Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Swiss CX

scorpion

Sorry I got bored waiting for my reps to arrive so I dug out my camera and did a quick review of one of my Gens that gets worn a lot.

You see a lot of "Swiss Army / Military watches but the maker of the original Swiss Military watch is actually Montres Charmex, SA, located close to Basel, Switzerland. Their brand of Swiss tactical watches is called CX Swiss Military Watch. The brand received a lot of attention when they set a new world record with their automatic, professional dive watches, the 12'000 FEET (2005), and the 20'000 FEET (unveiled at the Baselworld 2009, which broke the record of Rolex's Deep Sea Dweller). Now that one is a right beast and looks unwearable so I got something a bit more realistic for a daily wearer.

CX Swiss Military Navy Diver 1833

CX by Montres Charmex

42mm case x 12mm thick 161g

Sapphire Crystal Glass, Super-Luminova lume

Water resistant to 200m with screw down signed crown

Matt stainless steel case and bracelet strap

Swiss Made Ronda cal. 5030D, 13 jewels movement

CX%20(1)%20(Large).jpg

This is a very nice piece with a lovely red dial and unusual matt finish stainless steel. Its quite small compared to some of my other models but fits well and looks quite large on my wrist. The strap was very hard to adjust as it uses small screws rather than pins and you need to use 2 small drivers to undo them.

CX%20(2)%20(Large).jpg

The bezel has some fine knurling on it and has no slack in it at all, its the best bezel I have come across - Swiss precision!

CX%20(4)%20(Large).jpg

Case has 4 screws, not sure if its then a screw back or if it just lifts off as I have not had to open it up.

CX Clasp.jpg

Safety clasp and button release

CX%20(5)%20(Large).jpg

Back is getting a bit scratched, never noticed it before I took this shot. I could polish it up but will leave it till it gets a few more marks.

CX.jpg

Extreme close up!

So far its been totally accurate and never loses any time. It came in an amazing box, massive made of wood and sprayed in the finest black lacquer finish. Total waste as its at the back of a cupboard but its the thought that counts!

Hope this review is a worthwhile addition to the forum, I have plenty of other gens I can post if it gets a decent response. I did try to photo the Mrs naked but she told me to fuck off and play with my watches!!!

Edited by scorpion

Pob

Wow looks nice this one!!!!!! I like ;)

Luthier

Swiss has military??????????????

Waaa... Who knew...

:D

I like this watch, especially matte finish!

onionbag

A very nice watch, it's great to see other brands reviewed, thanks.