Sign in to follow this  
andy66

dodgy lookig deals.

andy66

im new to all this and im only learning when it comes the finer details of watches.when i get a watch in the post,i dont look to see how close it is to the gen.if i like it i like it and thats good enough for me.....for now anyway.

ive just been browsing on ebay and ive come across a few watches that just look SOOOOO dodgy,but the sellers arent asking for mad money or anything.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panerai-Luminor-Powe...=item414a722bd4

what do you do????

greg_r
im new to all this and im only learning when it comes the finer details of watches.when i get a watch in the post,i dont look to see how close it is to the gen.if i like it i like it and thats good enough for me.....for now anyway.

ive just been browsing on ebay and ive come across a few watches that just look SOOOOO dodgy,but the sellers arent asking for mad money or anything.

what do you do????

Report 'em if you can be bothered. Obviously the watch in that link is fake, but frankly anyone who buys it expecting a gen probably deserves what they get. Think of it as a stupidity tax :irish_dance:

It's when the seller has gone to great lengths to make it look like the real thing (as Dove did) - or is obviously presenting it as a gen that I get annoyed...

houndoggie

what do you do????

What a steaming pile of crap rep that one is. The only thing you can do is report the item as a fake to ebay and hope they pull it.

trailboss99

You post 'em here just as you have done and folk who know for sure will report it on da bay. It's actualy a second hobby for JohnG and a few others :irish_dance:

In this case, it's a rep, feel free to tell ebay so via the report link on the page.

Col.

andy66

to be quite honest,anyone who falls for that one deserves it.

even with my limited knowledge it screamed snide.i cant get my head round what the seller is hoping for,i found a few others just like that,not even an attempt to make it look right....wierd.

i do agree though,its the ones like "dove" that need stringing up!!!!

sconehead

I think the seller is using 'veiled speech' to let you know it's a rep. He's even supplied a tel no.

Anyone fancy giving him a call? If he admits it's a rep, let it run...if he doesn't we'll call in the the pigeon killer to do his worst...:irish_dance:

Novesh

LOL

the second hand circle is TOUCHING the hour/min hands...hahaha

jameo210369

Bless him, he has even listed that the power reserve indicator is not working. £101.50 and rising

Klink
Bless him, he has even listed that the power reserve indicator is not working. £101.50 and rising

Oops! : )

"This listing (280421870548) has been removed, or this item is not available."

Edited by Klink