Sign in to follow this  
mark8111

(stuck in uk customs). Update.. Watch DOA

mark8111

Hi guys. After the. Excitement of eventually receiving watch.. huge diassapointment. Watch runs for about 10mins then stops, second hand still turns but hrs & mins don't move. Could this be just loose hands?. What. Would be best options.. Ask someone( watch repairer) to have a look at it or send all the way back to China.. I wouldn't be so bothered if it was cheap version but this was a $200+ watch

Cheers mark

jeffw69

Sorry to hear that Mark.

I had a dud once. Sucks.

dingle

send a message to the trusted dealer :)

10:10 Watch Repair

what's the movement?

Chavezzito

Talk to the TD you bought it from, sure he/she will help you.

Sad thing though, after a long wait this is the last you want...takes the fun away.

highergame

i'd talk to cls and trusted dealer since you'd think they would be willing to trade watches out with you. But if not cls would be a really good choice to get the watch running again.

mark8111

Hi. Just reading returns policy of TD. It Has a one yr warranty, looks like it,ll hav to go back

It's an Asian 7750

Cheers. Mark

10:10 Watch Repair

Hi. Just reading returns policy of TD. It Has a one yr warranty, looks like it,ll hav to go back

It's an Asian 7750

Cheers. Mark

That's what I thought. There is a gear that drives the hour and minute hands that is press fit. On the reps it tends to slip because of sloppy assembly, and/or oil on the pinion. I would guess that's your problem. I have been able to fix them with red loctite, and no, you can't fix it yourself. In the EU Wiz or Kenny I believe work on 7750s

highergame

do you have anymore watches?? was going to ask you how you like the 7750 vs the swiss eta movement? anyone else with both feel free to reply as well

Luthier

If you mean ETA as 2836 or 2824 - it's non-chrono movements, absolutely different from A7750, can't compare.

mark8111

It's an Asian 7750

Cheers. Mark

That's what I thought. There is a gear that drives the hour and minute hands that is press fit. On the reps it tends to slip because of sloppy assembly, and/or oil on the pinion. I would guess that's your problem. I have been able to fix them with red loctite, and no, you can't fix it yourself. In the EU Wiz or Kenny I believe work on 7750s

Hi. CLS.. Thanks for that, so what's the best option.. ask one of the aforementioned guys to repairs it(properly). Or sent back to china for replacement that could hav same fault? ?

Cheers Mark