good... :giggle: :giggle:

:lmao2:

BBL..........:Whistle:

2point

Looks real sweet. It's one on my list (with the yellow dial).

dalboy

BBL.......... :Whistle:

What can i say lads..............................the Gauntlet is down.. :lol:

Steve227

What a great breitling to pop that cherry with!

I too would like to see the good looking turd! Possibly polished first lol

Rav747

What about your other cherry? ;)

Great pick up btw

conx

Great pick up btw

Still looking for a worthy suitor for that one

No not you :)

HWG

Oh shit.....

:lol:

dalboy

Oh shit.....

:lol:

No not yet.....................

Rav747

Great pick up btw

Still looking for a worthy suitor for that one

No not you :)

:(