Sign in to follow this  
Jooliejules

A newbie who has learnt a lesson

Jooliejules

Hi everyone

As a new member, I've read so much about watches and bad websites over the last week or so on this very informative, humorous site.

Previously, I purchased a watch which I saw on a watch site ]www.inchwatches.com it was a Ladies Link Chronograph only to find when it arrived it was the smaller version without the chronograph (I already have a genuine one of these)!

I have emailed them numerous times at [email protected]

My email is as below.

Dear Sir

You have sent the wrong item. I wanted and ordered the link chronograph which I also sent a photograph of. You sent me the link without the chronograph. It is a different watch. I am not saying anything about the quality just that it is the wrong watch.

Please send me an address to which I can return this wrong item.

Regards

Their reply

Dear Customer

Thanks for your kindly picture, but pls note that the factory didn't send the wrong item to you ,pls note that replica should be can't same as the real one. and our item quality is not bad. pls note it.

I have just received their latest email after I told them I am reporting them to the watch board (RWG), their reply is

Dear Customer,

Pls note the replica has a little different from the real one ,and we will give u 15% discount on your next order, is it ok ?

I didn't pay an awful lot for this watch and have given it to a friend who loves it. The quality wasn't great (I could post photos of it once I learn how)

I just wanted a cheap chrongraph to wear daily. I will buy one through the trusted dealers and in fact am in the process of doing that now. I was also quite worried that they may still have my credit card details so cancelled the card with my bank.

Haven't I been very blonde? Please don't answer that one!

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

Sorry to hear about your experience but at least you received something and it wasn't too expensive - many people receive nothing from scam sites and pay rather a lot for the privilege.

Glad to hear you are already looking to the Trusted Dealers. If you have any questions then just ask! :)

Amit

Glad you didn't get stung too bad. Welcome here and remember to stick to the TDs.

gtwc

Yup, you've learnt the hard way.

Bet they were really quaking in their boots when you said you were going to report

them to RWG - after all, they're not a TD !!!

Better luck in the future - stick with the people here and you can't go wrong.

trailboss99

Welcome Julie, believe me you are not alone in getting ripped off by one of the 1000s of questionable sellers of reps on the internet.

There are people here who spent 1000s on pieces of junk before finding us. At least it won't happen again.

Vector

Don't forget to post pictures of your new acquisition when it arrives . Tis the law ! :)

jeffw69

Welcome to the forum. :)