Sign in to follow this  
Wardy

DSSD Pearl Mod

Wardy

Question for you moders out there.....suppose I wanna sand the pearl on my DSSD with a nail file or something of sorts, in order to reduce the size of its zit like appearance. If I did this, what's the chances of the lume crumbling and falling out? I wld like to flatten it out some and could I use a 2 part clear epoxy to cover it?

The current pearl looks a bit like white out and is kinda high.

How would doing this effect the Lumes appearance? Any help would be much appreciated.

Steven

10:10 Watch Repair

if you try to sand it with a nail file the chances are 100% you will screw it up.

Balad1

After the filing mod please post pics for our amusement.

Sorry :-)

Wardy
After the filing mod please post pics for our amusement.

Sorry :-)

Haha...so, the only other option(s) would be to remove bezel insert and change pearl, replace entire bezel insert or send to someone who knows what the hell they're doing I take it?

Sigh...

Amit

You don't necessarily need to remove the insert.

But it would be best to send to someone that has experience of doing this before.

Wardy

I was kinda thinking it'd be beat to send to someone with knowledge in this area. Bitch of it is, I've had this piece since March and only worn it 2 maybe 3 days, I sent it to a semi local smith for a mvt swap and all, and received it last week finally only to send it back due to the seconds hand hanging on the hour hand....wtf.

Anyways......its a hobby right!? They ain't perfect huh...

KeNnY

get some lume from COl - from our RWG Shop, get some UV lacquer or VIgors Jewellery epoxy and then coat it with lacquer, and make your own pearl after you will drill the old one out.

Wardy
get some lume from COl - from our RWG Shop, get some UV lacquer or VIgors Jewellery epoxy and then coat it with lacquer, and make your own pearl after you will drill the old one out.

Would there be a specific ratio to mix the lume at in order to match the existing lume on markers or is it a experimental type thing? This thing may be better done by someone who knows what they're doing.....I don't know. It can't be but so Freakn complicated...

To remove, I start with a small screwdriver and grind a hole in the middle, keep working up with larger and larger screwdrivers until it's gone.

1:1 lume to binder is a good start, but you probably won't match the factory lume regardless.

BTW, hands on reps are one of the toughest things to install. They frequently don't fit right and the clearances are not the same as gens, i.e. frequently off because the reps don't usually use the right height wheels and pinions to make up for the sloppy datewheel overlays, the dials that's don't fit right, the hand applied lume, etc. etc. etc.

KeNnY

To remove, I start with a small screwdriver and grind a hole in the middle, keep working up with larger and larger screwdrivers until it's gone.

+1

Or if you have mini drill set you can use them as well

Wardy

Thanks guys, may give it a go.

Thanks guys, may give it a go.

Have at it, there's only so much damage you can do.