Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Homages - a few in my collection

scorpion

First post here........... forgive me for any errors or faults!

I have just joined the forum and made my first order for a couple of cheap reps from Silix Prime. I always wanted to buy some reps but have been concerned over the 1000s of scam sites. The TD idea seems great and guided me through the scams and hopefully my first reps will arrive in a few weeks.

My collection of 20+ watches includes what i class as a few homages so I thought I would post a few shots.

Breitling Navitimer - Aeromatic 1912 Mk III A1250

A1250%20Aeromatic%201912%20(1)%20(Medium).jpg

My Aeromatic is clearly influenced by the classic Navitimer with an identical layout and bezel style. Its quartz movement and £120 retail price compare to the £4500+ automatic Navitimer. Size is identical but original has only a 30m water ratings compared to the 100m Aeromatic. It also has a different bezel set up, mine rotates internally via a left hand 9pm crown and the Navitimer rotates the actual bezel. The Aeromatic is a nice “ Breitling” style watch suitable for any occasion assembled in Germany with a Citizen quartz movement. It is easy to wear as its thin and fairly small but has a real expensive look and has been mistaken for the real thing. Unfortunately many manufactures have now jumped on the Navitimer bandwagon and mine is no longer unique as Rotary and others sell similar ones now.

Omega Seamaster - Theta Spymaster

Theta%20Spymaster%20%20(3)%20(Medium).jpg

Theta Spymaster is a copy of the Omega with only a missing 2nd crown (Helium release) and slightly different bezel design. Quality is poor compared to the original however as the Theta sells at around £30 this is acceptable as Omega want around £1500 for the Quartz version and £4500 for the automatic. The bracelet is accurate and has a nice button release but on close inspection is too light and the finish on the end of each link is poor. The Silver bezel is unusual on an Omega as most have a black finish. The Silver bezel one here is a 007 version automatic with skeleton hands and is the nearest to my Theta.

Breitling Bentley - Kronen & Sohne Classic Automatic Mechanical

Kronen%26Söhne%20Classic%20%20(8)%20(Medium).jpg

The K&S is similar to a Bentley Motors A25362 Special edition with Speed Bracelet. It has a Automatic movement with a sweeping second hand but the sub dials do not have a chronograph function and instead show day, date and 24 hour clock. This is presumably to keep the cost of the automatic movement down and at a price of around £25 is understandable. The identical bracelet is low quality and very light but looks ok. The K&S has a display glass on the rear to view the automatic movement.

Rolex Submariner - Invicta Grand Diver Pro

Invicta%20Grand%20Diver%20Pro%20(3)%20(Medium).jpg

Invicta do a nice range of 40mm Automatic Rolex Submariner styles for around £85.00. The blue face example looks great and is almost identical to the Rolex as both have an auto movement and are same size. Even the strap is the same. Going on past Invicata’s the quality is good, maybe not as good as a Rolex but as a Rolex Sub is around £5000 I can live with that!

Invicta also do a larger 46mm version the Grand Diver Pro shown above which is almost the same except the hands are a different sword style. This is a Rolex look alike with real presence and makes the real thing look small and is my choice for a Rolex style. It’s big but easy to wear and gets a lot of envious looks. It has a nice see through exhibition back showing the automatic movement, something a Rolex does not have with its rather boring plain back. It’s also rated to 300m water resistance with its screw down signed crown and has a nice chunky metal strap with diver logos each side.

Now thanks to this forum I am going in a new direction and aim to buy reps of all my favourite watches over the next few years - time to get another watch case, my 20x is already full and I have a few gens in my safe as well!

jeffw69

Welcome to the forum!

Amit

Hello.

Crusader

Nice watches, welcome. I have to say, the Theta ''Seamaster'' looks quite good and with black or blue bezel it might look even better :)

powderfreak

Hi :wave:

Balad1

Welcome Scorpion, glad to have you join us.

Luthier

Welcome to the forum!!!

And... never, ever say word "Invicta" again, especially in the same sentence with word "nice".

:D

scorpion

And... never, ever say word "Invicta" again, especially in the same sentence with word "nice".

:D

Mmmmm - well I admit to owning 4 of them, and they are decent if you buy them at a knock down price. None have given me any issues at all but OK I wont mention them again if it causes you too much distress!

sam1965uk

Welcome on board hope you enjoy your time with us

Sam

have a gr8t day

scorpion

Luthier - I have edited out the NICE word for you!!!

dalboy

You'll get used to Luth he is the man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome aboard ..

Dal....................

scorpion

Dal....................

Do you think he would like me to post some close ups of my 4 Invi*t*s then?

dalboy

Dal....................

Do you think he would like me to post some close ups of my 4 Invi*t*s then?

Go for it........................................

leave out the word NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

scorpion
Image1.jpg

scorpion

Its my Marmite watch - you either love it or hate it. At 360 grams you can also use it as a lethal weapon! I have not mentioned the make or nice.

Edited by scorpion

Realism

what gens are in the safe... if i may ask

myaz

NICE pic!!

dalboy

Image1.jpg

:fuck: :fuck: when your not wearing it , do you use it to keep the door open....................................and you said the N word. not good.. :lol:

scorpion

See above - its too big and heavy for my watch case and is dangerous to leave lying around in case my kids drop it and loose a foot! I also have another one thats almost as big in the safe and usually put the CX Swiss Military in there as well. No secret gold Rolex - i have kids and wife to feed!

Balad1

See above - its too big and heavy for my watch case and is dangerous to leave lying around in case my kids drop it and loose a foot! I also have another one thats almost as big in the safe and usually put the CX Swiss Military in there as well. No secret gold Rolex - i have kids and wife to feed!

Cut back on their calorie intake and you would have more money for reps...

scorpion

Suppose I could look at selling one of the kids one on ebay, that way cash up front plus a food bill saving long term. Get a lot of reps then but wife will beat me!!!! :lolcina:

Balad1

LOL

dalboy

Suppose I could look at selling one of the kids one on ebay, that way cash up front plus a food bill saving long term. Get a lot of reps then but wife will beat me!!!! :lolcina:

Sell the wife too.. :giggle:

scorpion

Sell the wife too.. :giggle:

No way - she is the cook, cleaner, accountant, cuts my hair(see I get to shag my hairdresser!) and she gets me watches for my Birthday, Xmas , Easter and fathers day!!!!

Balad1

Sounds like a keeper to me.